+ Reply to Thread

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...ile-s-HTC-HD7!... Smartphone News forum

Article: Full Specs released for T-Mobile's HTC HD7!

Advertisement

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    $799 retail is unreal Customers on the Even more plan will have to pay retail if they want this phone. Is it worth it ????

ventz no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by pdxmatts View Post
    $799 retail is unreal Customers on the Even more plan will have to pay retail if they want this phone. Is it worth it ????
    And $600-700 for the iphone is real? Or what about $580-600 for the Nexus One?

My view is that:
    1.) smartphones have become portable computers
    2.) manufacturers are using that and their actual cost to crank up the cost to just about the cost of a laptop.

rdills no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    Quote Originally Posted by pdxmatts View Post

Looking at the specs, and considering all the bugs it will have from running a new OS, nope!
    You can't learn anything if you're talking!

Oops! Meant to say the Even More Plus Plan.

SeRViiCiiO no está en línea Stack level 5
    $700!!?? No thanks!

ventz no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    N/A
    rdills -- say it was absolutely perfect. Would you still buy it?

I bought the nexus one after doing research for a month+, and I bought it with the thought that I will return it. I just wanted to spend a week and play with it to see what it had improved over the previous 2 android phones and 3 iPhones I had owned. At the end of the day, it was nice, it had it's faults (quite a few), and it simply wasn't worth more than $200 or so.

My view is that for a smartphone, $150-$250 ($250 being a lot) is acceptable. Not cheap, but acceptable. But anything more is simply robbery.

rdills no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    Quote Originally Posted by ventz View Post
    rdills -- say it was absolutely perfect. Would you still buy it?

I bought the nexus one after doing research for a month+, and I bought it with the thought that I will return it. I just wanted to spend a week and play with it to see what it had improved over the previous 2 android phones and 3 iPhones I had owned. At the end of the day, it was nice, it had it's faults (quite a few), and it simply wasn't worth more than $200 or so.

My view is that for a smartphone, $150-$250 ($250 being a lot) is acceptable. Not cheap, but acceptable. But anything more is simply robbery.

No, I still wouldn't buy it because the specs just aren't ground breaking. At the time when the N1 was released, its specs was off the charts, so dropping $500+ could be justified. And its Android!
    But I agree, $200 to $250 is what they're worth, but sadly we always pay more for our hobby. I just keep a little savings fund on the side for it.
    You can't learn anything if you're talking!

+ Reply to Thread