+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree3Likes

I switched back in 07 for numerous reasons, I was so tired of fighting technology ... Smartphone News forum

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired

Advertisement

I switched back in 07 for numerous reasons, I was so tired of fighting technology every single time I just wanted to do the smallest amount of work or had a few moments to have a little fun. (which is probably my last reason for switching)

All my desktops I had made up to this point and had a Dell Laptop. you can build an awesome PC with great specs pretty cheap. I simply became so tired of chasing my tail in a circle to no where and getting nothing done but maintenance. I spent 90% on upkeep and maybe 10% on what a PC is designed to do.

I stood up one day after being so pissed with software, cords, parts and chios and went to the Apple store and purchased a 24 inch iMac.

I actually had not made up my mind even while in the Apple store and spent about an hour just using the iMac in the way I would at home.

That is when I thought I had to be one of the dumbest people in the world, I turned white, felt sick to my stomach and said I want this one.

I left with weak knees and was very nervous even after getting back home. After using the iMac for about a month I went back and purchased my first 17 inch MBP. I simply could not believe the difference in the user experience and had found the user experience I needed at that point in my world.

I'm going to disagree with the cost argument, I do agree they cost more to get out the door but not over the life of the product. How much is Office 2011 for a PC? How much is Office for Mac? How much is Windows? How much is Lion?

When I sit down to use a computer I wanted to see gorgeous and easy to use and I don't want to feel stupid because I can't figure out how to do something that should be simple.
    Last edited by srl7741; 01-09-2012 at 12:14 PM.

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    ^^^quite a testimonial.

I'm with you in all your reasoning. Around about the same time I did attempt the "switch" to a friendly, seamless system.

But due to professional needs, I shied away. PC dominated environments...etc

Now that I haven't got any constrictions, restrictions or any other ...tions, I haven't got the cash. Mind you I have the iPad, the i4S. All I need is the MacBook. Whatever form...

Ummmm...gonna do a feasibility study.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Does Apple have such a thing as a business account? I have one through Dell, and I know other PC manufacturers have them, but does Apple? Haven't found anything online.

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by RogerG View Post
    Does Apple have such a thing as a business account? I have one through Dell, and I know other PC manufacturers have them, but does Apple? Haven't found anything online.
    Try these two links:
    http://www.apple.com/business/mac/
    http://www.apple.com/financing/leases/commercial/

I also purchased the original iPhone and went back to my Bold after not being satisfied with the overall experience. It original iPhone lasted about a month. There were no Apps and I wanted Apps but not Apps i did not use or need. The Bold kept me happy till the App store opened.

The original iPhone was great but still weak. Looking back now it's even weaker but that does not matter now. It's what started the ball rolling to where we are today. Apps are very important to the smartphone. I'm against Branding and Carrier control so I really had no choice but to jump back when the 3G and GS came out.

I wanted to do my part in sending a message to Big V and others I did not approve. It does not take anyone long to figure out a menu driven OS does not cut the mustard. Touch screens are hard if not impossible to compete with.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123