+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...ndroid´s-Law-!... Smartphone News forum

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!

Article: Your new smartphone is already a dinosaur ! Android´s Law !

Advertisement

smooth10 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    21CB9337
    Technology as a whole is facing this. Laptop computers are a bit slower at becoming outdated but nonetheless, technology is moving faster than the average person makes money to buy the products.

ShellyMiddleton no está en línea Stack level 2
    As an end-user who likes gadgets, all I have to say is WHOOPEEEE!!!! :-D

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Just to think I did 2 reviews yesterday on HTC models which are already prehistoric...
    I have to pull my socks up and review the new ones before they get announced... that's gonna be challenging. Lots of guess work.
    Apple is right - its better to talk RUMOURS !

rdills no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    Great read as usual Del!
    "Android's Law" has given us the freedom we deserve for our money. Now when you're due for an upgrade, you can expect to get a device that's truly much more powerful than your current model. And it also keeps companies like Apple from blatantly ripping people off like they did with the iPhone 1, 2, & 3. Gone are the days of just adding 3g service, or camera flash, and calling it an upgrade. Apple must now try to innovate with each release just to keep up. Just watch, the iPhone 5 will be a drastic leap from the iPhone 4. RIM got away with playing the rip off game as well. No more! Now they better come with the goods or crash and burn.

As far as feeling your device is outdated, its all illusion. Don't buy into it. My Droid X is going on a year old. It has a powerful 1ghz processor, great 8mp camera, and an insane amount of memory. Nothing released will change these facts. I'm totally satisfied with it and have no urges to jump on the latest and greatest. But when its finally time to upgrade, I'll have unlimited choices thanks to Android's law! It has changed the game. Yes its bad for greedy companies that wants to throw us a bone once a year and call it an upgrade. But great for consumers like us!

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Yes, rdills, I agree with you. It must be frustrating for all "set" manufacturers (RIM, Apple, Nokia - Symbian and the "mistake" of Win 7, amongst others...) to keep up with an open OS.
    But I also feel frustrated, and regarding the 2 HTC which I reviewed, that I cannot upgrade to Honeycomb. But worst of all, here in Europe, the upgrades you talk about are not so easily available. The ones that are, carry a ball and chain that is prohibitive.
    Nevertheless, it´s become very evident to me (after so man years as a BB compulsive user and then, for a shorter period, with iOS) that Android is a real progressive and growing platform, an endless format...
    I saw today the Nexus (launched just this week by Vodafone). It´s a charmer as well, and Honeycomb...I was tempted, but the price to pay is too high. Over 550US$. See what I mean.
    I better emigrate to the US...

ventz no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    N/A
    What bothers me is that contracts are still 2 years given this. I think the article said it best -- 6-7 months. That mean, realistically, a contract should be 1 year *at most*.

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    ^^^ the service providers will milk us till the last drop. But things will also change soon.

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    better hurry king del!

LOL! fuel going up- i bet plane tickets do too!

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Talk about fuel !
    You guys in the US complain. You Should come over - we´re paying close to 2,00US$ for a liter... thats 7,60US$ per gallon...no joke here.

RemyKirin no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask me
    Quote Originally Posted by ventz View Post
    What bothers me is that contracts are still 2 years given this. I think the article said it best -- 6-7 months. That mean, realistically, a contract should be 1 year *at most*.
    with the cost of the phone and the ability to give it at a super cheap "upgrade price" they have to have the 2 year to cover the cost. they may not pay as much as us but it still a good amount. This is also why back in the day they had a a 1 year upgrade price that was a good deal higher than the 2 year. I doubt we will see a 1 year contract again, unless people fancy the idea of paying 250-350 on a 1 year or so for a smartphone on contract vs 50-150 for a 2 year
    ----
    "If you aren't remembered, then you never existed." – Arisu

"I'm watching a dream I'll never wake up from.." - Spike Spiegel

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    And people bitch and moan about Apple's annual upgrade...sheesh! Someone once told me too many hands in the cookie jar is not a good thing they all want a piece of the action. That's the problem with these so many manufacturers coming out with all these Android based phones...Samsung, Motorola, HTC, LG, etc, etc....One releases 2.1 the other 2.2 the other 3.0 only two months apart and then can't even upgrade to the new version. RIM has the same issue and people finally caught on and moved onto other devices but sadly it too has caught up to Android, inevitable? I don't think so, it's greed more than anything. Saturation is good someone told me once but to an extent. People who've purchased these devices will definitely realize this and look elsewhere. I had food that lasted more than these devices on my shelves I think.

RemyKirin no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask me
    Yea that sux just like apple releasing a new verion of the ipad a few months later but apple doesnt have a greed problem either right?
    ----
    "If you aren't remembered, then you never existed." – Arisu

"I'm watching a dream I'll never wake up from.." - Spike Spiegel

PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    ^^umm... at least they make their new releases with new hardware upgrades not just OS like Android and force their customers to buy a whole new unit just for the OS...so yeah...greed. My sister's Evo 4 and my friend's droid x2 can't even handle the new OS when even the first iphone can handle the latest iOS release with no hardware upgrade needed...so yeah....
    What's the matter? CIA's got you pushing too many pencils?

PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    And I'm talking phones not pads...why buy a pad when you can do everything on a computer, mac , linux etc? Anywho...life goes on..
    What's the matter? CIA's got you pushing too many pencils?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast