+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Of course you do, riddles I expected as much! One thing I do miss is ... Smartphone News forum

aferm no está en línea Stack level 2

Advertisement

Of course you do, riddles I expected as much! One thing I do miss is having my calendar and and other information on my lock screen with the iPhone, but when the time comes, I can always jailbreak it like my old iPhone. All kidding aside, I just came across this today, and wanted to share the comparisons so that folks can look at both phones and decide which one suits their needs best. Not everyone needs to run 20 apps at the same time... That is TRULY multitasking at it's best!

Just out of curiosity, I also had 21 apps open at the same time on my iphone, and was able to flawlessly switch between them. I do agree that widgets would have been great, and like i said, for me the biggest flaw is that the lock screen shows no useful information like all the other phones are able to, but hopefully apple will address this, or I can just jailbreak it and install something that does, like intelliscreen, which was the main reason I jailbroke my other iPhone. And I just noticed I spelled your name wrong in my previous post. My apologies. No disrespect intended

DjSmooth no está en línea Stack Professional
    Quote Originally Posted by aferm View Post
    We can get along, the IPhone is a nice phone full of features and that Retina display is fantastic but for me its just to dainty, one of my Drivers is an IPhone Fanboy so as soon as he got his of course it was all up in my face: "why you want to get a Droid X and it don't even have a front facing camera...Blah Blah Blah" so I asked him to "FaceTime" somebody - oh I don't know anyone with the new IPhone yet."Well thats all good but even than unless you're near WiFi its useless" his remark "I Don't Care" Ooh Wee! so you know my next move was to show him the Phone Mart Anime "I Need the IPhone 4/I Don't Care" Classic. But we're still cool, the IPhone4 and the Droid X is on two completely different levels.

I'm 5'11, 285 lbs, size 13-14 shoes, baseball glove hands, the IPhone4 feels like the BB Curve, so for me even if I could get by Mr. Jobs (Dictator like Character) and AT&T (Terrible Service and Control Freakness) issues that phone is just to Dainty, but for some its a perfect fit, not me though.
    Last edited by DjSmooth; 07-03-2010 at 01:20 AM.

rdills no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    Just out of curiosity, I also had 21 apps open at the same time on my iphone, and was able to flawlessly switch between them. I do agree that widgets would have been great, and like i said, for me the biggest flaw is that the lock screen shows no useful information like all the other phones are able to, but hopefully apple will address this, or I can just jailbreak it and install something that does, like intelliscreen, which was the main reason I jailbroke my other iPhone. And I just noticed I spelled your name wrong in my previous post. My apologies. No disrespect intended
    No problem my friend. No offence taken.
    You can't learn anything if you're talking!

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    SanDisk's elusive 32GB microSDHC card on sale tomorrow at Verizon: $100 with a Droid X, $150 without http://bit.ly/9woMr5

Check out the Droid X "See you tomorrow" trailer

http://i.engadget.com/2010/07/14/mot...trailer-video/

Just a note: The 32 gb card is a class 2 which some complain is slow.

PIN/ID
    Huh?
    Played with the Droid X for an hour yesterday and it was just fantastic! Its so fast and seamless. Its was an absolute pleasure to use. It doesn't feel too big at all! It was just the right size for me. I was going to hold off because of the locked boot-loader business, and call me crazy, but this device DOES NOT need any custom ROMs. The skin on the Droid X is stunning! Lots of graphical effects you just can't see on the videos.

Everyone should stop in their nearest Verizon store and experience the best implementation of Android to date! I'm going to get this phone fully knowing it might never have custom ROMs. Its just that good!
    You can't learn anything if you're talking!

Looks like all isn't golden in the land of Droid X.... LOL!!!!!

http://gizmodo.com/5587225/motorola-droid-x-review

I seriously don't think it's as bad as they paint it.... Any android users here have a chance to test this out? Are these points valid?

PIN/ID
    Huh?
    That's not a review. It's a joke.

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    No front face camera. Meh!
    What's the matter? CIA's got you pushing too many pencils?

Quote Originally Posted by raton View Post
    No front face camera. Meh!
    Thanks a Joke, U guys can't even use it when you're walking or driving unless you have a portable wireless router... (my bad, that's the Droid and Droid X that are portable Hotspots) and beside do you really want to see everyone you talk to. I know I don't, that Front facing camera gonna mess up somebody's PIMP Game up... , once it really take off you are gonna here all types of Crazy stories...

Looks like all isn't golden in the land of Droid X.... LOL!!!!!

http://gizmodo.com/5587225/motorola-droid-x-review

I seriously don't think it's as bad as they paint it.... Any android users here have a chance to test this out? Are these points valid?

"HA! GIZMODO The Jerry Springer of the Tech industry" - I myself don't put to much stock in their reviews of lately, I haven't got mine yet but 99.99 % of the Reviewers can't be that off...

Well, here's another review, and is fairly complimentary of the Droid X. Just pointing out that opinions are like ***holes... we all know one, so if the phone works for you, deficiencies and all, then buy it... Tech reviewers are like Movie critics in my opinion....I think the Samsung will give this phone real competition for the android super phone fan base, and if the specs on it are even close to what is being said, I may even get one and ditch my iPhone and yes, I CAN use my phone whilst walking and driving, and never have a problem. Go figure....

http://www.engadget.com/2010/07/01/m...roid-x-review/

Ok, but I was actually referring to the statement about the Droid X having no Front Facing camera, I should hope you can use your phone while walking and driving, but at present the Facetime is only via WiFi ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast