+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...tail-Failure-!... Smartphone News forum

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!

Article: BlackBerry PlayBook Retail Failure !

Advertisement

rdills no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    I really like the Playbook. Its a true tablet experience. And that's more than I can say for the market leader in sales! That's important to me because I don't want a smartphone OS slapped on top of tablet hardware. Only Apple can get away with that, because fans of apple will buy anything made by them and love it. The Playbook just needs a little time for the software, and the market to mature much like the Motorola Xoom.

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    ... here´s hoping. I "played" with one today, again, and incidentally. It´s actually a great tablet. Ingenious little bugger ....!

jhutton12 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    7BB5F94A
    So are you planning to get one Delfim? Playbook is really catching a bad rap on different websites.

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    ... I've still got a very big soft spot for BB. I'll see how it pans out, especially when it integrates fully with Android apps. At least it has a different OS as rdills says. And that alone makes it interesting.

lak611 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    no more
    Quote Originally Posted by delfim View Post
    ... here´s hoping. I "played" with one today, again, and incidentally. It´s actually a great tablet. Ingenious little bugger ....!
    Have you tried a Xoom? If so, how would you compare the Playbook to the Xoom?

Is flash better on the Playbook or the Xoom?

SGZrazberry no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Just ask
    Ive had it since day one and it kicks the *** of my wifes ipad as far as browsing experience goes...By the end of the summer, with the integration of the android apps, this will be the best thing on the market.
    godsdameatIluvdezlittleboxes

The answer to everything?...BBSAK http://rimgeeks.com/viewtopic.php?f=62&t=56

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Quote Originally Posted by lak611 View Post
    Have you tried a Xoom? If so, how would you compare the Playbook to the Xoom?

Is flash better on the Playbook or the Xoom?
    Unfortunately no. The Xoom is not available in Portugal. Actually, there are very few products of Motorola available here. Market doesn´t warrant it apparently...
    There are Xooms available though, but imported from Spain and especially the UK.

But comparing it to the the Samsung Tablet (I have the 10.1" on trial at this moment) I must say this one is really fabulous and better. In all aspects.
    The Playbook scores heavily on the pleasant (and different) UI. It´s a BB somehow. It´s fast, the screen is brilliant, the browser is excellent. It´s different.
    As for the Flash, on both, the rendering of images etc. is not different. As a end user, if there are any differences, they´re not discernible.
    The up and coming apps from Android will make it complete, I think.

PIN/ID
    no more
    I had no idea Motorola does not sell their products in all countries in Europe. If Spain had their products, I'd expect Portugal would have them also. I learned something new.

I'm not in the market for a tablet but I might stop at Best Buy next week to play with a Playbook and a Xoom.

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    I tried the Xoom but i bought the Playbook I find it to be a great little device and integrates brilliantly with the bb. Saves me opening my computer I love it but then i am not looking for something to play games on.

PIN/ID
    no more
    Quote Originally Posted by dushdavj View Post
    I tried the Xoom but i bought the Playbook I find it to be a great little device and integrates brilliantly with the bb. Saves me opening my computer I love it but then i am not looking for something to play games on.
    Cool.

I do not see a use for a tablet, since I own 2 laptops. However, I am interested in comparing the Playbook and the Xoom.

The iPad does not enter the picture for me, since it does not support flash.

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    i also have two laptops, but it is great to be able to do simple things without opening up a computer i am typing from the playbook at the moment

PIN/ID
    no more
    I do too much content creation, rather than content consumption, to use a tablet. Unless the full Office suite, with Pivot Tables, Mail Merge, and templates is available, a tablet will not suit my needs.

I'd need Office Professional, not DocsToGo.

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Quote Originally Posted by lak611 View Post
    I had no idea Motorola does not sell their products in all countries in Europe. If Spain had their products, I'd expect Portugal would have them also. I learned something new.

I'm not in the market for a tablet but I might stop at Best Buy next week to play with a Playbook and a Xoom.
    Let me correct myself. Motorola is present here. But, not all of their products. And definitely not the tablets.
    As I said, we can order from any other EU country, and the guarantees are good.
    And why ? The general feeling here is Motorola´s goods are not good enough and their service is not on par with Nokia, Samsung, LG, HTC etc... and I believe Motorola has this problem in all other EU countries as well. It´s a shame.

PIN/ID
    no more
    Quote Originally Posted by delfim View Post
    Let me correct myself. Motorola is present here. But, not all of their products. And definitely not the tablets.
    As I said, we can order from any other EU country, and the guarantees are good.
    And why ? The general feeling here is Motorola´s goods are not good enough and their service is not on par with Nokia, Samsung, LG, HTC etc... and I believe Motorola has this problem in all other EU countries as well. It´s a shame.
    Thanks for the clarification. It sounds like Motorola is similar in Portugal as Nokia is in the US. We do have Nokia products available here, but mainly regular cell phone and feature phones. We do not have all of the smartphones from Nokia that are available in Europe.

I briefly tried the E71x from AT&T. They never got the regular E71. This was back in 2009.

I just checked Nokia USA's Web site. Currently AT&T does not sell any Nokia smartphones. T-Mobile has the X2-01. That is it as far as major US carriers.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast