+ Reply to Thread

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...ian-Smartphone... Smartphone News forum

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!

Article: Nokia N8 Symbian Smartphone

Advertisement

Excellent presentation! This looks like a great device, but I haven't looked at Symbian^3 close enough yet to come up with a concusion - but I've always liked Symbian anyway, so I'll probably like ^3. I like the fact that even though Nokia is already dominant in sales in the field of mobile phones as a whole, they are still introducing models that make us drool, and handsets like this that may be able to match up to iPhone/Android devices . . .

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    For the brief (2 Hours) I had it in my hand I was impressed. The image quality is superb. I took a look at the Documents Applications (Access to Microsoft Docs _ Word, PP, Xcel) and PDF, and the rendering of the documents re really good. I didn´t want to go into detail on this subject since it would take another page...and also, the smartphone is really DEDICATED to the multimedia in all of us... hence the absence of a physical keyboard which is the real back breaker for this (in Nokia´s own words) portable mini computer. The Symbian 3 is definitely an uppity improvement on the previous Symbian software, although I´m not impressed by Nokia´s attempt at emulating the Android Widget UI. I think they should have taken it a step further.
    Another aspect which hasn´t been corrected is the First Name, Middle Name and Surname sync - if you have, for instance, many John´s in your address book, like I do, or Mary, after sync thats what what you get....many John´s and Mary´s and no way to distinguish between them.
    Other than that it´s going to be a top seller. Well finished, good looking and all the features to make it a fun phone.
    The price here in Europe starts at about 560,00 Euros (unlocked). Fair for what it offers ! The problem with this is, as Nokia always is prone to, is that the price will drop within a month or two. And for this reason it will have little re-sale value in a few months. That´s what they can´t copy from the Blackberry and iPhone.
    Pity !

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Very good info, Del. This looks like a great phone! The thing that stands out that's missing (just like on my Incredible) is a real keyboard. I miss that most if all. It's doubled my typing time at the very least, and I'm being kind in that estimate. Otherwise, it looks really nice. I hope it helps Nokia in the competition - I always liked Nokia.

+ Reply to Thread