+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Originally Posted by rdills There's a simple solution for these serious problems. Take it back ... Smartphone News forum

WhitePearlPXL no está en línea Stack level 4

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by rdills View Post
    There's a simple solution for these serious problems.

Take it back and get yourself a DroidX

Sorry I couldn't resist!
    nah man. wouldn't want a bunch of iPhone owners owning an Android device. i actually had one idiot tell me "the customization is too much". i thought.. wow.. what a moron.
    Paolo
    Moto Droid with SteamROM v4.0.5 Steam Theme
    Steam 1.2ghz Low Voltage Kernel
    Apple MacBook Pro
    Jeremiah 29:11
    Try us out! www.mycellularsource.com

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    It's been two full days now and countless different locations and I've not noticed any issues. In many places I have more 3G Bars than before using my 3GS.
    My call quality is better but I thnk that is due to the speaker and not the signal or AT&T Service.

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Whoa, Apple is really slipping here.....now add swapped volume buttons to the list of issues, up is down and down is up......I'm sure steve will just say your holding it wrong

More here: http://www.tipb.com/2010/06/25/iphone-4-swapped-volume-buttons/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter&utm_cam paign=Feed:+TheIphoneBlog+(TiPb:+iPhone,+iPad,+iPo d)&utm_content=Twitter
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

beeshabo no está en línea Stack level 6
    After a full 24 hours with my iPhone, I can say, I DO NOT have this issue and btw, "face time" is outrageously cool!!!!!!!

PIN/ID
    Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by beeshabo View Post
    After a full 24 hours with my iPhone, I can say, I DO NOT have this issue and btw, "face time" is outrageously cool!!!!!!!
    FaceTime is pretty sweet. I have not had enough time to set down and write up a good post on all my findings but plan on it soon. Been very busy @ work.

FaceTime is kewl tho and works great. It's different but good.

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    The ansewr by Apple...is expected ! If you place your antennae on the rim/frame, which everyone holds with his hands, fingers or even balance with your face or chin, or whatever, you are going to get interference with the radio signal.
    Unless of course if you are in a full strength area where the minimal loss of signal isn´t even noticed. But if you´re in an area with say, 50% radio signal, you will definitely feel the difference! But the same can be said about amplification of the signal, since your body (especially head and face) can cause this increase, and which has been reported to be a health hazard.
    I don´t think that the choice of placing the antenna on the RIM was a bright idea at all... Apple will have to figure something else out.

aferm no está en línea Stack level 2
    I can safely say NO yellow spots, NO inverted volume buttons, and NO problems with reception. In fact, as SRL7741 pointed out, I have BETTER reception than I previously had. And battery life is still outrageously great. Unplugged my phone at 6 a.m. and have run Pandora, 2 games, surfed on safari and opera, and used Mapquest and google maps, text, e-mail, not to mention at least 3 hours of talk time, and i'm still at 77% as of 2:00 p.m. EST. I have push and location notifications on, so I am very pleased. I'm sure people have had problems with some units, but this happens with most new releases no matter the phone. Not saying this is the end all or be all, but it sure is a sweet phone, and I really like the weight and feel when i hold it. These are just my thoughts

rdills no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    Yes, but at least with other new phones, somebody in charge admits there's a problem, and try to fix it. Apple on the other hand, says there's no problem to fix, and its your fault! So I doubt they're trying to fix anything! Good to hear you guys got a few of the good ones. But this is a mess!

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    Thanks to srl7741's tweet, an IOS 4.0.1 is in the works for a possible fix for the reception problem. Read more: http://iphone.appleinsider.com/artic..._ios_4_01.html

PIN/ID
    Apple
    Only time will tell with the issues that are poping up. It's much bigger because it is apple but I have a feeling that a lot of this is being blown out of porportion. I mean they should be approaching the 1 million mark soo. If not surpassed it already. If that's the case what are we looking at, 1% with issues. Not bad if you bad if you ask me, he'll of a lot better than any android or blackberry device. Just more limelight because it is Apple.

PIN/ID
    Retired
    There are so many one line headlines with no supporting documentation it's hard to know what is true and what isn't.
    The Blogosphere can be brutally wrong and sometimes right. You really have to experience it on your own with your own device to know for sure.

I've not had any issues with my two new iPhones.
    Heck I'm apt to wonder if there is an update next week will I really need it?
    If it's not broken, don't fix it.

I'm sure any updates will be good but you have to wonder? 1.5 million devices sold opening day if true is one hell-of-a-day for sales if you ask me.

They must be doing something right ornao many would not be lining up for them.

When i get some real free time I will try to post more about how my first few days have gone so far.

As if right now it's hard enough to stay caught up with iOS4 App updates
    Man they are kicking them out by the dozens.

rdills no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    Well, the hype works both ways. If these problems are being over-hyped, then its only fair. The iPhone 4 gets praise for adding features that other phones have had for years. You know, multitasking, folders, hi-res screen, camera flash etc. All old news for Android and others but now its so great because the iPhone does it. I say give em hell. 1% of 1.5 million is a lot of people.
    Last edited by rdills; 06-26-2010 at 01:15 AM.

ventz no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    N/A
    No yellow spots.

About the antenna: I thought it wasn't a problem.
    I tried it, and nothing. I tried again a few times...same thing -- nothing. My co-worker does it, 15 seconds later drops to 2 bars, another 10 seconds it drops to 0. He lets go, within 30 seconds it's back to 5. He was able to do this 2-3 times in a row. I try it again, and nothing. What's strange is I held it the *SAME* way as him, and in the *SAME* spots...

so this makes me wonder.

PIN/ID
    Apple
    Any issues that apple have are going to be all over the news. Yes they just added features to the iPhone that android has had all along. Apple are the big boys on the block. They have one phone on one carrier that competes with everyone else and kick their butt doing it. News from Android a few day ago was that 100, 000 phones a day were being activated. Apple shut that up with just pre orders. Although it was a mess. I haven't had a chance to look at one person yet. The hype does go both ways and apple should expect that if they do have some issues. Folks like to hate apple because apples device is on the news, in the papers, and most people have one. If it sucked do you really think that 27 million people would have it. I like to keep a open mind on smart phones because what works for me doesn't work for someone else and competition brings out the best in all.

PIN/ID
    Retired
    When your at the Top there will always be a certain % of people who will try to knock you down. All's fair in Love and War

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast