+ Reply to Thread

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...ototype-iPhone... Smartphone News forum

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Article: Gizmodo blogger's home raided for evidence surrounding $5,000.00 P

Advertisement

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    Gawker the (owner of) Gizmodo has said many times they believe in "Pay For" Stories which tends to invite some funny things. So I guess now they may be really paying for the "Pay Anything to get" Story.

Should be interesting if we ever do get to read about the real story start to finish.

PIN/ID
    ask
    I don't think the blogger in question is in trouble at the end of the day. Plus, all the media attn surrounding this post and Gizmodo is good for them anyways.

Capdot no está en línea Stack level 5
    Soon Steve Jobs will be sending the Feds to your house for jailbreaking your phone.

Ridiculous.

PIN/ID
    Retired
    I'm sure they are enjoying all the attention and web site clicks. Who wouldn't like it. Best part is for them it may last for awhile too. They are going to be very popular till it's over (if it's ever over).

Hey Hayden, wanna buy an iPhone 4?

I found one earlier when I was at the store.

PIN/ID
    ask
    err... no thanks. That may be the one that someone died over already. How much is a scoop really worth... hmmm

PIN/ID
    Retired
    I feel sorry for the Apple employee, he is going to be branded for life (possibly). It's a tough spot to be in and I hope he does not end up jobless. His birthday and all, it's not unheard of for anyone to loose/misplace an item. I realize it a big mistake but I just hope he comes out ok from it.

"I hope he doesn't come out JOBLESS"

Lol

I see what you did there.

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    From several of the stories I read, there's a chance the warrant was invalid in the first place. If so, I smell a civil suit. Besides, how is all of this really helping Apple? I've never believed the adage about "no publicity is bad publicity". Seems to be more of a pride thing with them at the moment. Someone was able to get a new piece of technology and circumvent Apple's usual beta/prototype testing circus and Apple is pissed.

planneau no está en línea Stack level 5
    This all seems like more iphone 4 publicity to me. COME ON; REALLY!
    Apple just need to except the fact that there baby got out.

I think this was planned from the beginning anyway. Apple is so hush hush, why in the world would they let a secret product out the lab? If thats not the case, then the guy who lost it is an idiot for taking out of the lab and needs to be fired.

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    I wonder how this will turn out. There is always the freedom of the press side of it, question ois will a blogger be considered to be the same as a reporer, if he is then his information/equipment should not have been raided. How would this compare to a reporte from USA Today, or The New York Times?

They should not have given the name and details of the guy that "lost" the Iphone

My only concern is this may set a president and curtail the freedom of the press down the road to report the truth, not quite the same as wWtergate, however if that happened today their homes could be invaded to find and surpress the source

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    I think the best part is that before it was sold to giz, someone tried to contact Apple and return it but they basically were sloughed off. If Apple was not so secretive even within their own company then they may have gotten it back before all the juicy details were leaked.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    To address the comments that Apple would have never let this device outside the lab, they do send these units out with people to give them a real-world test. I fully believe it's possible that someone had one and lost it. It's only damaging Apple and Job's image going to such lengths to say, "It's ours and we're pissed someone got it".

chknlomein no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24646FEB
    Poor Apple Employee...

I'm going to agree with srl7741 on him being branded now.

Living in Chicago, this guy is officially the Steve Bartman of Apple Inc.

+ Reply to Thread