+ Reply to Thread

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...-While-Driving... Smartphone News forum

Article: New T-Mobile App Blocks Texts While Driving

Advertisement

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    At last ! But to charge I think, is immoral, in this case... They could use this service to lure in more clients. But some other provider is going to offer something similar for free. They must ! It saves lives...
    Last edited by Delfim; 01-20-2011 at 06:27 PM.

grymtyrant@msn. no está en línea Stack level 3
    $4.99!? Come on!? Smart idea. Poorly executed.

PapaMag no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Nadda
    I can't believe it, 4.99 a month, I can't even see 4.99 period, but a month give me a hugh freakin break, I believe I have the will power to not text and save me some cash. Nice try tmo

Capdot no está en línea Stack level 5
    4.99 a month!?

lol

T-mobile safety fail.

PIN/ID
    Nadda
    I guess if you weigh it against the life of your teen or someone losing their life, it would be cheap, but like you said they'll just come out with a app to stop this one from working

Samsung Galaxy S4
    Asus Nexus 7
    Nook Color

Capdot no está en línea Stack level 5
    Well, maybe these carriers could turn this app into Bloatware, and give the parents an option if they want it on their teenagers phone.
    Last edited by Capdot; 01-20-2011 at 09:52 PM.

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    There are all sorts of other options out there, on APP World, not to mention systems that can monitor your dirving which all cost lest than 4.99 a month! Of course there is that other thing called will power (don't answer the phone or text by leaving the phone alone while driving).

RemyKirin no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask me
    Its a smart idea for tmo to charge for it. They developed the software, they paid to have it made, so they shoudld get paid for it, and as stated if you don't want this particular version of vehicle safety, there are tons more out there coming out constantly. Saying its immoral is pretty messed up, by that logic doctors that charge would be immoral too. Just because it potentially saves lives doesn't mean it should be free. You pay for cars that have extra safety features whether u realize it or not. Its the same principle, and for over-protective parents im sure they'd be willing to pay even more. And dont even get me started on the whole parents not properly conveying to their teens the dangers of distracted driving, and instead relying on someone else to prevent it.

PIN/ID
    Nadda
    I have to agree with most of what you say but, not a monthly fee that's crossing the line, a one time fee maybe. If they are really concerned about saving lives they need to reconsider. As for teenagers and parental management when it comes to driving I am amazed at what I read and see on a daily basis. I had to way a year because I had 3 oler siblings and my dad just said you will never get a chance to drive anyway. We drove everyday for 6 weeks along with class time, in the canyons, highway, traffic, you name it.

My kids drove once on the freeway, once up the canyon, and in traffic a few times, the rest was on their little painted training course at the school. Then to top it off they get their license and the parents flip them the keys to their own car and send them out onto the roads. We at least made our kids drive us to the grocery store or wherever else we were going for awhile before they could go on their own.

Come on parents don't rely on a phone app to save your children and others lives on our highways

Samsung Galaxy S4
    Asus Nexus 7
    Nook Color

+ Reply to Thread