+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By dushdavj
  • 1 Post By lak611
  • 1 Post By dushdavj
  • 1 Post By lak611
  • 1 Post By dushdavj

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...Youngest-Champ... Smartphone News forum

lak611 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    no more

Article: Wordament’s Youngest Champ

Advertisement

Laura

Follow me on Twitter @lak611

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    When my children were young I used to read them a bedtime story every night. When they went to school they would bring back a book from which they should read. We thought our daughter was a child prodigy in the fact that she had been able learn to read really quickly she was but not how we expected. She had a photographic memory and she memorized the position of the word and what the word was in the book, if the word was written somewhere else she didn't know what it was. It became very difficult to actually teach her to read by the composition of the word itself. It did however leave her with a love for books. What is the point of this story, not everything is as it seems. How many child prodigies in science mathematics etc go on to be brilliant scientists? It is all about development everyone develops at different rates, after all if great minds all thought alike there wouldn't be many patents and the world would be at a standstill, if everyone was an inventor there would be no-one to build the invention.
    lak611 likes this.

PIN/ID
    no more
    Dave, you're right. I learned to read when I was only four. My parents also got library books and read me bedtime stories every night. I took honors' English classes throughout high school and had very high PSAT, SAT, and GRE scores. My actual verbal ability is not reflected in my scores in the Wordament game.
    dushdavj likes this.
    Laura

PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Quote Originally Posted by lak611 View Post
    Dave, you're right. I learned to read when I was only four. My parents also got library books and read me bedtime stories every night. I took honors' English classes throughout high school and had very high PSAT, SAT, and GRE scores. My actual verbal ability is not reflected in my scores in the Wordament game.
    Laura, you sound like my daughter she is currently completing her honors English degree. To have a love of books whether it be electronic or hard back is something that is a great foundation in life.
    lak611 likes this.
    Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful, and optimistic. And we will change the world. - Jack Layton (1950-2011)
    Blackberry PlayBook 64GB Nokia 1020, Microsoft Surface PRO 2

PIN/ID
    no more
    Quote Originally Posted by dushdavj View Post
    Laura, you sound like my daughter she is currently completing her honors English degree. To have a love of books whether it be electronic or hard back is something that is a great foundation in life.
    I also worked in the local public library when I was in high school and college. I still love books and prefer actual hard back books, rather than e-books; although I do have the Amazon Kindle app installed on my Lumia 900 and also have the OverDrive app for library e-books installed on my Lumia 900.
    dushdavj likes this.
    Laura

PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Nice thing about hardcovers is they don't have flat batteries. Learning to turn pages may be difficult though
    lak611 likes this.
    Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful, and optimistic. And we will change the world. - Jack Layton (1950-2011)
    Blackberry PlayBook 64GB Nokia 1020, Microsoft Surface PRO 2

+ Reply to Thread