+ Reply to Thread

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...-tablet-market... Smartphone News forum

lak611 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    no more

Article: HP single-handedly destroys non-iPad tablet market

Advertisement

Laura

Follow me on Twitter @lak611

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    Don't know if I agree with this or not. Got cold and jacked up on meds.
    I believe the issues that kept the Touch Pad from selling had more to do with WebOS history and few apps to support it.
    Either way, those that bought closeout TP may end up with android on them. There's a YouTube teaser about gingerbread and honeycomb being ported. No matter your opinion on either, a 99 android tablet is a good thing. Maybe that supports the article....

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    All in all this is good news. It's a pity it had to happen this way for us to find out we're being had...the profit margins are way high. We accept it because the marketing is good.
    Now, if the pads do drop in price I'm rearing to go for another...Android, not Apple. Flash is indispensable in my world...
    After getting used to this Asus transformer, using sync with Google Docs,etc I'm about ready to dispense with the portable PC. It's working well and today i figured out that the HTC Sensation has a portable WiFi hotspot built in (duh...) and I can connect the pad to it (double duh...) ! So internet everywhere...
    The price drop ? Its a pity it took so long...

lak611 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    no more
    I see the price drop being good for consumers. I do not think other tablets beside the iPad will go away. Beside, the manufacturers will still make money if they sell the tablets at cheaper prices that encourage high volume of sales. It is like cars, for instance. Ford, Toyota, and Hyundai make money selling many more cheaper cars than the luxury brands such as BMW, Mercedes, and Audi.
    Laura

Follow me on Twitter @lak611

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    Quote Originally Posted by delfim View Post
    All in all this is good news. It's a pity it had to happen this way for us to find out we're being had...the profit margins are way high. We accept it because the marketing is good.
    Now, if the pads do drop in price I'm rearing to go for another...Android, not Apple. Flash is indispensable in my world...
    After getting used to this Asus transformer, using sync with Google Docs,etc I'm about ready to dispense with the portable PC. It's working well and today i figured out that the HTC Sensation has a portable WiFi hotspot built in (duh...) and I can connect the pad to it (double duh...) ! So internet everywhere...
    The price drop ? Its a pity it took so long...
    Root it, then that portable hot spot is way less expensive.

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Funny I use a Rogers MiFi, get WiFi everywhere on my PlayBook and ATT torch in Canada, reduced the data plan big time. You may ask why I am using ATT in Canada, cheap calls for my kids living in the US and still have some clients in the US who prefer to call a US number. (I also have a TelUS BB) . Gives some interesting comparisons. On the HP Pad side, I think they are selling at a loss now, but they at least get some money. It's a great buy for anyone wanting a Tablet, and maybe it will bring the other prices down a bit, although not much because there is not a continuous supply.
    Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful, and optimistic. And we will change the world. - Jack Layton (1950-2011)
    Blackberry PlayBook 64GB Nokia 1020, Microsoft Surface PRO 2

+ Reply to Thread