+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Villordsutch

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...d-the-Computer... Smartphone News forum

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!

Article: Who Really Invented the Computer?

Advertisement

Villordsutch no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2A2F75F4
    I know this history as being a UK Resident we like to dig up things like this to beat our inflated chests at the rest of the world.Oh...and it was an Englishman who invented the lightbulb in 1806 - Edison was some 73 years later.And it was a Scotsman that invented the Fax machine back in the 19th Century too...whilst we talking old stuff.I could go on beating my chest but I need a cup of tea.
    lak611 likes this.

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    At this time of the day (GMT) that's what I'm having...

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    GMT another Brit invention...I thought the abacus was the first computer, or how about the human brain? Wonder what goes through the mind of an inventor .... Here is a machine that you can talk into and it will send signals along wires that aren't there to a machine at the other end that isn't there either, plus it will be possible to direct these signals to lots of other machines in many other placesHmmmm

lak611 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    no more
    Quote Originally Posted by Villordsutch View Post
    I know this history as being a UK Resident we like to dig up things like this to beat our inflated chests at the rest of the world.Oh...and it was an Englishman who invented the lightbulb in 1806 - Edison was some 73 years later.And it was a Scotsman that invented the Fax machine back in the 19th Century too...whilst we talking old stuff.I could go on beating my chest but I need a cup of tea.
    That's good!
    Laura

Follow me on Twitter @lak611

+ Reply to Thread