+ Reply to Thread

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...phone-platform... Smartphone News forum

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!

Article: Google’s Android becomes the world’s leading smart phone platform

Advertisement

PapaMag no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Nadda
    I am not the least bit surprised by this bit of news. Droid this, Droid that is all I've heard now for the last year it seems. There must be something about the Droid at keeps folks talking and buying. It's really as simple as this for me. Touch or non touch screens. Maybe the next time if there ever is for me. My wife thinks phones should last forever and if all us idiots would quick upgrading and buying the latest and greatest there wouldn't be anything to talk about. Now don't get me wrong I do not agree with her take here, but it does amaze me the money people spend playing this game. Just my take today and today only.

Unlike Craig, I am surprised - I thought it would take a lot longer for Android to catch Symbian. What this means is that there are more Android smartphones being sold now than even generic cell phones. That is quite an accomplishment. I wonder how long it will take this 600+ percent growth rate to level off? No wonder Apple started selling Verizon iPhones - panic! Android is a Monster!

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    ^^^^^^BIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGGGGGGG Monster ! BIG Foot ! The Yeti...

rdills no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    our good friend Rdills (he´s all grins I can imagine !)
    Yes I am Del!

You guys are right. Android's growth is astounding! Of course it couldn't have happened without help from Apple and RIM. The blinding arrogance of these companies is a major reason Android has grown into an unstoppable "monster". Apple could've easily crushed Android early by simply doing a few things. If Apple,

* Acknowledged Android as a threat.

*Released the Iphone on all carriers.

*Added basic features, like multitasking and flash, to the Iphone. (They just recently, with the IP4, allowed you to change your wallpaper for the love of God!)

*Gave us different models to choose from with different looks, screen sizes, etc, instead of making a one size fits all device, and saying "you will like this"! Well Apple.... I don't like it.

Its too late now. And the really scary thing is that Google wont rest on their laurels. Android continues to show innovation! All of its core apps receive constant updates making them more amazing. 3D Maps, Gmail, YouTube have all been made over and these changes aren't subtle mind you. Now here comes Honeycomb. A totally new face for Android! Its not hard to see where this is all headed. Yes I'm all grins!

+ Reply to Thread