+ Reply to Thread

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...ne-In-The-U.S.... Smartphone News forum

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Article: Google Android Outsells Apple iPhone In The U.S.

Advertisement

ReggieSmith no está en línea Stack level 3
    I suppose that figure is limited to new retail or on-line sales? Most likely does not account for 2nd hand sales on sits such as eBay or craigs list where there is a large # of iPhones sold.

Also, every 2 days there is a new Android handset being released so I am not surprised that this has occurred.

It will be interesting to see what occurs after the upcoming iPhone is released. Obviously iPhone sales will go through the roof. I am wondering how many current 3Gs users will opt to purchase the new one. Is a new case, front facing camera and faster processor enough? Will Apple offer an early upgrade program? How many NEW folks have been wanting one and are waiting for the new unit to make the move?

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    It's the end of the iPhone3GS cycle. People just don't buy when a new version is so close and factor in many are waiting to see if Apple opens the iPhone up to more carriers.

beeshabo no está en línea Stack level 6
    I agree, this is no surprise considering how many new devices are being released running Android....Apple has ONE phone, and they only release ONE a year, so, not bad, but yes, the new iPhone (2010) will SMASH!!!!

rdills no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    If its the same Iphone as these leaked pics, then Android has already won!

http://gizmodo.com/5520155/gal-1//gallery/1

Anything less than a 4 inch screen, 720p video capture, and HDMI out will be a huge fail! Android has raised the Bar.

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Real yo-yo market this. The only player that can brag about market penetration and a sound customer base is the one that keeps the yo-yo string nice and taught ! We can see who that is...

DjSmooth no está en línea Stack Professional
    It was destine to happen, Android phones are just getting better and better, and as for the front and back camera, Sprint already have that covered as well as HDMI @ 720, not to mention the 4 inch screen. Sure the next gen IPhone will sell through the roofs, but I seriously doubt it will make serious Droiders jump ship.

Next on my list is the EVO, I'm ready to pay full Retail just to have it work on Verizon.

sooner no está en línea Stack Professional
    DJ

Looks like your EVO will be out soon.

http://www.iphoneos3.com/2010/05/09/...c-coming-june/

Quote Originally Posted by DjSmooth View Post
    It was destine to happen, Android phones are just getting better and better, and as for the front and back camera, Sprint already have that covered as well as HDMI @ 720, not to mention the 4 inch screen. Sure the next gen IPhone will sell through the roofs, but I seriously doubt it will make serious Droiders jump ship.

Next on my list is the EVO, I'm ready to pay full Retail just to have it work on Verizon.

iLord is DEAD!

+ Reply to Thread