+ Reply to Thread

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...ng-Competition... Smartphone News forum

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!

Article: Google, Android Pronounced Security Kings in Pwn2Own Hacking Compe

Advertisement

RemyKirin no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask me
    Thats impressive but in the IT world its always a balance of user friendliness and security. Personally I'd rather have more security on my technology than ease of use. Either way I give props to google on this one, Well played sirs.

PIN/ID
    Apple
    Android has always had great security when it comes down to the OS. Problem is, they don't monitor their market place. If they would take similar steps as apple has done(and theirs isn't always full proof) you could have a very secure mobile device. Problem is they are so hell bent on being anti-apple and they have created the label "open platform" for themselves that they have backed themselves into a corner.

I would much rather have a company that controls the Apps than one that allows anything and everything to go to market without so much as a blink of the eye. They've put themselves in a react to attacks than a prevent them mode. This can only lead to more of what we've seen. Especially with every piece of junk that's plastic having some form of android on it.

RemyKirin no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask me
    Quote Originally Posted by BHP77 View Post
    Android has always had great security when it comes down to the OS. Problem is, they don't monitor their market place. If they would take similar steps as apple has done(and theirs isn't always full proof) you could have a very secure mobile device. Problem is they are so hell bent on being anti-apple and they have created the label "open platform" for themselves that they have backed themselves into a corner.

I would much rather have a company that controls the Apps than one that allows anything and everything to go to market without so much as a blink of the eye. They've put themselves in a react to attacks than a prevent them mode. This can only lead to more of what we've seen. Especially with every piece of junk that's plastic having some form of android on it.
    yes a company that "controls their apps" like when they block apps from specific makers for no apparent reason, and accept similar apps from other developers or when they just plain out dont allow free speech thru their apps and eliminate choice. Apple could give a crap about security, they just want everyone to conform their standards. If they did care and THEY went into prevent mode then iEverything would be less user friendly, and then they lose their only supposed advantage( cuz lets face it, the gui can be copied onto a different platform if someone wanted it badly enough) Its hard being an apple cultist-er... i mean apple enthusiast lol
    ----
    "If you aren't remembered, then you never existed." – Arisu

"I'm watching a dream I'll never wake up from.." - Spike Spiegel

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    Quote Originally Posted by RemyKirin View Post
    Its hard being an apple cultist-er... i mean apple enthusiast lol
    No, actually it isn't. It's quite easy given the quality of their products.
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

+ Reply to Thread