+ Reply to Thread

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...hone-!-But-why... Smartphone News forum

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!

Article: I Prefer Android Over iPhone ! But why ?

Advertisement

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    My views? Utter blasphemy!!!! J/K King Del. I may have to try a Android device sometime. One of my concerns is battery life, how does it compare with the i4? Also, feeeze-up/re-boot issues? One thing I do know, is that I left a new 9800 to come back to the i4, and bmay82 left a new Samsung Captivate (Android) to come back to an i4. Not knocking droids, just haven't tried one-yet.

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Nothing like trying it out Earl of Pinstack. My experience is a good one. Reboot is not a concern. Never had the need to, although I tried it of course. Pretty quick with my HTC. Battery consumption with this one (Desire HD supercalifragilisticecpeielidocious) is weaker than a iPhone. But then again we are looking at a bigger screen, a power processor...and the fact that I can't put it down ! The Desire Z is better in this aspect.
    Big plus is the Browser and Flash ! Camera, video, uploads, downloads, no restrictions, no message saying it can't open file... all positive.
    And its not boring... I can have a different UI for every possible mood I might be in ! But that's HTC ...
    And then Google sync via GMail. It's unbelievable ... contacts and calendar. AUTOMATIC Contact links with FAcebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Yahoo etc it's actually sick. How many calendars you want ? And Google Docs, RSS.
    It never ends...
    Last edited by Delfim; 02-27-2011 at 02:23 PM.

bmay82 no está en línea Stack Professional
    Def all valid points del....I really liked my captivate...but not STOCK...I HAD to flash a custom rom just enjoy it completely....while I did enjoy most everything about the phone the battery life wasn't as good as the i4 and the GPS on that particular android phone(captivate) was horrible! The devs who make the custom roms are great but it's worse than swapping new os's on blackberry....seems like the rom you choose and enjoy has a new version releasing every other couple days and my new i4 just plays nicer with my macbook pro
    Apple iPhone 5C 16gb (Green)

Follow Me on Twitter

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    I haven´t even rooted mine... it´s ok as it is. I had a look at the Samsung models, but stepped aside... HTC GPS is quick and accurate. I heard from other Samsung Galaxy S (Captivate in the US ?)) owners that this was a gripe with them too.
    I suppose if I had a Mac as a personnal PC, my opinion could be conditioned as well.

bmay82 no está en línea Stack Professional
    Yes the Captivate is ATT in the us....I knew about the GPS issues going into it but alot of devs claim their roms improve the gps....not really the case for me....gps just sucked lol

Android is really coming along way in a short time....between apple and android I don't think blackberry stands a chance just one mans opinion They both have great UI's...I just prefer apple at the moment (like I said though just got a macbook pro)i4 plays better with it lol
    Apple iPhone 5C 16gb (Green)

Follow Me on Twitter

DjSmooth no está en línea Stack Professional
    All very good points, think I'll pass this on to my FB Wall

mrholder no está en línea Stack level 3
    I'm a mac user and would have an iPhone, but I've heard people with AT&T and Verizon have dropped call issues around my area. It may be better now, though. I'm also getting a very good deal on our phones compared to friends with the iPhone. I really like having a rooted HTC Desire. The battery life is decent with a custom rom. Rooting was pretty simple with unrevoked3.com. I found supermod.net to be full of guides and pretty easy to flash their custom roms. I have a portable hotspot when rooted and flashed, which is cool. I have the phone overclocked slightly using setCPU. Titanium Backup is useful for saving all of your data before switching roms.
    Last edited by mrholder; 02-27-2011 at 10:14 PM.

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Good list of positive points, Del, and I agree with you. I have the Incredible and it's been a great phone. It does everything I need and more...and it's very fast. No worries about memory, number of applications, running or not, and it's features sometimes seem limitless.

As mentioned earlier, the battery life is the only thing that's sub-standard IMO. One thing I do (in addition to the ones you mentioned) is reduce my screen brightness setting to slow the battery drain. I hope that battery technology takes care of this in the future but, for now, I plug in often.

The ONLY feature that is missing on mine, and many of these phones, is a tactile keyboard. I've adjusted to the "on screen" keyboard on the Incredible but I didn't like it at first and I don't like it now. If at all possible, my next Android will have that too.

rdills no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    Excellent breakdown Del! Once you try Android for an extended length of time, I don't see how anyone could leave the openness of the platform. My Droid X is such a power house! But I have optimized it to the point where the power is only there when you need it. I've been on my new Xoom nonstop over the weekend, and haven't used my X that much. Just checked my battery on the X and it says I've been unplugged for 9 hours. The battery is at 90%! Man I love that.

Android has come such a long way so fast. I'm glad I jumped on the ride from day 1. Its been very exciting watching it grow in front of my eyes.

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Quote Originally Posted by jblackfish View Post
    ...The ONLY feature that is missing on mine, and many of these phones, is a tactile keyboard. I've adjusted to the "on screen" keyboard on the Incredible but I didn't like it at first and I don't like it now. If at all possible, my next Android will have that too.
    Hi J. News are that there are a few with a kb in the near future. And that´s from Samsung as well... in the meantime HTC have introduced the Cha-Cha. But there are more coming.

+ Reply to Thread