+ Reply to Thread

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...one-4-in-Vegas... Smartphone News forum

Article: BB 9780 vs iPhone 4 in Vegas?

Advertisement

Capdot no está en línea Stack level 5
    Jesus, mark....

ahem.. You forgot to mention that the 9780 has a trackpad and that the iphone doesn't.

PIN/ID
    Apple
    Inexperience. Lol.

Touch to focus, BB can't do that. HDR, he obviously needed a BB because the features of a iPhone are too much for him. Lol

Who sends files using Bluetooth??? Your 5 MP camera is no where near as good as the 5MP on the iPhone. Don't fool yourself.

Glad you got a kick out of it mark, you're still living in a dream world though. Poke poke.

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    The practicallity of the BB is accentuated. The iPhone is like a convertible. Its a great show off but misses on important needs. Like when it rains and the hood gets jammed...
    Nice Mark.
    I had a similar situation in Monaco years ago. The 3Gs I had was no match for my wife's old BB Curve.

Well, frankly, I'm not an expert on iPhones at all but it seems that whenever I've seen one face-to-face and compared it directly with my last two BB devices (the 9700 and the 9780) the iPhones have not stacked up very well. I've done this with two 3Gs and now two iPhone 4s, one of which belongs to my boss. Granted, the users of those devices may or may not have been experienced, however the devices themselves have been about equal in video ability to the BBs, have been poorer in camera abilities (as demonstrated in Vegas), are much poorer in organizational abilities (calendar, recordkeeping, security), have larger screens but that wash out in bright sunlight. As far as browsers, I've never compared the two. I'm surprised that they have limited Bluetooth to only being able to use with headsets when many modern computer devices and mobile phones are equipped to use Bluetooth to transfer files. It's just a norm that we've come to expect, and most smartphones and even feature phones for the last 7 years can transfer files using it. The microSD issue I don't think is that important, because the iPhones have a lot of memory built in. However, it is convenient to just pull out my microSD and pop it into my Netbook and click copy, but I guess you can plug the iPhone directly into a computer using USB and do the same thing.

Perhaps iPhones are better than BlackBerrys - they certainly sell better. But my practical experience, although limited, is telling me the opposite. I have nothing against Apple at all, as a matter of fact I'll be first in line to tell you that the iPhone is the most important mobile device to be introduced ever - it changed the way we think about mobile devices, it revolutionized our UI experience, and it outsells pancakes. Android exists only because something needed to challenge the iPhone. However, in practical use, they don't seem to stand up to my Bolds.

+ Reply to Thread