+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree7Likes

Originally Posted by jfcooley Wait, what? There ya go Blackberry. You know you've screwed the ... Smartphone News forum

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by jfcooley View Post
    Wait, what?

There ya go Blackberry. You know you've screwed the pooch now.

Wow. Congrats on the new device.
    It is a very solid phone, a bit big, shame there is no option for a SDCard, not much battery life I will see how I get on with it.
    Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful, and optimistic. And we will change the world. - Jack Layton (1950-2011)
    Blackberry PlayBook 64GB Nokia 1020, Microsoft Surface PRO 2

PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    My office phone is still a blackberry . Whilst I was in Denver several people were using the Z10 and the girl that sold me the Nokia was using the Q10, I wavered slightly seeing the Q10 and the size, then I remembered Del's reviews of all the different phones and bit the bullet. Of course the Microsoft servers are giving problems so easy-mail is not working. I am impressed by the sound quality, and Excel, Word PowerPoint are all amazing.

KTW
    KTW no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by Delfim View Post
    Dave, the Man, the Expatriate! Expatriated BlackBerry - finally!
    Geez, I do have some influence on PinStack...lol admit it! Well Dave, enjoy it!

Our buddy bmanley is pondering the purchase as well, and privately, he has been asking me questions, and I just finished writing him this opinion. I'm sure he won't mind me copy/paste my answer to one of his queries. Here goes:

I'm glad Dave! When BlackBerry lost you, they've now lost everything.
    so if I'm considering a lumia the best time to purchase due to the update is just after the end of this year ?

the thing is I really really don't trust OTAs, Android taught me that OTAs are bad...very bad, or just ics is bad, but still I do not trust OTAs at all.

can't believe I'd go back to Windows after using Windows mobile 6.5 standard for two years. (it was in my opinion revolutionary back then as switching between the app your on and the previously used app was a breeze. market place back then was....30 apps and about a quarter could work on my device. but one app stands out...opera mini...cant believe it was available for the Windows devices of 2008 but not available for the ones of today...it's madness!

oh yeah...almost forgot...congrats dushdavj! I don't mean this in a bad way but you have finally got a device that is from the 21st century. please let me know how it's going with the Microsoft servers.
    Last edited by KTW; 08-15-2013 at 03:33 AM.

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    KTW, updates aren't bad. Your device is though.....

PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    This is a whole new learning experience, not too bad since at least I am used to Windows. E-mail is back up now and working, but I am trying to figure out how to remove an e-mail account from the phone, not obvious. Whilst in the US I also bought a wireless charging stand, the one Del has at home, doesn't seem to work, or I may be doing something wrong, but searching the web there may be a requirement to have the wireless charging back on the phone, which will be a major pain, since I would have to try and find one. Surprise surprise the 1020 is not for sale in Canada yet and I get blank looks from the techy people with the question "you have a what now??" Rogers has an exclusive on the 920 (only Bell also sell it hmm how is this exclusive?).

Still like it though, editing excel spreadsheets is amazing and Del is correct about signal strength I am getting 4G everywhere (even when my MiFi only shows 3G). Maps are pretty impressive, along with the transit app that comes ready loaded (won't have much use for it in the US especially Tx, but here in Calgary it is working like a dream). So as to not completely leave BB I will try and convince my company to give me a Q10 when it is time to upgrade.
    Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful, and optimistic. And we will change the world. - Jack Layton (1950-2011)
    Blackberry PlayBook 64GB Nokia 1020, Microsoft Surface PRO 2

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    To get rid of an email account go to the email accounts, press and hold the email in question and an option window will open. Press remove. That's it. You can also join all the accounts into one. Quite handy. Just link them.
    The wireless back cover is an accessory. You can order it from the UK. Not expensive at all, considering that it also has NFC functions associated with it. The car holder especially, since it changes the home page profile to driving. Maps, music, telephone and mail/SMS on large and easily seen live tiles.
    Make use of the 7Gb SkyDrive that comes associated with it Dave. Give it a spin. It's seamless and pretty fast.
    When you get around to taking photos and especially video, let us know. And posting them to PS. You'll see how WP really works...
    LTE/4G what did I tell you, hey? Believe it guys!
    Last edited by Delfim; 08-15-2013 at 04:56 PM.

PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Thanks for the info Del. I downloaded the manual and figured some of it out. Annoying that the sales girl sold me the wireless charger without the back. So it is sitting on my bedside table not being used.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123