+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

does it have (did it come with ) changeable coloured back/battery covers ?... Smartphone News forum

KTW
    KTW no está en línea Stack level 5

Advertisement

does it have (did it come with ) changeable coloured back/battery covers ?

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Del, you have sold me, on my next trip back to the US my BB will be replaced by a Nokia 1020 I had been looking at the Q10, the IPhone and Samsung, but am a touch disappointed with BB, along with the hardware specs, so I may as well jump.

Capdot no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by dushdavj View Post
    Del, you have sold me, on my next trip back to the US my BB will be replaced by a Nokia 1020 I had been looking at the Q10, the IPhone and Samsung, but am a touch disappointed with BB, along with the hardware specs, so I may as well jump.

Whoa...

If I didn't see it for myself I would have never believed it.

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    Well this may come as a shock bit I'm thinking whatever I end up with next will stay stock. Rooted, but stock. I'm growing tired of keeping up with features, flashing and reinstalling stuff.

Its my ocd, or maybe I just have to have the latest. Right now I check for 4.3 over and over. I don't need it, it has no features I'm desperate for. I just want it because its new.

Maybe Windows, maybe iOS.

Nah. But I need to chill. I have 4 different ROMs on my SD card, 2 nandroids, 200+ apps backed up, more than that on my play store list. I have 15 themes, 5 kernels, every modem, several tweak packages, and beta stuff.

Getting hard to track. Perhaps tiresome as well.

KTW
    KTW no está en línea Stack level 5
    Del...is messing with our minds. he is brainwashing us to like the lumia, even if he is not intending to do it he is still brainwashing us

LONG LIVE LUMIA!!!!!!

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    No I'm not KTW. But it's nice to see things tech (smartphones) with an open mind...
    Dave, finally! Mind you, I'll have to take that with a grain of salt. You're worse than my house furniture. It never moves. At least there's the thought. It's a good start. And no, you'll not be disappointed.
    As for you Jay, no comment... you're too far gone!

PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Quote Originally Posted by Capdot View Post

Whoa...

If I didn't see it for myself I would have never believed it.
    It takes time, but it will happen!!
    Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful, and optimistic. And we will change the world. - Jack Layton (1950-2011)
    Blackberry PlayBook 64GB Nokia 1020, Microsoft Surface PRO 2

PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Quote Originally Posted by Delfim View Post
    No I'm not KTW. But it's nice to see things tech (smartphones) with an open mind...
    Dave, finally! Mind you, I'll have to take that with a grain of salt. You're worse than my house furniture. It never moves. At least there's the thought. It's a good start. And no, you'll not be disappointed.
    As for you Jay, no comment... you're too far gone!
    My furniture tends to move countries more than I change phones! I have truly been looking at what is out there, and will be changing my personal phone hence the requirement to do it on my next trip back to the US, may have to wait till I move back to the US (sometime later this year). The only small issue I will need to get used to is it's size compared to the BB. Camera will be a nice addition especially as I intend to purchase either a Nikon D600 or D7100 this year.
    Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful, and optimistic. And we will change the world. - Jack Layton (1950-2011)

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Dave, the 4.5" screen is ideal. Not too big. You'll appreciate the good the quality of the screen and the general finish of the phone. The camera is not the same as the Nikon you want to get, obviously, but it's a very good standby.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by jfcooley View Post
    Well this may come as a shock bit I'm thinking whatever I end up with next will stay stock. Rooted, but stock. I'm growing tired of keeping up with features, flashing and reinstalling stuff.

Its my ocd, or maybe I just have to have the latest. Right now I check for 4.3 over and over. I don't need it, it has no features I'm desperate for. I just want it because its new.

Maybe Windows, maybe iOS.

Nah. But I need to chill. I have 4 different ROMs on my SD card, 2 nandroids, 200+ apps backed up, more than that on my play store list. I have 15 themes, 5 kernels, every modem, several tweak packages, and beta stuff.

Getting hard to track. Perhaps tiresome as well.
    Our little Padawan is growing up.

Quote Originally Posted by dushdavj View Post
    And this.

I'll believe it when I see it.

PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Ok just updated to the 1020. Still trying to get email to work, won't accept my password

got to get used to being unable to pull the battery and not have an SD card. But it is fast!
    RogerG, Delfim and KTW like this.

He did it! He did it! He really did it!
    Delfim likes this.

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    Wait, what?

There ya go Blackberry. You know you've screwed the pooch now.

Wow. Congrats on the new device.
    RogerG and Delfim like this.

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Dave, the Man, the Expatriate! Expatriated BlackBerry - finally!
    Geez, I do have some influence on PinStack...lol admit it! Well Dave, enjoy it!

Our buddy bmanley is pondering the purchase as well, and privately, he has been asking me questions, and I just finished writing him this opinion. I'm sure he won't mind me copy/paste my answer to one of his queries. Here goes:

One thing you must be made aware of, and that's me that am saying: knowing the BB Z10, the Lumia 1020 is heavier. But that's due to the superior build quality by Nokia. In my opinion that justifies the extra weight. As far as the specs are concerned, they're on par with anything else out there, and if there are speed differences when comparing to the Samsung S4 (or even the Note 2), these are minimal, and very hard to perceive. So really, there's no problem there. As for all the other things we use daily, the specs are enough. If you have LTE/4G I can assure you'll notice a more continuous lock to the network. It's uncanny, but true, and it attests to the build quality of the Nokia phones.

Regarding apps, you'll find all you need. The native WP apps, supplemented by the Nokia Apps, make any Lumia a wonderful experience. Trust me, all it takes is about 1 week for you to realize that the apps are very good, well planned and easy to run on the Lumia. And easy to work with. Effective. As for "other" apps that we got used to with iOS or Android, they do exist, you'll just have to find them with an alternative name. Granted some of them aren't up to scratch when compared to iOS, but since I really don't have any use for them, this fact doesn't bother me at all. I don't mention the camera and it's attributes here. All I say is, you have to see how it works and the results to testify to the fact that it's a camera, and at this time, with no equal. Simply fabulous.

Once you're used to the form and function of both WP8 and Lumia 1020, you'll appreciate it, and start to wonder why so many people criticize it at all.

Remember too, that there will be a "functions" update (Amber) soon (also called GDR2) and which will add super functions to the home screen. Later in the year, probably for the holidays, we'll have WP 8.1 (GDR3) and that is going to be major!
    I'm glad Dave! When BlackBerry lost you, they've now lost everything.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast