+ Reply to Thread

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...ssage-by-Apple... Smartphone News forum

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!

Article: The new iMessage by Apple: It repeats BBM ´s great mistake !

Advertisement

PIN/ID
    Apple
    iOS is still growing and has near 1/2 of all mobile users. It allows seamless syncing with all your iOS devices. Considering that the 4 of my friends are on android right now are sick of the issues associated with it, are switching to iPhones. I'd say apple is OK.

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    Del, that would probably be true, or even relevant if that's the only thing iOS5 had to offer. From what I've read today, I'm liking the improvements enough to sell my i4 and get an i5 when it's released. This is on top of whatever hardware improvements and tweaks have been made.

I gotta add a +1 to BHP77's comment - one main difference is that iOS has one zillion subscribers that will use iMessage, while RIM is down to less than ten people. I'm a BlackBerry diehard (I think my new 9780 is the best smartphone on planet earth) but still don't see the point of BBM - but I can see how it would be effective on a much larger user base. Additionally, whether they will admit it or not, BBs are still business devices and generally won't attract the instant messaging crowd, whereas iPhones are very social devices and something like iMessage will fit very well with that demographic.

Another thing to think about is marketing. If iMessage is exclusive to iOS, and it becomes very popular, then Apple sells more iPhones as people want to jump aboard. Or, at least, that's what they hope!.

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Quote Originally Posted by chokem View Post
    Del, that would probably be true, or even relevant if that's the only thing iOS5 had to offer. From what I've read today, I'm liking the improvements enough to sell my i4 and get an i5 when it's released. This is on top of whatever hardware improvements and tweaks have been made.
    My article targets, essentially iMessage.
    All the other improvements to iOS are welcome, albeit late.
    You know Android users are used to them...They're old hat for us.
    And as for issues with Android, BHP ? Not many really. Complaints are usual, discontentment, always, like with any OS. Malfunction and inoperativeness is rare and individual. And it gets better with every upgrade... Better in the sense of NEW and innovative apps, utilities etc. Android, being an open UI is productive. No need to brag about it.
    And remember guys I have them both...and enjoy all their positive things.
    Right now, my interest is somewhere else:

It arrived today. Name: Bumblebee aka BB, get it ?
    Last edited by Delfim; 06-07-2011 at 09:08 AM.

lak611 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    no more
    I'll see what happens next year, but I'm leaning toward Android if I change platforms. I hate the micromanaged control Apple has over iAnything. As a fan of Linux, Android, and its open source, would be a logical choice.

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    ^^^ and that is the great virtue !

smooth10 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    21CB9337
    I think, if anything else, it was a way to shut some BlackBerry users up about iPhones not having a built-in messenger app that is exclusive to the Apple devices.
    All great ideas will be "copied" or emulated with the majority of devices. Once software is introduced with favourable results, other companies will jump on the wagon rather than have too much pride to not copy; leading to users leaving for competitors.

PIN/ID
    Apple
    Quote Originally Posted by delfim View Post
    ^^^ and that is the great virtue !
    Thats laughable.

It's so funny that people will live with a half assed OS just to not use a apple device.

PIN/ID
    no more
    Quote Originally Posted by BHP77 View Post
    Thats laughable.

It's so funny that people will live with a half assed OS just to not use a apple device.
    What is so bad about not wanting freedom from Steve Jobs' preferences?

I do not see how Android could be considered "half assed".

I have no use for iTunes either. I do not use iTunes, nor do I ever wish to use it.
    Laura

Follow me on Twitter @lak611

PIN/ID
    no more
    Quote Originally Posted by delfim View Post
    My article targets, essentially iMessage.
    All the other improvements to iOS are welcome, albeit late.
    You know Android users are used to them...They're old hat for us.
    And as for issues with Android, BHP ? Not many really. Complaints are usual, discontentment, always, like with any OS. Malfunction and inoperativeness is rare and individual. And it gets better with every upgrade... Better in the sense of NEW and innovative apps, utilities etc. Android, being an open UI is productive. No need to brag about it.
    And remember guys I have them both...and enjoy all their positive things.
    Right now, my interest is somewhere else:

It arrived today. Name: Bumblebee aka BB, get it ?
    Aww, what an adorable pup!
    Laura

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    An adorable pup Del..... I forsee chewed phones, lots of cleaning and lots of long walks

Good luck, I speak from experience

On the Imessage front I think its good for the IOS folks, I love BBM but would like cross platform capability

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Quote Originally Posted by dushdavj View Post
    An adorable pup Del..... I forsee chewed phones, lots of cleaning and lots of long walks

Good luck, I speak from experience

On the Imessage front I think its good for the IOS folks, I love BBM but would like cross platform capability
    Actually I'm looking forward for the walks Bumblebee will take ME for...

Regarding iMessenger, I was expectant that Apple would have taken this opportunity to go cross platform. I'm sad Apple didn't.

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Thats laughable.

Half of whatever is with what we mostly live and share...that's life.

I may not be an expert, but unlike others, I am fortunate to have Android, iOS, Windows, BB, Symbian and other systems which I own and can relate to.

Unlike others as well, I don't need to resort to rudeness to formulate an opinion.

PIN/ID
    no more
    Thats laughable.

It also makes sense for me to wait until next year to upgrade. I am staying with AT&T, since I have a FAN discount. AT&T is also rolling out LTE starting this year. I would rather wait and see if I get LTE by next year, and what new devices are available that will use the LTE network. I cannot just buy the latest and greatest device at full retail price. So it makes sense for me to keep my upgrade until next year, rather than upgrade now and be stuck with a device that is not capable of the latest technology for another 2 years.
    Laura

+ Reply to Thread