+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Originally Posted by pdxmatts Do you have to pay right then if you preorder? Yes, ... Smartphone News forum

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by pdxmatts View Post
    Do you have to pay right then if you preorder?
    Yes, you have to pay at the time of pre order. Then on the launch day you simply walk in past the lines of people trying to buy and pick it up. Last year the Store near me had a long line for those just wanting to buy that day but others who reordered walked right in b/c there was no wait.

PIN/ID
    Apple
    That is robbery!!!! 1000 Euros for a Phone! Crazy man. You want one del just send me a PM and I'll get one to you. I'll have to check the schedule and call my buddy at Yoshimura but i think they are going to France in a month so i might can get out of shipping you would just have to go to Magny-Cours.

PIN/ID
    Retired
    I'm starting to think I may actually enjoy the new design more than all the new features. I'm used to the UI so being able to do more will be nice but I don't think it will that big of an impression. The new shape/size and thinner overall foot print may impact me more.
    I still can't imagine how being thinner will effect how it's used or held when in use.

The other things I think will impact me more along with others will be the new screen resolution and battery life. I can easily go 12 hours before needing to charge so a better battery may prove to be a big impact.

Considering the fact the common complaint coming out about the new Andriod devices is the short battery life. For some it's ok but for others it can be a deal breaker. The Evo is one example. Awesome device but can't go 4 hours without a charge or battery swap.

The improved battery may be a hidden gem? Who knows for sure.

Posted via iPad.

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    ^^SRL your descriptions are driving me nuts...! Ease off bud, before I get on a plane and fly over ! Probbbly cheaper than bying one here... Meet you at Newark? IPhone (unlocked)in your hand ? Cash in mine !
    BHP you nut ! If push comes to shove I'll meet you in Portimao for the GP...! I remember you saying something about this, or was it MotoUp ?
    Last edited by Delfim; 06-13-2010 at 01:03 PM.

Capdot no está en línea Stack level 5
    You my friend will be proper F***** with the $325 ETF

My beyotch is in mint condition.
    To reiterate SRL's input reserve your muthafuc**** iPhone 4 bitc**es!!!!!

Mr Neruda would surely be embarrased to read his name with your posts.

I know I am.

PIN/ID
    Retired
    Sorry man, for some reason this one just seems to strike me different than the previous models. I have the original 2G still new in the Box and only take it out to charge the battery about every 3-4 months and the 3G and 3GS were still so similar to each other it did not feel much different other than maybe a little smoother and slightly faster with the 3GS.

This new design has me a little bit. The UI is so polished already, I can't imagine to many things within the UI that will wow me. Yeah sure they will be nice and maybe even awesome to use but I know what to expect.

The new Design tho is something else. I'm guessing a squared off iPod Touch. The iPod Touch is thin compared to the current iPhone.

Capdot no está en línea Stack level 5
    Folders are going to be welcomed.

I can't count how many times I picked up someones ipod touch or iphone and witnessed the countless pages of apps, and thought to myself; 12 pages of apps has to be kind of a pain to scroll through. Unless you memorize where every app is.

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Yeah SRL - got me going too despite my affinity to the BB. The design, the UI, and from the OS the ability of multitasking has got me very excited...the price here though, is gonna be a no-no ! I will have to sell my 3GS and my missus's one as well to see if I can afford a new one...I'm working on it !

PIN/ID
    Retired
    I'm going to do the same. I will sell two 3GS's and one 3G. It helps reduce the damage. Besides after getting a new one there is now way I would want to return to the old one anyway.

The only reason I keep the 2G around is b/c is was the first and someday it will bring a large penny as do all first for Apple. Besides the aluminum case is just kewl

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    You're righ capdot. I should quote snoop dogg or 50 cent
    What's the matter? CIA's got you pushing too many pencils?

smooth10 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    21CB9337
    I need this device. I think Apple has improved on so many things and I'm surprised in that. I think this leaves devices like BlackBerry in the dust...

Sorry to both my BlackBerry devices but your days are numbered... Maybe I'll keep one of them...?

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    Blackberries were over for me when they began releasing these so called upgraded models with the same os and same old browser and their tiny screens when big screens are now a standard on today's demands. I hope the best for rim but right now it's android and apple's iPhone to shine. My sisters gonna get the Evo but I told her what's the point of having a 4g phone when you can't even make phone calls from your house? I on the other hand have 3G all over NJ,NY, and even in the boonies in PA. I already put my baby up for sale on craigslist. I'll probably post it here tomorrow to keep my options open . Like many have stated this installment does blow the rest of the phones outta the water making blackberries seem like those old style flip phones everyone is now embarrassed to use. 6.0 won't make it any better either. Another bold with the same old browser probably lol
    What's the matter? CIA's got you pushing too many pencils?

beeshabo no está en línea Stack level 6
    Quote Originally Posted by srl7741 View Post
    Yes, you have to pay at the time of pre order. Then on the launch day you simply walk in past the lines of people trying to buy and pick it up. Last year the Store near me had a long line for those just wanting to buy that day but others who reordered walked right in b/c there was no wait.
    Srl - Has it changed from last year?? Because last year, pre-"order" meant you paid for it online, and it would be shipped to your door on the day of launch........? and if you "reserved" one at an Apple store, it was still first come first served but you had much more of a chance of getting one before those who didn't reserve one. That's what I did last year for the 3GS and it worked out GREAT for me.

Didn't know you could pay and pick it up. I'll do that but I'm still under the impression that you can't =/

PIN/ID
    Retired
    Allow me to update my original thoughts, beeshabo is right. I just went and visited with my local AT$T Store to clarify things more. If you pre-order tomorrow at the AT$T Store your credit card or debit card will be pre-authorized and not charged till delivery day. The pre-orders taken will be shipped to your home for delivery on the 24th most likely in the Afternoon unless your lucky and on your routes morning schedule. Activation is done by you via iTunes.

I'm not exactly sure if the same is true when ordering from an Apple Store but I'm guessing it is. Hope that helps a little bit more. thx beesabo for asking. I happen to be passing bye the Store after receiving the post notice and reading it made me wonder also.

beeshabo no está en línea Stack level 6
    ^^ Well, I'm glad we're all clear now thanks dude! I'm just gonna reserve mine and I'll be there early in the a.m. to pick it up, I work about 10 minutes from the Apple store...it should work out perfectly for me, just like last year.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. 06-07-2010, 03:10 PM