+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Nobody said anything about better culture... #6391... Smartphone News forum

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?

Advertisement

Nobody said anything about better culture...

lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Sorry. I should have said richer...
    catstide likes this.

planneau no está en línea Stack level 5
    You guys crack me up. My brother has a 5, I didn't have a chance to talk to him yesterday about the 5s.

The question is; do it having a 64bit chip, Slow motion vid capture, and a fingerprint reader worth you switching so soon? I think there is a large number of folks with the 4s that didn't get the 5 and was holding out for the 5s. Then you have the folks like me that like brand new tech. So there will be a larger number of 5s sold.

And who plays Xfinity blade on that small screen anyway. I call it a waste of a good game.
    Last edited by planneau; 09-11-2013 at 10:32 AM.

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    I still see little in this device to woo happy android users away.

I'm not going to say its not good. I've got a headache already and not interested in making it worse. I'll spout my take and you can keep it or leave it.

I doubt this 2x performance increase. Even if that's accurate what are we talking about, seconds or microseconds. I always see statements like that as hype to grab an uninformed buyers attention. I doubt the difference in speed is going to be that noticeable. I say this as a broad statement coveting not only Apples CPU architecture but all. Will it be smoother? That's a matter of perception and not truely measurable. Unless iOS has become janky, and I don't recall hearing anything about it. Even so that's software. Nothing within iOS needs that. I'll say the sane regarding 2.2 GHz within the Note.

The camera sounds nice, with software resembling HDR I've used, however HDR composites mm multiple pics instead of picking "the best one".

I think one issue that sort of rubs me the wrong way is that the 5C is for those that "can't afford" a 5s. That wording irritates the hell out of me. I guess because for so long one of the fanboys arguments have been that some purchase android because they can't afford an iPhone. As if they're peasents who would never WANT an android, but have to settle. This (in my mind) seems to be registering similarly with the 5c. I'm wondering if a rift will do when two users bump into each other. An iPhone economic dipstick?

I think on the surface the 5c may be a good idea. Certainly attractive device. I'm just not sure if its attempt to broaden installed base will be successful. Basically its saying "get yesterday's iPhone in a new wrapper." If that's inaccurate why are 5's being discontinued with the 4s remaining as a free on contract option. Because obviously having a 5 as a free option (or cheaper) canabalizes 5c sales. I don't know, if I had a desire for an less expensive device I'd choose a 5 over a 5c, and I wouldn't like having that option yanked from me. It remains to be seen if this is just happening with the introduction of the C series, or if next year you'll see the same with the 5s disappearing when a 6c is releases, or whenever/whatever S series are released.

Like I said, just my impressions, so don't go looking for an internet pissing contest.. You win.

BP41 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    7B47F4DA
    Low cost buyers. That's plain to see with android. We're not talking about flagship phones here. A lot of these do want a the new iPhone but yet, don't want or can't pay the money for one. So they get the new(to this year) Android that's free or $99. Same with the new Flagship Androids. Some would like one, but settle for the one they can afford.

What Apples done with the C model is give users a new(to this year)iPhone at a low cost. Will the C woo android some android users away. Most certainly. Will it gain a lot of new users to the smartphone market. Yes, it will.

Will Apple lose a few to Android because they didn't release a gigantic screen iPhone. Of course they will.

The he question is wether the iPhone 5C will do well in the Asia market. I think it will. But only time will tell.

PapaMag no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Nadda
    As I see it the C model is kinda what BB was trying to do when they introduced the flip. Low end bring on those that couldn't afford. Obviously the C model will probably be more popular than the flip was

TeriO no está en línea Stack level 3
    It will not surprise me if Apple decides to start phasing out more of the older model iPhones with the release of the 5c. I have an iPhone 5 (yes I am getting the 5s) and it would not make sense for me to get a 5c. However, I also have friends with a 4 and for them, the 5c would be a good jump forward.

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    http://www.nytimes.com/2013/09/12/te...sive.html?_r=0

Well unless this changes with a signing, the 5C isn't THAT much cheaper in China.

Subject to a deal...

bmay82 no está en línea Stack Professional
    Seeing as I don't have an UG until December of 2014.....I will be taking advantage of Verizons new Edge program to get a nice new 5S as soon as it's available. AND I CAN'T FREAKING WAIT!!!!
    Apple iPhone 5C 16gb (Green)

Follow Me on Twitter

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12