+ Reply to Thread

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...al-living-room... Smartphone News forum

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!

Article: Will the mobile industry take over the digital living room?

Advertisement

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    Agree and disagree with some of the article.

I agree the TV and model used to deliver it's content is on it's last leg even if those in control don't want to change. Consumers are going to speak with their pocket books. Disagree mobile is on collision course. Mobile is showing consumers and business what is possible but they don't have to necessarily collide.

Mobile devices are mobile for a reason and that does not mean consumers want the same things (Apps/Options) in a large screen TV in a living room. The two will certainly work well together with many things (Airplay, remote control etc)

Anyone remember WebTV, didn't think so? Flop.

Apps while mobile will be a little different than what will win out on the big screen. My point is we have yet to see yet another new market of mobile-type-style-feel user experience but on the big screen. The last thing i want to see on my very expensive big screen TV is Ads from Google and 15 second funny and some not so funny-stupid videos. If the current content we have available on our TV's can be delivered via the web with a simple user interface and easy to navigate you will have a winner.

It has some awesome potential, why do I see a post in the near future that is titled "Virus on my TV" help needed.

Last edited by srl7741; 01-11-2012 at 07:06 PM.

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    ^^^I'm of the same opinion. Only time will tell.

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    The user interface/experience is the first line of battle. Content will come second only after the user numbers can be shown to content providers and they can see $ (dollar signs) in their eyes. Sad but they will not change unless they see money.

+ Reply to Thread