+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...iPhone-Killers... Smartphone News forum

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!

Article: iPhone Killers

Advertisement

Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

rdills no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    "Iphone killer" is a term made up by the media. Google never said the G1 or the N1 would kill the iphone. In fact, I remember they said Android's purpose isn't even to compete with the Iphone, but to run on many different types of hardware on every carrier. Which is a huge difference from what Apple has done. And just because the Android OS is superior to the IOS, or whatever they call it, doesn't mean the iphone will just disappear. I can't believe people even buy into such rhetoric.

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    The only iPhone killer that I know of is the guy who shot at an iPhone 3GS I think. I mean he literally killed the phone; thus, iPhone killer
    What's the matter? CIA's got you pushing too many pencils?

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    AND there is a vid of a guy shooting an iPad with a .50 cal also-a waste of a good device if you ask me.
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

planneau no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by rdills View Post
    "Iphone killer" is a term made up by the media. Google never said the G1 or the N1 would kill the iphone. In fact, I remember they said Android's purpose isn't even to compete with the Iphone, but to run on many different types of hardware on every carrier. Which is a huge difference from what Apple has done. And just because the Android OS is superior to the IOS, or whatever they call it, doesn't mean the iphone will just disappear. I can't believe people even buy into such rhetoric.
    You hit it right on the money. Folks are so gullible. Another thing am tired of is when a new touch screen phone hits the market; everyone jumps to compare it to the iphone. By know if you don't know what the iphone can and cannot do, you should move to the jungle away from civilization and technology.
    ..........SHAKE N BAKE..........

It's not a matter of being gullible, many people look at their smartphones as a status symbol and they want the current platform they love to be on top. They chose their phone because they thought it was the best and they will show it off to their friends, try to prove why it's better. And with the iPhone being such a great seller, of course all others will be compared....it's unavoidable and needed. That fierce competition is what keeps things changing. If nobody compared one device/platform to another and proclaimed what they love or hate, then there would be no need for innovation. Each new generation of devices brings new features that others try to copy & catch up or improve on.

While the companies themselves have not called their device an iPhone killer, you know they are sure hoping it will be one. That's why carriers and manufacturers are frequently either taking digs at Apple or copying them.

And while the iPhone won't just flip belly-up and die overnight any time soon.....one day, there will be something to take it's throne. Nothing stays on top forever...
    Twitter? My Apps List

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    TechCrunch writer is correct. The only iPhone killer is another iPhone or Apple for mismanagement. They will remain the device the Media tends to hold on a perch as number one.

Apple is not even in the top 5 yet they are the most sought after and seem to be compared with all new products.

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Strategically, and (resorting to marketing wisdom) no manufacturer will define a product as a iPhone killer, or BB killer, or a killer of any kind. That, in business, is SUICIDE !
    Now, since reporters, newsmakers, TV news, and the general journalism mob are always looking for something new, defiant, anti-social, paranoiac, schizophrenic (admit it, it´s the only news that sell), and since they are somehow lacking in original adjectives, they resort to a four letter word (they´re forever looking for these) to describe any new invention (be it technological, or whatever).
    They came up with "KILLER" and their target is now the iPhone, the Bentley, the Mercedes-Benz, BMW and whatever is of a good and solid quality. You never hear them talk about "killing" mundane stuff... these belong to the living (and many have since died, thankfully, of natural causes...and without being branded).
    And then, of course, the indirect marketing strategy...make a "killer" and everybody is interested. It´s like contracting the mob...let´s wait and see who is gonna die.
    And then "killers" get "snuffed" and that´s the end of the story...until another "killer" comes along.
    Ok, end of my rant...sorry guys. I have to stop.
    My back is "killing" me...

PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    Quote Originally Posted by azstar View Post
    Nothing stays on top forever...
    That's what she said!

Quote Originally Posted by raton View Post
    That's what she said!
    ROFLMAO!
    Twitter? My Apps List

The Eye Phone story, as we are watching it now, has been repeated over and over in history. The things that are new now, and innovative and desired, eventually fade away or become so common as to not be important any longer. Television. Color Television. HDTV. The Automobile. Shaft Drive on Motorcycles. Eight-Track Tapes. For that matter, Cassette Tapes. In our world, Cell Phones, Color Screens. QWERTY Keypads. The RAZR. The LG Chocolate. The Pearl. Symbian. Windows Mobile.

I think probably as soon as 5 years from now, we will consider the Eye Phone and its technology laughably outdated. Historically important, but nevertheless outdated.

rdills no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    Haha! Well said delfim!

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    I agree with Mark on this one. It's neat to think about 5 years down the road and what we may be holding on to or using. It sure won't be anything we have now.

I see the orignal Pearl as one example. When I first used that phone I thought it was pretty great. Now I shake my head and laugh when I look at one or hold one in my hand.

WhitePearlPXL no está en línea Stack level 4
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FL7yD-0pqZg

typical consumers. idiots.

PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    You should see what this guy has to say. Like...Booyahhh!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast