+ Reply to Thread

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...ablet-Software... Smartphone News forum

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!

Article: Microsoft Bans Flash From Windows 8 Tablet Software

Advertisement

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    I guess Windows is trying to follow Apple on their flashless crusade

smooth10 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    21CB9337
    Quote Originally Posted by raton View Post
    I guess Windows is trying to follow Apple on their flashless crusade
    I don't know why every company doesn't follow Apple (half-hearted jokingly). But I'm shocked. Usually that is the first argument other tablets hold against the iPad's

PIN/ID
    Apple
    It's all a performance issue. If you look at Flash and the major, yes major issues it has on PCs why would you think it would be any better on a mobile platform that's has a sixteenth of the computing power.

Anyone who has used flash on a mobile device knows this. It works, but only sometimes and when it does it has such drawbacks to the overall system and user experian e it's just not worth it.

Apple didn't disregard flash because it hates adobe, it did it to protect the user experiance it holds high.

Microsoft not wanting to use flash on W8 is a huge blow, a greater one than Apple it using it and being so vocal about the ongoing(to this day) issues it has with performance and security.

PIN/ID
    21CB9337
    There's a lot of discussion about the problems with Flash. That's been Apple's stance on it from day one. I'm not going to sit here and pretend I've experienced these problems myself but now I'm starting to think there's something to it. All I know for sure is that it kills battery life. That's probably why the iPad has such good battery life.
    What about the Android devices? How is the battery life on them?

PIN/ID
    Apple
    Quote Originally Posted by smooth10 View Post
    There's a lot of discussion about the problems with Flash. That's been Apple's stance on it from day one. I'm not going to sit here and pretend I've experienced these problems myself but now I'm starting to think there's something to it. All I know for sure is that it kills battery life. That's probably why the iPad has such good battery life.
    What about the Android devices? How is the battery life on them?
    There's no such thing as good battery life on a android unless you jump through a thousands hoops trying to find the perfect ROM while getting all the settings just right, killing things running or buying a obnoxious extended battery that doubles the size of your device. That's Android. Adding Flash isn't helping.

PIN/ID
    21CB9337
    Darn BHP77, you tell it like it is. Hahaha what a great, succinct review!

Villordsutch no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2A2F75F4
    Flash must have really really upset someone.

+ Reply to Thread