+ Reply to Thread

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...7-Device-Today... Smartphone News forum

Article: Did YOU get a Windows Phone 7 Device Today??

Advertisement

Drasadex no está en línea Stack level 3
    No Windows phone for me. I'll stay with the BlackBerry Torch. But it would be interesting to hear what other people think about it though.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    I can't get one right now but the only one that I like is the LG Quantum on AT&T.

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Yes, it would be interesting to know. Whether I get one for this purpose ? Nah !
    Once bitten twice shy...it will take a lot of convincing!

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    As a gadget freak, I would like to use one for a while, just to see.
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

ventz no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by chokem View Post
    As a gadget freak, I would like to use one for a while, just to see.
    :nod: --> i just want to be able to play with it for a few hours to get an impression.

Either way, I doubt it will be amazing as it just came out. Now the software fixes fill follow. Then the additions. Then the outside apps, and then the hardware revision. Then the next OS update, and then the NEXT hardware revision will be competitive --- but just keep in mind at that point the competitors will have done the same.

Capdot no está en línea Stack level 5
    Once it has better mutitasking capabilities, copy and paste then maybe I would think about purchasing a Windows 7 phone.

Maybe.

ventz no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    N/A
    So now I am officially not impressed. After spending 20 minutes, it reminds me of the second (fine, maybe 3rd) Android device (cool concepts, but poorly implemented and quite buggy). It can be summarized into:

1.) "an ok-to-crappy phone, with a few cool ideas, which Microsoft has managed to make complicate as usual and bog down.

2.) Yes, everything is on the "tiles", but from there you run into two problems: many many screens/sub-screen (scroll to the right, scroll to the right, scroll to the right). This is "typical" microsoft though. Lag. Lag lag lag. Sometimes the screen seems unresponsive, and at other times, it jumps (browser page pinch resize, or double tap). I am not sure if it's because they are going after this insane acceleration/smooth scrolling which is just not necessary, or if the hardware was lagging behind. (keyboard lags too when you type -- it feels like the original myTouch 3G - on tmobile)

3.) For every day use, I am not sure how "simple" it is .The two most popular phone manufacturers currently -- apple and rim -- have realized the importance: functionality and "pretty".

On your "average" day, you need to be able to move around, open quickly, navigate, close, and you need the pretty factor (and yes, BB is lacking there a bit). But with this phone, in order for me to get information about my contacts, the social aggregate, it's like 3+ screens of scrolling to the right and moving. It just seemed annoying to me.

So my conclusion: again, some neat ideas, better hardware is needed, a few revisions of the OS are needed, and they just need some time to hear from users what's liked and what's extremely frustrating. Overall, if anyone used the blackjack and remembers how frustrating it was to navigate and get to the 100+ options -- this reminds me of that.
    (excuse if it's poorly typed, rushing for work)

+ Reply to Thread