+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...ier-Than-iOS-5... Smartphone News forum

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!

Article: iPhone 4S Vs. Samsung Nexus Prime: Will Ice Cream Sandwich be Tast

Advertisement

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    That is a trick question

The only smartphone that can outshine the current iPhone is the next iPhone.
    It's difficult to compare apples and oranges.

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    are there pictures of the android device out yet?

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Quote Originally Posted by catstide View Post
    are there pictures of the android device out yet?
    This apparently is close enough:
    http://forums.pinstack.com/content/3...xus_prime.html

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Quote Originally Posted by srl7741 View Post
    That is a trick question

The only smartphone that can outshine the current iPhone is the next iPhone.
    It's difficult to compare apples and oranges.
    HELLLOOO srl, long time no see, no hear etc. etc.

I'm glad this one got you out of slumber.

PIN/ID
    wut?
    wow! very interesting...
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

ventz no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    N/A
    I think the battery specs are not 1750 mAh on the Nexus Prime. I saw on GSM Arena that the phone reported itself with a 2000 mAh battery.

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    Seriously, the Evo 3d goes up for sale the week this is released if I can nab it on sprint.
    I'd compare the two but its difficult without having played with ICS. The camera doesn't concern me at all, and I know the CPU will be quick enough.

You can bet regardless I'll have ICS on my tab as well. Wont wait for Sammy to push it.

rdills no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    If it's exclusive to Verizon then I'll have to wait for the Nexus. Either way, I'll have ICS on my Xoom probably before the Nexus is even released. I really hope the UI moves as smoothly as the GS2 UI. If not, I'll pass.

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    Quote Originally Posted by rdills View Post
    If it's exclusive to Verizon then I'll have to wait for the Nexus. Either way, I'll have ICS on my Xoom probably before the Nexus is even released. I really hope the UI moves as smoothly as the GS2 UI. If not, I'll pass.
    Hoping to see dev on ports shortly after release. I'll be watching xda like a hawk.
    RemyKirin likes this.

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    I dunno I think iOS will have a problem with that ice cream sandwich. I mean, for one it's sticky, second I don't think any kind of ice cream is good on any phone but hey that's just me you know. Perhaps the one day Google might stand a chance against Apple's product is when they release a real name for their os and not what the developer happened to be eating that day....again, just sayin'
    What's the matter? CIA's got you pushing too many pencils?

smooth10 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    21CB9337
    In regards to srl... I think you mean, you can't compare Apples and Lemons

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    ^^^Smooth I can't help but comment, just for the laugh.
    When push comes to shove, the citrus fruit (be it oranges or lemons) we manage to squeeze out more juice.
    Just my 2 cents...

RemyKirin no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask me
    I can sum up every ifan comment ever said "Its not an iPhone so it sucks." see how simple, to the point and lacking in any solid proof it is? they should just say that, it would be simple and quick. And everyone else can just comment and debate about the actual pros and cons, and all will be right with the world. ;-D I know cheap shot but I couldnt help it lol Its just some good natured ribbing. ^_^

getting back to the topic, I seriously think that apple is really starting to fall behind, if they dont start bringing up their game up a notch android will start to dominate the market.

In the end android is open has :
    multiple manufacturers

free standards

free customizations even without rooting

cheaper avenues for movies, music, and apps

Cheaper storage ( how much is it for the largest storage on an iPhone vs the equivalent storage on the nexus prime? not to mention an sd card slot to further expand the storage)

Gorilla glass on recent models for android phones

upgradable/removable batteries on all android phones

ICS without rooting

Flash support ( yes I know we dont NEED flash but its still nice to have around seeing as the majority of the internet still uses it.)

Full multitasking support

Custom Roms

More options to fit every budget

with android you are treated like you actually own the device not like a kid in preschool who is given plastic scissors because they cant be trusted with big boy toys

In the end you have choices with android phones like the nexus Prime, with apple you get alot of locked down( so you dont mess with their harmony) one size should fit all stuff.

So to round it off, Im looking forward to the Nexus Prime, I think its gonna really take off when its launched. And I got my umbrella out and ready for the rain of apple retribution Im probably gonna get, Just do me a favor if you are gonna debate me, please at least address the points I brought up and not just dismiss it all cuz you have a different opinion on just one thing.
    jfcooley likes this.

PIN/ID
    wut?
    Quote Originally Posted by RemyKirin View Post
    I can sum up every ifan comment ever said "Its not an iPhone so it sucks." see how simple, to the point and lacking in any solid proof it is? they should just say that, it would be simple and quick. And everyone else can just comment and debate about the actual pros and cons, and all will be right with the world. ;-D I know cheap shot but I couldnt help it lol Its just some good natured ribbing. ^_^

getting back to the topic, I seriously think that apple is really starting to fall behind, if they dont start bringing up their game up a notch android will start to dominate the market.

In the end android is open has :
    multiple manufacturers

free standards

free customizations even without rooting

cheaper avenues for movies, music, and apps

Cheaper storage ( how much is it for the largest storage on an iPhone vs the equivalent storage on the nexus prime? not to mention an sd card slot to further expand the storage)

Gorilla glass on recent models for android phones

upgradable/removable batteries on all android phones

ICS without rooting

Flash support ( yes I know we dont NEED flash but its still nice to have around seeing as the majority of the internet still uses it.)

Full multitasking support

Custom Roms

More options to fit every budget

with android you are treated like you actually own the device not like a kid in preschool who is given plastic scissors because they cant be trusted with big boy toys

In the end you have choices with android phones like the nexus Prime, with apple you get alot of locked down( so you dont mess with their harmony) one size should fit all stuff.

So to round it off, Im looking forward to the Nexus Prime, I think its gonna really take off when its launched. And I got my umbrella out and ready for the rain of apple retribution Im probably gonna get, Just do me a favor if you are gonna debate me, please at least address the points I brought up and not just dismiss it all cuz you have a different opinion on just one thing.
    you obviously spent more time on this than i'm willing to give.just about all (if not all) of your points are laughable.
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast