+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Probably also kind of, sort of, good to remember, just because a phone has an ... Smartphone News forum

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired

Advertisement

Probably also kind of, sort of, good to remember, just because a phone has an 8MP camera or video camera does not mean the software used with it is optimized correctly to use it to it's fullest capabilities. Lenses are important as are flash but the software is also just as important.

I can take better pictures with my 10MP Canon vs my other Kodak 12 MP camera. My point is there are several factors involved and just have a trillion mega pixel camera does not make it great.

Anyway, the reason I came back to this post was this.

I stopped into the AT&T Store again today to check on iPhone Stuff and plans. If you purchased an iPhone before jan 1 2010 then you can get the subsidized price of a new iphone ($199 & $299). They are waving a lot of time making as many as they can eligible. You can also keep your exsisting plan in place if you wish, so your current unlimited plan will still apply. (Good news)

The new plans will apply to any new customers who wish to switch to AT&T and buy the new iPhone 4. So it appears AT&T is trying to do the right thing and keep current customers. I thought this was good news.

On Tuesday the 15th you can pre-order a new phone (1 phone per line) and then on release day it's held for you and you can just walk in and pick it up without waiting in line. I have 3 lines on my Family plan so I could buy 3 new iPhones with the subsidized price as an example.

Hope that helps anyone who is wondering how things may work.

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    Well then in that case I guess I'll be selling my 3GS as of the end of June . Btw mine is unlockable and jailbroken . I'll probably sell it on craigslist but I'll be waiting for the buyer with a gun and three machetes and two of my big musclehead friends with the stories of how people are getting jacked in other words killed on sales thru craigslist. And on the subject about the whole AT&T thing and it's new plans this is a slap on the wrist of those new customers who decide to sign up on a contract and two months down the road they decide to close the account. It's a nice deterrance. The rep explained this to me very thoroughly. The ETF is now for bbs and iPhones basicaly any smartphone within AT&T is now $325. If you decide to close your account within the 30day grace you can avoid the ETF. Now, in the past the regular ETF was $175 and as the months went on in your contract the ETF would drop $5 on a monthly basis now with the changes in the data plans and all those charges are targeted to those new customers who'd sign up as of June 7th at $325 as stated earlier. Now for the new ETF the charges drop on a monthly basis at a higher rate at $10 on a monthly basis until the end of your contract. Hope this helps . Oh yeah and if you wanna close the account after the 30 days well how can I put it nicely for you. You my friend will be proper F***** with the $325 ETF lol
    Last edited by raton; 06-08-2010 at 02:25 PM.
    What's the matter? CIA's got you pushing too many pencils?

beeshabo no está en línea Stack level 6
    iPhone 4, WILL BE MINE!!

PIN/ID
    Retired
    A few ways to check on your upgrade options:

Open up the phone app, dial *639#, hit the call button
    Wait a few minutes, you’ll receive a text from AT&T telling you whether or not you’re good to upgrade.

or

Go to this page on AT&T’s customer support center, Log in.
    On the right side, there’s a link in the “Quick Links” section which reads “Check Upgrade Options”, click that

May the Force be with you.
    Last edited by srl7741; 06-08-2010 at 06:18 PM.

PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    As a valued customer, we can offer you an upgrade with a new 2-yr commitment and an $18 upgrade fee. Yay!

PIN/ID
    Retired
    ^^Good news

Ive been revisiting some of the new features in iOS4 and the Unified inBox and threaded messages will also be pretty sweet. I've always liked that about Gmail.

beeshabo no está en línea Stack level 6
    raton - I'm with you buddy!!! I get the same message, a coworker has a 3GS, and hers says she's available for an upgrade on 3-15-11, So....I'M GOOD!! yeah boi.

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    To people who close their new acct after 30 days, your going to end up paying full price anyway with a 10% restocking fee, subsidized price and ETF. You might as well buy it outright. Just sayin

Looks like there's going to be a lot 3GS's for sale soon.

PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    ^^ Damn straight!!!! I'm gonna post my iPhone 3GS for sale in a couple of weeks. My beyotch is in mint condition. Now, my concern is since the the shape and design has evolved I wonder if my accessories will be compatible with the new one . I guess i'm gonna have to talk to my boi from bestbuy to get me some accessories with his employee discount .

PIN/ID
    Retired
    ***Bump Reminder***: Tuesday is the pre-order day. For those wanting to land the next leader in the mobile design industry and the device others are chasing to beat in customer satisfaction

PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    To reiterate SRL's input reserve your muthafuc**** iPhone 4 bitc**es!!!!!

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    ^^^^ Okay, okay already. You convinced me. I have to wait till Aug 17 though for my next upgrade. Im going to keep my 9700 "just in case" though.
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

Do you have to pay right then if you preorder?

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Here the prices are astonishing to say the least !!! Vodafone will only sell you the damn phone with a new subscription. No upgrades. And price tag around 600 Euros to 700 Euros depending if it's the 16Gb or the 32Gb. SIM lock free the iPhone 4 will hit close to a 1000 Euros.This is daylight robbery in Europe !
    I'm gonna emigrate to the US...that's it!
    Or maybe Glenn, John, Pdx, Roger, Bass or Raton or anyone will get me one there cheap ! I'll send the cash...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. 06-07-2010, 03:10 PM