+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Originally Posted by ventz No yellow spots. About the antenna: I thought it wasn't a ... Smartphone News forum

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by ventz View Post
    No yellow spots.

About the antenna: I thought it wasn't a problem.
    I tried it, and nothing. I tried again a few times...same thing -- nothing. My co-worker does it, 15 seconds later drops to 2 bars, another 10 seconds it drops to 0. He lets go, within 30 seconds it's back to 5. He was able to do this 2-3 times in a row. I try it again, and nothing. What's strange is I held it the *SAME* way as him, and in the *SAME* spots...

so this makes me wonder.
    I wonder if it has to do with hand moisture, some people have sweaty hands and others really dry.....
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

Capdot no está en línea Stack level 5
    Most of it is just teasing. Everyone likes to upset the fanboys and poke fun at their "loyalty" to their company of choice.

aferm no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by rdills View Post
    Well, the hype works both ways. If these problems are being over-hyped, then its only fair. The iPhone 4 gets praise for adding features that other phones have had for years. You know, multitasking, folders, hi-res screen, camera flash etc. All old news for Android and others but now its so great because the iPhone does it. I say give em hell. 1% of 1.5 million is a lot of people.

The problem with this statement is that apple put out a new and innovative product BEFORE anyone else did, and when your the first one out there, it's easy for others to take your product, emulate it, and tweak it to make it better. Granted, Apple is slow to react to add new features, but they take their time in bringing out a phone that creates lots of buzz and hype. I repeat, i am not a fanboy of Apple, and actually like android phones. I have even owned 3 blackberries. I just laugh when I see all the trashing that they are getting for putting out something that sells 1 million units in a week. In a month, all that will go away, and you will still be left with a decent phone, much better than its previous version. I'm going to quote BHP77; it pretty much sums it all: " I like to keep a open mind on smart phones because what works for me doesn't work for someone else and competition brings out the best in all."

rdills no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    Problem with that last statement is Android isn't just 1 phone once a year, its an army of open source superphones, and will soon have a model for everyone. Its not in competition with Apple like the media hypes it to be. Its bigger than that. By the end of the year the iPhone 4 will look more pathetic than it already does. The antenna design is just idiotic.

Even though theres at least 4 Android devices out now thats superior to the iphone 4, I'll see how you guys are talking when the dual core, 2 ghz Android Devices come around in a few months. I wont let you forget these statements you've made in this thread.

Now for the facts.
    Android has 160,000 new activations a day. 77% of iPhone 4 activations were upgrades. People who already had a iPhone and
    don't know anything else. The Android take over is inevitable. I'll be here to say I told you so.

aferm no está en línea Stack level 2
    Well, enjoy your "superphone". I will never say I wont own one, as I have already stated, but the whole mine is better than yours argument can go both ways. I've seen fads come and go when it comes to technology, so your feelings must be pretty strong about the phone you chose. At the end of the day, it is just a phone, and there will always be preferences, so I'll leave it at that. Hopefully your objectivity will still be the same when the next bigger and better phone comes out, and you no longer feel that Android is the Alpha and Omega. I am not pro or con one device. My statements were just facts. Have a great day!

rdills no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    He's Upset About the iPhone 4 Antenna.

You can't learn anything if you're talking!

Capdot no está en línea Stack level 5
    Hans: Bumpers are multi-colored, and costs only 29$
    Hitler: Multi colored are you serious?
    Hans: Sir, Ill pay for the case
    Hitler: Hans, Thats why youre always broke every week!

ROFL.

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    Was kind of funny. It's hard not to laugh at that video. Who ever put that together knows what they are doing and did a great job. (no punn intended)

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    Nice video but I think this describes why Apple fanboys and iPhone praisers like the ifall better
    What's the matter? CIA's got you pushing too many pencils?

Tre Lawrence no está en línea Developer
    I use that line as my excuse of choice now: you're holding it wrong!

tippmann15 no está en línea Stack level 3
    WOW.......just wow lol. That EVO vs IP4 clip seriously made me LOL in its actual meaning.

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    raton I luv that video. It's awesome. Marked as a favorite on uTube. In all seriousness I'm so tired of the lame complaints.

I've seen theses so far since launch
    1. App (fill in the name) crashes. Apple Fail.
    2. I want a free case to fix the reception problem.
    3. I waited in line for 6 hours and could not buy an iPhone.
    4. AT&T won't let me upgrade my 3GS I just purchased 90 days ago.
    5. Apple Stole my 3GS
    6. Confirmed Obama is reimbursing all iPhone 4 owners.

7. After 6 hours I was finally able to cause signal problem by (fill in idea)
    8. I cracked my iPhone screen and Apple won't give me a new iPhone
    9. The iPhone 4 is the tech equilivant of BP oil spill
    10. I can only have 2160 Apos on my new iPhone, Apple FAIL again.
    11. I'm filing a class action law suit, I can't buy a white iPhone and Apple said it would be available.

ventz no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by srl7741 View Post
    raton I luv that video. It's awesome. Marked as a favorite on uTube. In all seriousness I'm so tired of the lame complaints.

I've seen theses so far since launch
    1. App (fill in the name) crashes. Apple Fail.
    2. I want a free case to fix the reception problem.
    3. I waited in line for 6 hours and could not buy an iPhone.
    4. AT&T won't let me upgrade my 3GS I just purchased 90 days ago.
    5. Apple Stole my 3GS
    6. Confirmed Obama is reimbursing all iPhone 4 owners.

7. After 6 hours I was finally able to cause signal problem by (fill in idea)
    8. I cracked my iPhone screen and Apple won't give me a new iPhone
    9. The iPhone 4 is the tech equilivant of BP oil spill
    10. I can only have 2160 Apos on my new iPhone, Apple FAIL again.
    11. I'm filing a class action law suit, I can't buy a white iPhone and Apple said it would be available.

Haha! Ohh, so true. From the above, I am actually in #7. Figured out a bunch of ways -- mostly by holding it the way i normally held my 3GS. But when I try to specifically hold it, it doesn't happen...which is funny and not good for me at least at the same time. Either way, you are right, and this is definitely funny.

bmanley no está en línea Stack level 4
    Does anybody know where Steve Jobs has posted his class on how to hold you phone the right way??? lol

Maybe when Verizon has to switch to GSM they will have the iPhone and folks can dump AT&T for good

ventz no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by bmanley View Post
    Does anybody know where Steve Jobs has posted his class on how to hold you phone the right way??? lol

Maybe when Verizon has to switch to GSM they will have the iPhone and folks can dump AT&T for good
    And by GSM you really mean LTE
    When Verizon, ATT, and Tmobile go to LTE it should get *very* interesting. I have a feeling phones will start being bought for full price and people will go month by month and jump around as needed.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast