+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...-Windows-Phone... Smartphone News forum

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!

Article: Windows Phone: A Tombstone In The Making? Already?

Advertisement

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    Stopped reading at the "at least it wasn't a blantant ripoff like android". To me all credibility or respect of opinion went out the window right there.

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Matt is a iPhone fanboy. We know that. Anything else out of that environment is... Well, it doesn't cut it. And I edited a lot of his comments... He can't help himself. I'm sure he gets well supported by Cupertino. But the consensus out there is the terrible Lumia's display. A poor showing... I'm disappointed.

Capdot no está en línea Stack level 5
    Same here. Read some reviews and was disappointed. Damnit Microsoft! You should know by now...

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    They really do need to drop "Windows" from the name of any mobile device.

lak611 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    no more
    I still plan to get the Lumia 900, and I'll review it when I get it.

In all fairness, I don't think anyone considers the Xbox to be a failure, even if Microsoft has spent a lot of money on it over the years.

As for Bing, I actually use it as my default search engine in Opera and Firefox for Linux, as well as for Windows. I stopped using Google search even before Google changed its privacy policy. I also like Bing Maps better than Google Maps.

The only reason I use Gmail is because it is the only free option for IMAP; all of the other e-mail accounts that are free are POP3. If another free e-mail account is available that offers IMAP, I'll drop Gmail too. I never see the ads in Gmail, since I use a mail client, not webmail.

I have the Chromium browser installed for Linux and the Chrome browser installed for Windows. However, I've been using Opera as my default browser both in Linux and Windows.

Google products are not necessarily better, but are just more popular or free in many cases. By this, I am referring to software, not hardware, and mainly referring to desktop products, not mobile products. I do not have an opinion on Android software, since I have not used an Android device.
    Laura

Follow me on Twitter @lak611

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Well Laura, if you're still getting it, let us know... I was actually thinking of you when I read the reviews.
    I'm going to experiment with one as soon as I can get my hands on one. But, right now, I'm disappointed. I do however recognize that most of the reviewers are not Windows fans, so maybe there is a bit of biased reporting.
    But just the fact that all of them converge on the criticism of the screen quality is demonstrative of the low quality invested in this smartphone. I can't understand why. The Lumia 800 was a good smartphone. The 900 should have stepped up the quality. At least.
    This is really disappointing.

PIN/ID
    no more
    Quote Originally Posted by delfim View Post
    Well Laura, if you're still getting it, let us know... I was actually thinking of you when I read the reviews.
    I'm going to experiment with one as soon as I can get my hands on one. But, right now, I'm disappointed. I do however recognize that most of the reviewers are not Windows fans, so maybe there is a bit of biased reporting.
    But just the fact that all of them converge on the criticism of the screen quality is demonstrative of the low quality invested in this smartphone. I can't understand why. The Lumia 800 was a good smartphone. The 900 should have stepped up the quality. At least.
    This is really disappointing.
    This reviewer had issues with some other areas, but not with the display.

It looks like the HTC Titan II will be out the same day as the Nokia Lumia 900, so I could always go with the HTC Titan II instead.
    Laura

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Good choice. That one I know.

PIN/ID
    no more
    Good choice. That one I know.
    I'll check out both when I go to the store next week. I just checked one website and did a side-by-side comparison of the specs. It appears that the screen resolution of the Nokia and HTC is the same, the difference being AMOLED display in the Nokia and S-LCD in the HTC.

I've also noticed that the Nokia offers free turn-by-turn GPS, but the HTC does not. If I had to pay for Telenav that might be a deal-breaker, especially since the HTC is $100 more than the Nokia with a 2-year contract.

The other thing I've noticed is that the Nokia has a larger battery than the HTC. I do not have LTE yet, but it is coming by summer. I know LTE tends to really drain the battery during some apps, like streaming video. So that is another thing I will have to consider.

I will look at both devices next week, and a review of whichever one I get will be forthcoming.
    Laura

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Good luck then. Or...just hang on for something better. I will not mention a Android nor a iOS. I know you'll take my head off...
    But I may dare...Look at the Galaxy Nexus while you there.

PIN/ID
    no more
    Good luck then. Or...just hang on for something better. I will not mention a Android nor a iOS. I know you'll take my head off...
    But I may dare...Look at the Galaxy Nexus while you there.
    I'd actually consider the Galaxy Nexus, but it's not available for AT&T yet, and there is no official word on when it's coming. This old BB 9700 is getting painful to use.

I see the Galaxy S II Skyrocket is available, so I'll check that one out.
    Laura

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    I looked at that one, Laura. Nice looking phone. Demo model didn't work, though, so I stuck with my iPhone.

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Ok the SII is great. But the SIII is around the corner... You can wait a little longer.

KTW
    KTW no está en línea Stack level 5
    you now what windows needs ? to put a desktop operating system on a phone, I'd love the idea of having windows XP professional on a phone, just a touch screen version instead of a mouse. boy...top notch for that!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast