+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Usually I would point out my hatred towards att and rant and rant some more............ ... Smartphone News forum

tippmann15 no está en línea Stack level 3

Advertisement

Usually I would point out my hatred towards att and rant and rant some more............

But GEEZ that is terrible ;0( I hope you get the phones you want, do you think going back and speaking to a manager would assist at all ? I dont know the CHAIN of command for ATT but perhaps you can call the DM/RM (whatever M they are hehe) and explain how you're worried you won't get your 2 phones.

Good luck and I hope you get your phones on time ;0)

EDIT: I just read your last post hehe.

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    On the Apple app, if you want to try and pre order by adding a line or create a new account for the iPhone 4, it says you have to make a reservation and go in to the store ???
    Last edited by pdxmatts; 06-16-2010 at 11:48 AM.

three3peat no está en línea Stack level 3
    Alot of ppl are having problems with pre ordering thru web I got my order in early and received my confirmation email so Im good to go (I hope).

Hope you guys get yours on time .

Dont know if you guys read this yet .... http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/37729045...ence-wireless/

Also....
    Pre-orders for the new iPhone 4 began today, and both AT&T's systems, as well as Apple's, were inundated with orders. AT&T now says those who order from late Tuesday onwill get the new iPhone on June 25, not June 24, the official release date.

Apple nets 600,000 preorders in one day

http://www.boygeniusreport.com/2010/...nius+Report%29

taynepope no está en línea Stack level 2

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by calibur View Post
    That is some experience. I can understand technically problems but the old fashion CC swiper.. woo. i did not expect the CC to get bent. I say the IV chick should have just taken over the guy's position since it seems she knew what was going on more him.
    Im so sorry about your experience. I hope everything goes smoothly from this point.

neorabid no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    neorabid
    LoL, I have given up on pre ordering and am just going to wait it out until next month and then get one. The idea makes me cringe but I THINK I can do it, wish me luck. Im going to be suffering from withdrawals because I wont have it.

Pre order ship date pushed back again to July 14th ;(

I'm with you Neorabid

http://www.boygeniusreport.com/2010/...nius+Report%29

PIN/ID
    Apple
    Engadget reporing today that they have shut down pre orders and some security issues have been exposed. Hope everything is well with your account SRL.

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    I received another call from AT$T today along with an email confirming both my phones were in fact ordered. So one thing at a time for now.

1. Confirm order
    2. Receive oder (when? who knows)
    3. Happy

On another note: I see the buzz about Verizon getting the new iPhone is sparked again. Seems it may be real come Q3 this year. If Verizon does ever get the iPhone the US will offically get sucked into a Data Hog vacume tube.

PIN/ID
    Apple
    I saw that also, i hope it comes true because i really want the new iPhone but there's no way I'm dealing with ATT again. Glad to hear you got both phones ordered! I will most interested to see how many customers ATT loses if this happens. I read a report a few months back that said a poll indicated that 30-40% of iPhone users would jump ship if that happened. On the same note I saw a article this morning that said 6% of Verizon customers are ready to jump to ATT for the new iPhone. Interesting indeed.

PIN/ID
    Retired
    I think we would see two different sets of numbers. The group who are very tech savy and on boards like these often who complain about AT&T a lot would be gone in a heartbeat to Verizon.

Then there are those I consider normal consumers. A few may switch over to Verizon but not in large numbers. There would however be a larger number of current Verizon customers make the switch from another type of phone.

I hate to sound mean or anything else but the typical consumer does not research anything and do not care about the same type of things. They WANT and WANT it NOW. The rest they often discover later only by mistake or due to a problem that may arise in which forces them to learn new things about something they had no idea about.

One small example (for me anyway) would be a new vehicle. I don't take the time to learn about anything auto related till it's time to look for something new. Then and most of the time only then, I take the time to do some back ground work or research on vehicles I'm looking at. It's not that I don't care it's that I'm not that into vehicles and see them as a point A to point B item. IDK? Maybe others don't see it that way, but I tend to think that's true for many.

PIN/ID
    Retired
    Update*

Today is Tuesday 29th of June. The iPhone is now on sale (again) at the AT&T Stores across the US. So I have some additional experiences to add to my OP which highlights more of the same Ol' way of doing business AT$T Style.

Yesterday I was preparing to pay my monthly cell phone bill like every other person does across the entire world. I open up my must have iPhone App myWireless (AT$T's App). The App itself it awesome and works great and really is a must have App. Anyway since I recently activates two new iPhone 4's I thought I would check on the actual plan and make sure it had not been changed b/c for the last 3 years I have had 1400 cell minutes and unlimited Data and Text with roll over minutes which now has accumulated about 15,000 cell minutes. Suffice to say I'm never going to go over my allotted talk time minutes.

Guess what I found? ............ My plan had been changed without my knowledge or approval to 200 minutes, 250mb data and no text. WHAT!
    Yep, AT$T changed my Monthly Plan giving me the bare bone lowest plan known to man or beast.

So I went to the local store since it's only a mile away and spoke with the person at the counter, he was a nice young man (boy) and had a blank stare on his face from the first moment I asked my questions. After an unpleasant pause he said he was going to need to talk with his manager. He left the room and after a short time returned and stated the Manager would change my plan back to my original Unlimited everything with 1400 cell minutes each month.

After returning home and after about an hour I jumped back on my trusty myWireless App and could see my plan had been changed back to the original plan and *** was good again in the world of (my life).

Today I happen to wake up early like normal O-Dark 30 (5:30 am) and thought I would run over to the AT$T Store and see if I could land my Mother a new iPhone since she is still using the two year old 3G. I pulled up and see only about 10 people standing in line. What the heck I had just left Starbucks (Forsquare will tell ya) and I had all the stuff I needed to hang out in a short line to surprise good Ol' Mom with a new present.

A rep from AT$T was greeting each person who showed up, confirming all the important stuff needed so once in the Store it was fast and easy. After 30 minutes of so I walk out with NOTHING. Seems they were doing the scouts honor printing a receipt and telling everyone they had to return to the store between 12:00 noon and 6:00 pm in order to pick up the iPhone 4.

What an odd way of doing business, why sell something you don't have and why make people stand in line twice for the same thing? Make no sense. During line duty others were phoning others who were in a variety of line throughout the Metro area (Apple Stores, otherr AT&T Stores etc). Seems those places had lines hours long and had began at the 4:00 AM time.

When this is all said and done a few months down the road it's going to be called the worst of the worst for AT$T who will throw the monkey on Apple's back. The Apple Stores of course get the iPhone's first and AT$T receives only a certain amount.

I'm not throwing blame on anyone but rather going to say the method of doing business is not a well thought out process and it's not working out very well for millions of people. On the other hand millions of people are probably thinking things were actually great.

The darn iPhone 4 is so sought after it can bring two very large corporations to their knees and that's amazing when you think about it. My advice (if any) would be to prepare to wait and get nothing till a later date or wait till a later date and get the new iPhone at that time.

It's a crap shoot

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12