+ Reply to Thread

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...nlocked-phones... Smartphone News forum

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!

Article: Why you won't benefit from Google's unlocked phones

Advertisement

ventz no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    N/A
    I completely disagree about "missing the extras". The "extras" come in two forms:
    1.) complete and utter junk
    2.) vendor apps which hope to make you use their paid services (verizon+att gps for ex)

If they felt their apps are so good, make them available on the app store and let users device which ones they want to use and how they want to customize them.

Also, TouchWiz has to be biggest joke in the industry. The only reason Samsung is pushing it along is because they know that nothing else makes them "special" outside of producing the headsets, which any of the other 3-4 major vendors can produce.

HTC Sense, UNLIKE Samsung's TouchWiz came out of a need. At the time, the Android UI was simply terrible and HTC stepped in to do something about it. At this point, they should also just kill it.

planneau no está en línea Stack level 5
    I can do without the extra carrier apps. I love Sense, and can do without Touchwiz. Custom UIs adds another layer to the Android OS that you won't get on pure android, which is a love or hate.

Which goes back to what I said a while back; HTC and Samsung should make Sense and touchwiz into a skin/UI app available to download. giving the consumers the choice of stock Android, or custom UI whenever they want it.

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    What a complete and total crock of utter crap.

Users who buy these vanilla androids do so SO THEY DONT HAVE THE BLOAT AND "FEATURES".

The average Joe doesn't give a crap about vanilla android, not until he/she becomes a power user/geek. These devices aren't aimed at them. Kinda why they are sold exclusively through Google.

This guy misses the point of Nexus and Nexus like devices completely. Its not just about getting updates quickly. Its about the control and ability to do what you see fit with your device.

Yes Samsung's features are embedded within the touchwiz framework, but Sammy could easily fix that. They won't because Joe Blow needs that pretty (ugly) UI to help him along. I don't. There are tech sites like XDA that show thousands, hundreds of thousands that don't either.

Eh. This cat needs to go back to school or look beyond his iPad...

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    Edit: wish I felt better to elaborate more, but someone will. +1 to both earlier replies.

rdills no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    I'll never understand why most tech journalist stereotype Stock Android as being unfriendly or too difficult to learn. This myth needs to be killed and buried! It just shows their ridiculous bias. Anything that's not iOS is just too hard for most people because they're just too stupid. But my 10 year old daughter mastered Android years ago. This is an obvious troll article. "Oh no! Grandma and grandpa won't be able to learn it!" Oh well just scrap the whole OS then. Ridiculous!

BP41 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    7B47F4DA
    Touchy touchy

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Those tech journalists probably never have any smartphone long enough to learn anything. Some of them haven't got any learning capabilities as well. The reason there still are dumb phones is to cater for their type of intelligence.
    Unless of course, they get something for free...

+ Reply to Thread