+ Reply to Thread

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...ows-Phone-Apps... Smartphone News forum

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!

Article: Windows Phone Apps

Advertisement

KTW
    KTW no está en línea Stack level 5
    i thought that once you got a lumia, we would see more news about windows Mobile, looks like i was right...keep it coming!

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    KTW, Windows Phone Apps has been a weeky posted article for months already, save one or another week when there was nothing worthwhile.
    Where have you been?

Capdot no está en línea Stack level 5
    That whole UI reminds me of one big widget. It looks interesting to me though.

but,

everytime I picked one up at the store, I always walked away with the impression that I would tire from that interface in a week or two...

You should buy me one, KTW.

Del, how is the day to day usage?

Is it rewarding to use, do you find yourself reaching for it with glee in the mornings?

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Cap, all that...the Live Tiles are far more interesting than widgets...it's nice to to jump directly to an app without having to go to the drawer or sliding through home pages.
    So far so good...

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    So far I agree with Del 100%

KTW
    Quote Originally Posted by Capdot View Post
    That whole UI reminds me of one big widget. It looks interesting to me though.

but,

everytime I picked one up at the store, I always walked away with the impression that I would tire from that interface in a week or two...

You should buy me one, KTW.

Del, how is the day to day usage?

Is it rewarding to use, do you find yourself reaching for it with glee in the mornings?
    I agree...I must buy you one. it will be easier if I send you money to purchase one, what are your banking details ? I'll have my Nigerian friends do the transfer right away

also on an unrelated topic, how much money do you have in your account ?

KTW
    ok let me post this before I get banned for a phishing. keep your password safe at all times.

bmanley no está en línea Stack level 4
    I'm liking the Nokia but not sold on it yet

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    bmanley, if you're looking for message alert tones you can use any of the thousands available by Android or even BB. All you have to do is copy paste the ones you like (probably BB).
    When you connect your Lumia to the PC (Windows?) you'll find the phone identified in the Windows Explorer. Double click this, and you'll have access to various folders on the phone, and one of them is Ringtones. Simply copy paste the mp3 ringtones or message tones from the PC to this folder and you'll then find the tones in your settings for Sounds on the Lumia.

KTW
    any idea if Nokia still has the promotion of beat a windows phone doing a task and win $100 and if you loose you can trade your old brick/rock for a brand new lumia ?

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    That was long ago. Nokia doesn't have to do that any more. It's a proven fact.

bmanley no está en línea Stack level 4
    Delfim, I can do ringtones that way but I can't find a way to add tones for text or email alerts. The text tones they have suck. The one thing I miss for sure here is also berrybuzz. I liked to set my missed calls and text messages to remind me so if I missed the first alert it would remind me. If I'm out and miss the tone the first time I don't want to have to take the phone off my belt all day to see if I missed something. I only had bbuzz on the 9900 and not the Z10, yet

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Yeah I see your point. The alert tones are "stuck".
    The live Telephone Tile will let you know about missed calls. Same for the sms or e-mail live tile.
    BerryBuzz was one of the very few good apps BB had going for them. It also took a bit of time for me to get used to the fact that I can't have it any more. But that was years ago.
    Ok, let me guide you to another app you'll find useful. ConnectivityShortcuts. Useful. Try it.

KTW
    Quote Originally Posted by Delfim View Post
    KTW, Windows Phone Apps has been a weeky posted article for months already, save one or another week when there was nothing worthwhile.
    Where have you been?

Im sorry, not thinking straight, I have a bad memory, it's normal, it happens with age. eventually you start to get so old that you start to forget things.

+ Reply to Thread