+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...-Support-QNX-!... Smartphone News forum

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!

Article: And Now, THE BAD NEWS - Newest RIM Smartphones Are Already Obsolet

Advertisement

jeffallen8 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    I'm actually happy about reading this post. RIM is moving on past their standard blackberry OS. To be honest I am glad that their now obsolete devices wont upgrade to the new QNX software. If they were able to I would worry that QNX isn't just a new name for the stock blackberry software. There needs to be a time when they dump the old and bring in the new and it looks like that time is coming very quickly.

PapaMag no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Nadda
    I have to agree Jeff, I'm a little sad because I wanted to upgrade this year, but now if I do I surely won't be able to afford the new and fancy next year

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    ...I hope so. If anything, the Playbook shows us what QNX is all about. And it´s, in my opinion, NEW and EXCITING.
    Now, these phones ? Why ?
    One of the requisites for QNX is dual-core and higher capacity processors. RIM could have done this, already, preparing for QNX. Why didn´t they? Clients, could buy now knowing they could update. This way, it´s a safe bet most will wait. I will.
    And RIM will battle again with adverse criticism at a time they cannot afford it.

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Not much different to Iphone really, aren't they obsolete every year Iphone 1, Iphone 3G, Iphone 4, Iphone 5 etc . We all have to admit it even if it was not obsolete a new toy comes out that slightly different and we want to buy it!!

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Not quite true Dave. I have a 3Gs from two years ago, and it´s running the latest iOS.

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    So, we want to turn the company around so lets release 7 phones that aren't really 7 different phones that can't upgrade. Apple doesn't upgrade....wait, yes they do. But android doesn't.....crap!

I can't get this. OS7 better be damn good. What age is bb doing business in?

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Well maybe it is running the same software but don't you want I mean really want the latest and greatest looking Iphone

jhutton12 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    7BB5F94A
    What a mess for Rim ! Their plans and projections are truly out of whack !!!

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Quote Originally Posted by dushdavj View Post
    Well maybe it is running the same software but don't you want I mean really want the latest and greatest looking Iphone
    Of course. You know me. Or us...but it´s good to know it´s possible. My daughter, for instance will not use the i4. She prefers her 3Gs (obviously doesn´t take the trait from her father, lol). But her OS is up to date.

Quote Originally Posted by delfim View Post
    Of course. You know me. Or us...but it´s good to know it´s possible. My daughter, for instance will not use the i4. She prefers her 3Gs (obviously doesn´t take the trait from her father, lol). But her OS is up to date.
    Exactly. New features come along, more efficient, etc.
    How many current iPhone users are chomping at the bit to get iOS 5? Not all will buy the newest iPhone.
    Same goes for android. There are tmo users waiting for gingerbread.

OS upgrades are important. To be excluded on a new device is just dumb.

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    You know Jay. RIM just keeps shooting it´s own feet. (Portuguese Proverb)
    How can they go forward with stupidity like this ?

Capdot no está en línea Stack level 5
    Jeff +1

RIM can't afford to be silent till next year or whenever QNX starts hitting the shelves. They need to show some sort of progress, and I'm impressed with the new phones, but what I'm expecting from them next year is not an OS that's going to compete with iOS5 or Androids Ice cream but with iOS6 and whatever Google has planned also.

I had the chance to play with my brothers Playbook and I really liked it. I'm not a tablet type guy, but I really liked the idea of QNX, although there was some bugs and issues here and there I imagined it would play nice on a phone with RIM having another year to iron it out.

If RIM sells a lot of these phones and creates something really nice with QNX, Blackberry addicts won't hesitate to upgrade. How many of you stick with one phone for 2 years. I certaintly don't.

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    Epic fail of the decade. Thanks for selling us your garbage RIM wrapped in a new housing with yet the same garbageous (if that's even a word) OS in a new shiny bigger screen with a stupid trackpad. Go back to smartphones 101

Starting to wonder if its a case of the left CEO not knowing what the right CEO is doing.

Honestly, it almost seems like they're trying to tank. I'm not a smart man, but I do know what the market wants.

Raise your hand if you'd like a comfortable cross between iOS, android, OS7 with bb legendary email, bb battery life, keyboard for those that want it, AND have its developers LISTEN.

Cool, noe put your hands down, and listen to the sounds of crickets.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast