+ Reply to Thread

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...oingo-Airports... Smartphone News forum

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Article: iPad Now Second Most Popular Mobile Wi-Fi Device in Boingo Airport

Advertisement

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    It's early still but I can say browsing the web on the device is an awesome experience and beats a smart phone due the screen size.

The device is so nice to carry around also. It's so thin and light weight. It's the fastest quickest mobile device I've ever used.

If OS 4 dot adds multi-tasking look out, it will just increase usage.

I'm so happy with mine I'm going to purchase a few more for other family members. It's just that nice to use and so simple.

beeshabo no está en línea Stack level 6
    srl7741 - Really? you're happy with it? Cool, I have a buddy who (in one month) can get HALF off the iPad Thinking about getting on, in a month of course.

Archer2 no está en línea Stack level 2
    While the iPad does have some interesting uses, being chained to Apples dictatorial, closed ecosystem ruins any appeal for me. The advantage is that it has influenced public opinion of this form factor in a positive way. This opens the door for HP and others to release similar devices designed to empower customers to use them as they wish. Sourcing content from providers of their choice.
    Last edited by Archer2; 04-08-2010 at 05:55 PM.

Please excuse error (typo)
    Last edited by Archer2; 04-08-2010 at 05:57 PM.

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    Not all Touch screens are created equally. Navigation is another very important feature of Touch screens. Windows in the past has tried several times to market Touch/Slate devices and they have never taken off. The reason is b/c they were clunky and awkward to use.

So yes Apple is setting a very good example for others to draw from. Lets hope they do. The eco system is essential otherwise they hit walls that turn users off.
    Windows Phone or Windows 7 series phone is going to be really no different when released than Apple. A closed eco system that Microsoft sets the rules for.
    I was very surprised when Microsoft let the cat out of the bag on this one. I would never have guessed they would do that.

It's almost like Android is assuming Microsoft's traditional role (open) and Microsoft is taking an odd new track we have not seen before. It should be neat to see how well it works or does not work.

Here's an article with another take on the "magical, revolutionary" iPad.

http://technorati.com/technology/art...from-itheists/

+ Reply to Thread