+ Reply to Thread

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...la-acquisition... Smartphone News forum

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!

Article: Google CEO Larry Page explains reasoning behind Motorola acquisiti

Advertisement

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    I'm going to have to think on this. Not quite sure what to think.

bmanley no está en línea Stack level 4
    It's too hard to figure out whats going to happen in the phone market these days. We all know it doesn't seem like they have to release a new phone that works the way it suppose to and not mess up. Seems to me they need to use more real people in the testing to find these problems. Look at the new 9900 and the memory card. How did they miss this? Real people would have figured this out in the first day as they have now they are shipping them out. Motorola makes some good phones but google could change all that or make them even better, time will tell

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Google gets bigger!! Not sure if this will be good or bad, but I do agree have people test devices would be a good thing. I think the 9900 problem was more a battery design fault, left hand not talking to right hand!

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    While Moto will remain a seperate company, I wonder how this will impact future Nexus devices. If you owned a manufacturer would you put your best (vanilla) OS on a different device? Just wondering if Moto gets extra lovin? If so this could cause a rift between Samsung, HTC.

Maybe its my limited brain power, but I just see the other manufacturers getting seconds now.

Someone please tell me I'm paranoid.

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Quote Originally Posted by jfcooley View Post
    While Moto will remain a seperate company, I wonder how this will impact future Nexus devices. If you owned a manufacturer would you put your best (vanilla) OS on a different device? Just wondering if Moto gets extra lovin? If so this could cause a rift between Samsung, HTC.

Maybe its my limited brain power, but I just see the other manufacturers getting seconds now.

Maybe the other way round, often when companies buy other companies it can totally ruin both, depends on how hands on/hands off Google is, and if people talk to each other or it ends up with just the top people talking and nothing filtering down.

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    What Motorola Mobility has that Google wants are the vast number of patents Moto owns. Whether they use them or not is another matter. They can implement them on Android and vice versa. That's the added value and freedom Google has just bought.

lak611 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    no more
    Quote Originally Posted by jfcooley View Post

I could be wrong, but what I see happening is that other hardware manufacturers such as HTC, Samsung, and LG might release more devices running Windows Phone 7, rather than Android. That is, unless Microsoft follows Google's lead and completely buys out Nokia.
    Laura

Follow me on Twitter @lak611

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    You could not be more correct in your assumption Laura . When Windows starts cruising the jockeys will change horse... and Android/Google will have to up the stakes. I'm sure Apple will have something up its sleeve as well.

+ Reply to Thread