+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.php?r=2542-BGR... Smartphone News forum

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator

Article: BGR: BlackBerry Bold 9900 is the best BlackBerry ever

Advertisement

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    WHAT I SAY will be up next monday or tuesday Rog. Picking it up tomorrow at Vodafone for the trial.
    See ya...

They liked it, but said that doesn't mean you should choose it over the i4 or the Galaxy S II.

lak611 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    no more
    Quote Originally Posted by delfim View Post
    WHAT I SAY will be up next monday or tuesday Rog. Picking it up tomorrow at Vodafone for the trial.
    See ya...
    Del, I am especially interested in your critique of the camera. I like to take a lot of close-up pictures, such as pictures of signs in stores, bars, and other places I visit. The autofocus in close up mode on my 9700 is great. When I saw that the 9900 has a fixed focus EDoF camera that was off-putting to me.

Yes, I do own an SLR. However, I am not going to carry a camera with me in a store or a bar.
    Laura

Follow me on Twitter @lak611

planneau no está en línea Stack level 5
    I am very interested in seeing how it will stack up to other OS's. None the less, I will buying the BB touch.

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Since RIM is betting on this horse, my WHAT I SAY will be a bit different. Laura I'll check the camera for you... and I'll compare the OS. Obviously to iOS and Android. I have both.
    The damn OS - from some opinions already formulated, it´s a step up from OS 6, but as always it´s typical RIM - it´s like savoring oysters. It seems there was nothing there...

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    Its all that and a bag of chips from what I have seen!

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    Don't really know what to think. Best bb ever sounds good, but what does it mean?

To me kinda sounds like saying the string quartet on the titanic played their best.....as the ship sank.

I know I sound so negative towards RIM, but its not out of dislike. If Apple or Android were doing the same I'd be on them as well. Honestly I hope that RIM pulls it out, and I'll eat 4 and 20 blackbirds if they do.

chinnoman no está en línea Stack level 1
    Can't wait to get my hands on this new one, still have the 9000. This is the right upgrade for it.

The review pretty much says it all. While it may be the "best BlackBerry ever," it's pretty much the SOS in a shiny, new package.

I'll admit that I'm attracted to this device. Would I give up my i4 for it? I don't know. I can only hope that they've really built this thing well, unlike the Torch which did not impress me with its build quality. Everything I've heard indicates this is a really solid device. If I hadn't gotten impatient (and peer pressure from some friends here on PS ), I most likely would have ended up with a 9900.

PapaMag no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Nadda
    The 9900 would still be my choice, but the little woman informed me last night that it's just a phone and you won't be upgrading. I need to suck up to somebody who will let me test stuff. Man she's a hard woman, but I love her so and she's the one with the dough.

Samsung Galaxy S4
    Asus Nexus 7
    Nook Color

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Y'know its almost 3 am here and I got up especially just to answer you guys.
    Rog, forget it. PEER PRESSURE! Huh? Best phone you've had the i4.
    Craig, your missus is damn right. I hope she loves you too.
    I'm going back to bed.

Quote Originally Posted by delfim View Post
    Y'know its almost 3 am here and I got up especially just to answer you guys.
    Rog, forget it. PEER PRESSURE! Huh? Best phone you've had the i4.
    Craig, your missus is damn right. I hope she loves you too.
    I'm going back to bed.
    Nobody forced you to get up, Del. Good night!

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    ^^^Smartphone junkies.... wait a minute. What does that make me? a trowback cartoon for those who still have faith in RIM.

bmanley no está en línea Stack level 4
    The i4 was not a bad phone but an all touch screen is not for me, plus the way you have to do email is not good. Also I keep my phone for a couple of years and always need a new battery so the last thing I want to do is wait until it goes bad and have to send it off to get replaced.
    Hope the camera works better on the 9900 then it does on my 9800. Focus never seems to work right. When is AT&T going to release the 9900?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast