+ Reply to Thread

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...e-data-rip-off... Smartphone News forum

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!

Article: IN DEPTH: The mobile data rip-off

Advertisement

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    " Others argue that the only thing the mobile networks are protecting is their profits."

Amen.

Here in the US it may not be as bad but there are some questionable issues.

I pay for 4g even though there isn't a 4g area within 70 miles of where I live. Its calked a premium service to avoid having to answer why one pays for something they don't use. If I went to a 4g area, I'll pay. You can't tell me that Sprint has no way of enacting a location based 4g payment policy, especially since 4g growth has stagnated.

What's more, I'm not convinced that tethering puts any more strain on the network. Yes, routed I can bypass the tethering costs, but I don't like it. I pay for unlimited access, and unlimited data. Wharmt I do with it shouldn't be susceptible to more charges. In doing so I'm effectively charged twice for the same thing. I also don't want to feel as if I'm stealing when I do use my rooted tether.

This article leaves me with a question.
    How do we change pricing policies?

jhutton12 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    7BB5F94A
    These mobile companies are thieves indeed ! I'm outrage !!!

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Pricing policies. That they do. Cartel style. Until some high ranking regulator is fed up in reading his newspaper, gets annoyed, or feels he´s been had, and decides to start a crusade against these chaps...
    And once that gets out of the way (it takes years) the mob meets the round-table and conjures up another set of exploitative measures.
    And the cycle begins, again...

PapaMag no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Nadda
    It's the same all over, I have been with tmo for a long time was on the unlimited loyalty family plan under contract and even then, May 1st rolls around and what do you know I now have limited data. You would think the least they could do is wait until my contract is up then say sorry don't offer that anymore.

Samsung Galaxy S4
    Asus Nexus 7
    Nook Color

+ Reply to Thread