+ Reply to Thread

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...Than-My-iPhone... Smartphone News forum

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!

Article: Why I Like My New Android Better Than My iPhone

Advertisement

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    In first!Always wanted to do that. Wish I wasn't working so I could really post.....

Edit: no I don't. This cat is way out there. 10 to 15 min full charge? No, don't believe that. As well he doesn't mention how long it takes to upload those songs.....

I'm as big a fan of android as anyone, but this review smells fishy.

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    You working. That's the GOOD. All the rest is just for fun.
    This "opinion", amongst the many around, needs a little, shall we say, "salt" ?
    Anyway, the guy seems quite happy, to say the least.

Yeah, I guess. Just comes off as new user euphoria.

Out in sticks again. New ROM, hopefully does better than the full bore one I was using. 2 cores running full time, wouldn't charge to full in an hour let alone 10 minutes. Like MIUI, but not the iPhone look. Thank God for other launchers. No app drawer sucks.

Kimberlee no está en línea Stack level 3
    Del, I have heard that Motorola are terrbile about updates to the OS. That's why I may hold out and wait for the next Nexus. I'm currently using a iPhone 4S and really do love it, but I have always wanted to give android a try and you are giving me very good reasons to do so. Thanks

Kimberlee, remember Google owns Moto now. I'd suspect updates to happen a bit quicker.

Kimberlee no está en línea Stack level 3
    Yea that's correct I forgot........and Rogers is getting the new Motorola Razr.........I may have to go and check it out. Thanks

rdills no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    @Kimberlee I think youre on the right track with the Nexus or any Galaxy S2 device. Moto's not there yet. Their phones are still locked down and just have too much blur.

If I could have any phone it'd be the S2. Wanted nexus, but I'm thinking s2 will be more solid.

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Sorry Kim, been away too long. I see Jay has answered on my behalf. I agree.
    The SII is the prime choice. My wife decided to ditch the IPhone recently, purely because of her professional needs. Audio visual, Microsoft PP, Word and especially other docs containing flash were a major obstacle with the iOS.
    She's a teacher and she finally had to concede. So I traded the IPhone 4 for a SII. A white one. She's still getting used to it, but the immediate plus is the documents which she now can consult work with, fully, not having to resort to other means at a later time to see all the document contents.
    The screen was also a major decider. The performance of the browser has her all excited, and the phone is slim enough for her to carry in her purse.
    Happy customer.
    Last edited by Delfim; 11-06-2011 at 10:04 AM.

Capdot no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by jfcooley View Post
    Kimberlee, remember Google owns Moto now. I'd suspect updates to happen a bit quicker.
    It would be nice if it happens this way. I'm sure Google will strike up some kind of deal with the carriers so they can't get their hands on it first and fill it with mumbo jumbo. Mmm fresh Motoblur straight from the factory.

I seriously believe that we may be getting away from carrier crap. Maybe I'm wrong but I see ICS as the start. Hate Sense, hate Touchwiz, hate Motoblur.

Its my unfounded and uniformed prediction that all three will be phased out for straight OS.

Capdot no está en línea Stack level 5
    I agree with you... For a change :P

The worse thing to happen to Android were those unfortunate skins that manufacturers slapped on their devices to stand out from the others. They stood out alright, but not in a good way. More like how an ugly girl stands out at the dance... Lonely, sad and ashamed of her own skin. An option to disable these would be great.

rdills no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    I agree Cap. They should be offered in the market as home replacements and not forced on us. Motorola even has the nerve to make it hard to remove blur. I'm loving the latest Touchwiz though. Its very light and so smooth. No useless animations like the spinning 3d screens on Sense. Samsung focused on performance and it shows.

Sadly I own all the big launchers just to replace sense if I'm running it. None make me 100% happy. Some are too big, some too crazy with settings, and it feels unnecessary with 2 launchers. Thankfully I can get stock feel with cm7. It uses ADW as default.

+ Reply to Thread