+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is ludacris!!!!! I have been with tmo for almost 10 yrs. I hope this ... Smartphone News forum

jg1thomas no está en línea Stack level 2

Advertisement

This is ludacris!!!!! I have been with tmo for almost 10 yrs. I hope this does not happen cause I don't mind bragging when my friends and family complain about their plan prices. I guess I'll have to go to verizon cause I will not stay and become part of at&t especially when their prices get even higher and no unlimited data plan on the junky iPhone. The iphone is not a pro to going to at&t but just a popularity winning phone. Its nice but has so many bugs and glitches its not worth the hassle. Apple, just like Microsoft, is constantly releasing products and software when they know there are numerous things wrong with them and then you have to go through the trouble of sending it back to get fixed or download another version of yet faulty in some other catagory crap! Good luck to all those who stay. And good luck to all those who have or get the iJunk and try using it on a huge companies congested network!

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    If you can't beat them let them buy you out.

Just in time for the iPhone 5 Tmo freaks
    What's the matter? CIA's got you pushing too many pencils?

PIN/ID
    Apple
    Quote Originally Posted by jg1thomas View Post
    This is ludacris!!!!! I have been with tmo for almost 10 yrs. I hope this does not happen cause I don't mind bragging when my friends and family complain about their plan prices. I guess I'll have to go to verizon cause I will not stay and become part of at&t especially when their prices get even higher and no unlimited data plan on the junky iPhone. The iphone is not a pro to going to at&t but just a popularity winning phone. Its nice but has so many bugs and glitches its not worth the hassle. Apple, just like Microsoft, is constantly releasing products and software when they know there are numerous things wrong with them and then you have to go through the trouble of sending it back to get fixed or download another version of yet faulty in some other catagory crap! Good luck to all those who stay. And good luck to all those who have or get the iJunk and try using it on a huge companies congested network!

This coming from someone who has a Android, and you wan to talk bugs, LMAO.
    I own both, just so you know before you respond.

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    Quote Originally Posted by jg1thomas View Post
    You might want to take a look at this-
    http://www.bgr.com/2011/03/18/apples...to-last-place/
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

spazzamuzz no está en línea Stack level 1

It would be a bad idea to sell to att

I know for a fact that this is a very bad deal to have att purchase t-mobile.. Firstly its scarce knowing att dont have the 39 billion upfront to pay for the company. Secondyly, Having consumers pay higher prices once t-moiles contracts are up to to repay the debt to ratio that was spent on the purchase of T-mobile. Thirdly, watch out! You will be on the next unemployment list because att will definately be closing a lot of att and t-mobile storest that overlap eachother.. Fourthly- A lot of stockholders would have to sell just to get outta being with att or t-mobile- Fifthly--- Well say Good bye to a lot of the Corporate/District Managers! Sixthly! Employess that are left from being fired, better say goodbye to their retirement and 401k's Because att will have to use the funds to pay for the Merge! So it is ill advised to not sell T-mobile to a company that just cant dish out 39bill upfront! If it happens. IF I WERE U! hurry up and switch cell phone carriers after your contracts are up! Because its a known fact prices are up for inflation!

iMacj no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    3070F784
    Well it certainly is an interesting debate. I for one do believe that t-mobile is at the very least a thorn in the side. Once Verizon had the iPhone, att needed an immediate response and here it is, a month later. As we have seen in the past; in the computer industry, the best way to beat a competitor it to buy them. With 4 major competitors now becoming three and one of them buying out another, gives them a huge chunk of market share they didn't have. Once the deal is done, att will have inherited a huge addition to their customer base.
    Why would att buy t-mobile for any reason other than profit and market share? To say t-mobile wasn't a threat is to say they weren't a competitor. It's apparent that senior execs see it as a growing problem in the future. Therefore, what better way to "solve", their problem than to buy it. My contract expired in Dec. We have multiple unlocked phones the family uses and t-mobile has always been so flexible, which is why I stayed on board since about 2003.
    I'm not sure if i should lock in on a contract now, or continue on and see how things play out. With no contract I won't be locked to them if the deal seals and they can not take my phone numbers.

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    Quote Originally Posted by delfim View Post
    People are fickle !
    Companies like AT&T and TMO aren't. They present the customer base an alternative, and everyone has a choice. What should be looked into is the formation of monopolies. I don't think this is the case, since there is s great variety of providers to choose from. Good and bad.
    What I question is the amount of money and who pays for it. There is so much being thrown around and distributed amongst the loan sharks, banks, lawyers, CEO's, commissions to all and sundry, and who pays for it all ? Call it new junk bonds, new capital issues, whatever. And maybe one day we're all facing a Lehmann Brothers and Citibank etc bailout...
    And we the fickle pay to finance all this crap, again.
    And that's what has to be known and controlled.
    For the rest, they can go all out and swallow each other up. And be damned for all I care...
    I have made several great points made n this thread, but the bottom line is TM made the decision to sell to ATT, they weren't forced. The monopoly crap irratates me as well, but having never been a TM customer, I cant see their side of the fence. I worked for ATT for 7 yrs and have stuck it out with my phone(s) there for many years. Everyone's looking to make money, bottom line is to get the best you can with what you have available to you, and deal with the rest, as best as you can. Whining about it, is not going to help!
    THBASSMAN

Carpe Diem!!

thbassmanatpinstackdotcom

Check this out!!! Mobiletropolis

My TORCH Rocks!

Capdot no está en línea Stack level 5
    First off capdot try reading more than just one article and acting like you know everything ive read at least 6 or 7 different articles that examine each part of this situation
    lol

tmobile was a very real threat to att they were the only other gsm provider
    To say t-mobile wasn't a threat is to say they weren't a competitor.

Not a threat.

AT&T did compete with Tmobile the same way a healthy adult male competes with a small child.

RemyKirin no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask me
    Quote Originally Posted by Capdot View Post

Not a threat.

AT&T did compete with Tmobile the same way a healthy adult male competes with a small child.
    Awesome post you really put them in their place with all your backed up viewpoints! Well played sir!
    ----
    "If you aren't remembered, then you never existed." – Arisu

"I'm watching a dream I'll never wake up from.." - Spike Spiegel

PIN/ID
    nada
    +1 no threat-ever.
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Wow, we haven't had a discussion like this one for ages on PS. Ain't that something?
    I just wished more serious concerns would be addressed the same way.
    Coming back to this discussion, let me add some cultural reference: Shakespeare's play: "Much Ado About Nothing."
    Get it guys?
    Last edited by Delfim; 03-24-2011 at 08:07 PM.

PIN/ID
    nada
    Del, let us have our fun. Better yet, join in the fracus!
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Go ahead...Dont mind me !
    As for joining ? Nah....said ´nuff already. Out of battery power !

iMacj no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    3070F784
    .....and when that 8 year old kid took down the healthy adult male with one swift kick in the nuts....he hit the ground like any other would. At least that's how the recent TV commercials show it. LOL!

Their infrastructure is huge and the company as a WHOLE would never be threatened by T-Mobile. However, in the mobile phone market, they certainly are. It is very clear that they are not winning the mobile phone competition. This is their golden opportunity to take a lead over Verizon.

Come to think of it didn't Verizon form from disbanded att phone companies during the first monopoly breakup? Ever take an att phone outside the US? I have done so along with my personal phone on T-Mobile. Europe, Asia, Canada and Australia. There was absolutely no difference in call quality, texting or BB Messaging. Until the bill came. Sure glad the att bill was on the company.

It's always interesting when people publish mere unsubstantiated thoughts. Last I read T-Mobile has almost 34 Million US subscribers. According to the article below published by AP on 3/21, att has about 95 million US subscribers. Over 1/3 of the GSM market share and growing is not a threat? Really?
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/42181927...s-us_business/

Here's another interesting piece of news, which for the price T-Mobile offers on data plans, may have swung a few million more into the fold.
    http://www.telegeography.com/cu/arti...551&email=html

I'm very sorry to see T-Mobile go in the US, and I just want the best deal for my money. I won't expect to find it at att. Of course they do have DSL and Uverse, another 2 products that fall way short of my expectations for value.

Capdot no está en línea Stack level 5
    Awesome post you really put them in their place with all your backed up viewpoints! Well played sir!
    .....and when that 8 year old kid took down the healthy adult male with one swift kick in the nuts....he hit the ground like any other would. At least that's how the recent TV commercials show it. LOL!
    It's always interesting when people publish mere unsubstantiated thoughts. Last I read T-Mobile has almost 34 Million US subscribers. According to the article below published by AP on 3/21, att has about 95 million US subscribers. Over 1/3 of the GSM market share and growing is not a threat? Really?
    So far in this thread I have read that Tmobile was a threat to ATT because;
    1. Someone read more articles on the subject.
    2. Tmobiles UMA technology.
    3. A familiar scene from Americas Funniest Home Videos.
    and last but not least
    4. A link explaining ATT's 95 million customer base and Tmobiles almost 34 million customer base.

If you want substantiated thought I will pull one from the article you posted;

Like Sprint, T-Mobile has been struggling to compete with much larger rivals AT&T and Verizon Wireless, and its revenue has been largely flat for three years. Bellevue, Wash.-based T-Mobile USA's subscriber count has stalled at just under 34 million, though it posts consistent profits.
    As far as I know, Tmobile has been the cheapest option out there, but were they a big threat to ATT or Verizon based on the fact that they have UMA and cheaper data plans? I don't think so. If it did matter, Tmobile would be in a better place than they are now. That is obvious.

Once Verizon had the iPhone, att needed an immediate response and here it is
    Seriously?

I would have thought that ATT going to to HTC and Motorola and asking for higher end Android phones was the answer to that? I guess your right though..... If you cant have the iPhone might as well have UMA cause people are lining up around the block for that technology.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast