+ Reply to Thread

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...port-Travelers... Smartphone News forum

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!

Article: Holographic Personnel Used to Direct Airport Travelers

Advertisement

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Thank you Del, this is pretty creepy, (the video I mean), looking at the people's reaction is amazing. Now all I need is one that project from my wrist, it's going to happen in my lifetime !!!! Now flying cars (for everyone)!!!

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Thought you'd like it...

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    You bet, I want to go to France just to see it, it reminds me that Europe tends to have the edge on a lot of technology implementation these days, (or should I see we (born a Brit), were using cell phones long before the US, but the US likes to believe they are the first. Computers/hovercrafts/radar/jump jets etc invented in the UK but funded and developed in the US, 'cos maybe the vision is elsewhere.

Still this is truly amazing. It is a shame that Ira Levin is not around to see it as he wrote of holographic images as 3D entertainment in the book "This Perfect Day" in 1970. Doesn't seem that long ago, but we were all using main frames then with very little computing power and no thought of personal computers or smartphones or anything else (all we had was 3 TV channels in the UK, colour if you could afford it ).
    Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful, and optimistic. And we will change the world. - Jack Layton (1950-2011)
    Blackberry PlayBook 64GB Nokia 1020, Microsoft Surface PRO 2

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    this still looks sweet, Star wars here we come

+ Reply to Thread