+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Originally Posted by jt_teran I stopped reading in the foreword. Unfortunately lying isn't something I ... Smartphone News forum

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by jt_teran View Post
    I stopped reading in the foreword. Unfortunately lying isn't something I look for in reviews. Spinning clock on the Z10? That doesn't exist in the OS. At all. I mean, literally, the graphic of a spinning clock is nowhere to be found within the OS.

Really unfortunate to see how one of my favorite BlackBerry sites from back in the day would be so incredibly bad at reviewing a device and flat out lie.
    Where have you been?

Be forewarned all ye who enter here. Calm, intelligent discussion is welcome and encouraged. If you are previous members of PinStack as some of you claim, then you know that's how we roll. Excessive defensive posturing will not be tolerated.

Remember, we are all BlackBerry lovers at heart. We want to hear from you guys, and we are not going to flame your opinions, so don't come in here with guns blazing. We didn't write this article and have limited experience with the device, so please....come and share your knowledge.
    chokem likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by drizzt09 View Post
    What a crock-o-lies article. More like had the device for 3 weeks but forgot to turn it on and made up crap to write an article.
    It's is NOT POSSIBLE to get the spinning clock/timer on the Z10 or any other BB10 nor the PlayBook for that matter. That was java based code. It doesn't exist in QNX.
    Only ONE store in the UK "carphone wharehouse" slashed prices. Yet the carriers that they sell for did not slash prices.
    The so called "minor" update had hundreds of battery optimizations. That's no "minor" update.
    Like this guy. One post in almost four years. We love all smartphones here. You have something intelligent to say, bring it on. Don't make one post and leave.

ealvnv no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    Well as fact there is no graphics for the spinning clock built in BB10, maybe a little fact check would help but to each is own, just as I don't like the iphone not everyone has to like the Z10, saying is a bad device based in a lie doesn't help much....

Always good to hear from you E. We don't have enough BB users here anymore to keep us honest.

And nobody, anywhere has said it's a bad device....it's just not what we all had hoped it would be. Simple as that.

And I will say this here and in all caps for emphasis.....PINSTACK DID NOT ABANDON BLACKBERRY OR ITS USERS! BLACKBERRY USERS ABANDONED PINSTACK!

That is all.
    chokem likes this.

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Whilst I will never condone angry comments such as some that one sees on other forums it is good to see people defending BB. The point is though everyone have their likes and dislikes and we should read the reviews for what they are, information and a person's personal opinion.

I don't have a Z10 although I do have a PlayBook and 2 Torches, I have had zero problems with the PlayBook and traveled with it from the freezing North to steamy climates, I haven't seen a white screen of death nor the never ending clock. Even the Torch 9800 rarely has these problems or even battery pulls. I don't play games on the Playbook or the phone although I do watch videos, so I am sure it is dependent on use.

I suggest that much as I enjoy Del's reviews and appreciate his insight i do feel that the Z10 should be given a better opportunity to prove itself than 3 days, since I know the other phones have had far longer to get to where they are today. I don't intend to get a Z10 in the future when my Torch eventually dies

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Dave, 3 days (just 2 and a half really) was enough for my two reviews. That's how I saw it.
    Now, I say what I feel, I see and experience. The time I had it was enough for the purpose, but if i had it for longer I could certainly write more about it. I would also have had the opportunity to experience the updates that have since then been pushed to the Z10.
    I remind all that the reviews I write are about smartphones I buy for the purpose. Just so I can write a review for PS which is based on my experience alone.And then sell at a loss to acquire another, which is economically impossible for me to do now. In the case of the Z10, it was lent to me for those few days. Recently I've had a HTC One which was taken back 1 day after because the retailer sold it.
    All the reviews and there have been a few, are mostly after I bought the object, I begged for it, or loaned from friends.
    Now, if any of you want to start sending them over to me for reviewing I'd greatly appreciate it. It certainly would cost me less. But don't go look for favors in doing so.
    It would never make me change the way I write a review.
    I owe no one any favors. I don't earn a living by writing these things.
    But I must say, I do enjoy it. If you don't, just don't read it.
    It seems these stackers haven't at all.
    Last edited by Delfim; 03-24-2013 at 07:49 AM.
    dushdavj likes this.

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    I promise I wont get butthurt until you trash android

Dave, is it your opinion that this is the right track for Blackberry? I be read over and over its not about specs but software. Personally I believe its both, but as an avid and loyal Blackberry user, do you have solid hope?

(I hope you know me well enough to know that isn't flamebait, I'm honeslty interested)

KTW
    KTW no está en línea Stack level 5
    well I guess we now know how to get the bb users back to pinstack and posting.

all we need is a few more of these types of articles and pinstack will be the biggest bb forum on the web...ok maybe not, but its worth a try.
    Last edited by Delfim; 03-24-2013 at 09:47 AM.

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    KTW, is that you?

KTW
    KTW no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by Delfim View Post
    KTW, is that you?
    why ?

are you surprised I'm not trashing the black berry platform and putting up heavy resistance against the black berry rebels. nuh...I grew out of it...its pointless, it's not like they are going to change their opinion about bb anyway, so why bother. (though it dose sound tempting
    )

...but nuh

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Let me respectfully add this:
    Dave could also write articles with his opinion, defend (it seems that defense is the operative noun here) BB. It would certainly be a valued and objective opinion on PinStack. Dave, you've done it before.

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Quote Originally Posted by jfcooley View Post
    I promise I wont get butthurt until you trash android ...
    That time will come too, sooner or later. I remember, very recently, not being enthused by the S 4. I'll have a loaned S4 soon, so lets wait and see what I have to say of it.
    One thing I know is that your "butthurt" will result in a balanced opinion. You've done that already, many times.

bmay82 no está en línea Stack Professional
    Nice to see everyone getting feathers ruffled over a blackberry again!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast