+ Reply to Thread

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...the-Linux-fork... Smartphone News forum

lak611 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    no more

Article: Linus Torvalds on Android, the Linux fork

Advertisement

Laura

Follow me on Twitter @lak611

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Great read this Laura. Very interesting... Thank you.

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    I loved the article as well. As mentioned thousands of times, I enjoyed using Ubuntu in the past and won't mind running it again. I just wish they make it more commercial meaning. If only MSN and all the other chatting services would run on Linux and some major apps like iTunes and gaming were focused a bit more, Linux could actually give Windows and Apple a run for their money. A lot of people say yeah it's more secure, this and that but once a OS becomes very mainstream as Windows or Apple you'll start seeing so many people creating viruses and exploits like you won't believe. I were a hacker, I will not invest my time creating bugs and viruses for Linux, why? It's not an OS 9 out of 10 people would use in their homes. Once Linux finally makes gaming more appealing to gamers and chatting services and other tiny things count me into running the OS solely not dual booting as I'm doing now.
    What's the matter? CIA's got you pushing too many pencils?

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Nice article Laura! So lets see Android is based on Linux which is close to Unix. IOS which is based on OSX which was NeXt, which was also Unix based. So Android and IPhone have the same base. Patent war 7 degrees of separation Where is Solaris in this?

PIN/ID
    no more
    Quote Originally Posted by raton View Post
    I loved the article as well. As mentioned thousands of times, I enjoyed using Ubuntu in the past and won't mind running it again. I just wish they make it more commercial meaning. If only MSN and all the other chatting services would run on Linux and some major apps like iTunes and gaming were focused a bit more, Linux could actually give Windows and Apple a run for their money. A lot of people say yeah it's more secure, this and that but once a OS becomes very mainstream as Windows or Apple you'll start seeing so many people creating viruses and exploits like you won't believe. I were a hacker, I will not invest my time creating bugs and viruses for Linux, why? It's not an OS 9 out of 10 people would use in their homes. Once Linux finally makes gaming more appealing to gamers and chatting services and other tiny things count me into running the OS solely not dual booting as I'm doing now.
    Try Pidgin. It is an awesome Linux IM chat client. I added my Yahoo and GTalk accounts.
    Laura

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    Good point but I just want those apps to run natively. A spokesman said that even though it's free for mac and msn they're not. It's on youtube it explains why these chatting services are not provided on Linux based OS's. I mean I gotta be able to do the same things I can on a Windows and Mac machines to actually compete and of course better; That's the whole point about competing, no?

Watch below:

What's the matter? CIA's got you pushing too many pencils?

PIN/ID
    no more
    Quote Originally Posted by raton View Post
    Good point but I just want those apps to run natively. A spokesman said that even though it's free for mac and msn they're not. It's on youtube it explains why these chatting services are not provided on Linux based OS's. I mean I gotta be able to do the same things I can on a Windows and Mac machines to actually compete and of course better; That's the whole point about competing, no?

Watch below:

I do not use native clients even when I run Windows.

Even on my BlackBerry, I prefer SocialScope to the native Twitter client.
    Laura

+ Reply to Thread