+ Reply to Thread

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...-Piracy-Is-Bad... Smartphone News forum

rdills no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?

Article: Fake “Walk And Text” App Reminds You That Piracy Is Bad

Advertisement

You can't learn anything if you're talking!

siver no está en línea Stack level 3
    This is priceless and a good, nay, great warning to all.

Thanks for sharing rdills.

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Thanks rdills.
    Unfortunately there are others. I hope Google is successful with its attempt to "control" the apps (considering the open source philosophy its gonna be hard) and puts a stop to this.
    But my grannies advice still prevails: "What is cheap or free comes with a price. You just don´t know when the bill in kind or in cash will arrive."

Drasadex no está en línea Stack level 3
    Very interesting article. Funny how it tells you "don't forget to buy this app from the Market".
    Last edited by Drasadex; 03-31-2011 at 09:41 PM.

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    Free is good. Stop your whining. Now go make me more apps

RemyKirin no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask me
    while this isnt a real big issue with bb, i still think there is possibly something they can get in trouble for, displaying a warning to the user itself and locking u out of the app is one thing but accessing your phone info and sending mass txts to everyone on your contact list is a privacy violation, in itself sounds like a hack, and they can and probably will get sued. I imagine MS would've done something similar if they had the legal option to do so, but as it stands if you steal windows all they can do is have an application (WGA) lock you out of the computer till you buy it they cant download your info or cost you money by say having windows take all your email addresses and send mass emails out or cause harm to you in any way than suing you or press charges. Same as you cant torture someone that broke into your house till the cops show up, sure it might be justified but not legal. They cant retrieve info from your computer legally otherwise everyone that stole windows since the inception of (WGA) would have there MAC and IP addresses sent to microsoft. This application is the equivalent of a worm. There are already tons of laws on the books for companies that are victims of piracy to pursue through the legal system, this is shady and wrong. They actively send out a version of their application that does something other than just what it was advertised to do, and with the added violation of potentially causing harm. They are risking much legally to make a point. If you dont want people to pirate your copyright material then go through the proper channels add security to your software, make the software license activate based on each individual imei code on the phone or something.

ventz no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by RemyKirin View Post
    while this isnt a real big issue with bb... activate based on each individual imei code on the phone or something.
    Completely agree. Their way of "dealing" with this problem is by doing something completely illegal ... :start-sacrasm: great solution guys (two thumbs up) :end-sarcasm:
    Last edited by ventz; 04-02-2011 at 01:48 AM.

jhutton12 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    7BB5F94A
    This is truly insane to not to say the least !

+ Reply to Thread