+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...AY-THE-HTC-ONE... Smartphone News forum

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!

Article: WHAT I SAY: THE HTC ONE

Advertisement

jfcooley likes this.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Nice review, Del.....thanks! Will I get one? Dunno.....

PapaMag no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Nadda
    Good job Del, the full metal jacket would feel good in the hand, another solid device by this read

Capdot no está en línea Stack level 5
    If only i could order one of these with the innards of a samsung and a sdcard slot.

damn, that thing is beautiful.

PapaMag no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Nadda
    Quote Originally Posted by Capdot View Post
    If only i could order one of these with the innards of a samsung and a sdcard slot.

damn, that thing is beautiful.
    Now you're talking Cap

Samsung Galaxy S4
    Asus Nexus 7
    Nook Color

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    Great job Del. This is without a doubt the best looking device out there. But I have to have an SD card. Also the Inability to easily root and flash is a deal breaker for me.
    jfcooley likes this.
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4S: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.1.1; en-us; SGH-T999 Build/JRO03L) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/534.30)

Yeah, Jay will confirm what a pain in the arse HTCs are to root.

KTW
    KTW no está en línea Stack level 5
    GREAT REVIEW DEL !

careful if you wish to purchase this device now, you never know if in a few months the htc one+ launches and has all the bug fixes, higher resolution and sd card slot with a removable bigger battery (for those battery pulls-hope its not an issue with this device) oh and of course some other camera thingy magig that is in high supply so availability will be no problem.

though I cant believe the camera is better then that of the iphone 5 interns of clarity, contrast and sharpness...sorry dell, i will have to see this with my own eyes to believe.

as for build quality, never seen an htc with bad build quality, perhaps ok build quality such as the Snap 521S that I'm using as a temporary replacement to my evo ( I'm missing my evo )

I'd say the evo has the better build quality overall, the finishes are great...though back cover, not so much.

look what I'm trying to say is please, if you going to mention build quality then compare it to previous htc devices like the ONE X+, ONE S and Sensation.

though dell I heard that when you view the gallery, the videos on the device animate buy playing a preview of what the video is, is this true ?
    Last edited by KTW; 04-09-2013 at 05:24 AM.

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    Typed out a nice reply, even saved it. Then everything vanished and I couldn't submit.

Have to wait til after work. Nice write up Del.

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4S: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.1.1; en-us; SGH-T999 Build/JRO03L) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/534.30)

What's the point in comparing something if you only do so against the same manufacturer?

Sometimes you make absolutely no sense, KTW.
    Last edited by RogerG; 04-09-2013 at 07:08 AM.

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    I did mention the few good quality phones from others. HTC has always been a quality manufacturer, but with the One they've exceeded themselves. I'll just add a minus. It's so good yet so frail. It's inevitable that you have to protect it. The minute you put something over it you'll cover the best feature the phone has. Unless HTC themselves design something exquisite.
    It's a shame too that HTC opted for not having a removable battery and a microSD. These facts alone could have be the greatest swinger for those of us pondering the purchase of the new S4 instead.
    As for Sense, well it's all down to whether you like it or not. For the vast majority it's a great launcher. For some of us, the pleasure of flashing and playing with different ROMs supercedes all else.
    The pleasure of owning this HTC One, for what it is, is what HTC is aiming at.
    I hope it succeeds.

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Del,
    It's a very good review and good recommendation and indeed a very attractive phone. It appears to have some very neat features. Now, when I see any glowing review on any product I find myself wondering if that product will last long enough to justify the its cost.

That said, here's my HTC experience: My move away from Blackberry while back happened to be when the HTC Incredible was "all the rage." ...and it was, comparatively, incredible...until it died. It didn't just die - it went through a slow, painful process of weird gyrations that were maddening before totally "giving up." By thei time it died, I was almost relieved and I resolved to never own another HTC device and I'm sticking with that decision for now. When the Incredible failed I was faced with getting a free refurbished copy of the same device, which wasn't an attractive offer to me, or buying another phone which turned out the be the expensive choice I made. (Motorola was the brand - wasn't ready to drink the "i-Device coolaid and I'm not plugging Motorola - and I've not had a problem since then.

You mentioned early in the reviews that "HTC is faltering..." - that's a kind of a puzzle. The reason could be nothing more than the fierce industry competition. My experience with them may not be indicative of what the company can do as far as building a quality product. I have no way to know and don't have the inclination to research it...but I'll pass on HTC. As the lyric says, "Once burned, twice shy...."

JB! Nice to hear from you! So are you going back to BlackBerry, then?

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    I can´t blame you J. I would feel the same. I´ve never had any trouble with a HTC smartphone, but as you said, once bitten twice shy. If that happened to me I would never go back to the make again. That´s me.
    Having said this, I have to further criticise:
    1) HTC, regardless of the quality, always seems to loose value quickly and drastically. I personally think their launch prices are high and then after a month or so, it drops. Since I´m always on the look out for a good deal (that´s how I get my phones, lol), and in this particular case the HTC One, I won´t buy it new if I decide to do so. I´ll wait a couple of weeks and I´ll pick up a good, almost unused one, for about 30% less. To aggravate this, the retailers and HTC drop the price after a while. This One is expected to sell at 679€, but I can almost swear that within a month it will offered for at 100€ less. And by then there will be the real 2nd hand market churning out HTC´s again at ridiculously lower prices... as an example: the HTC One X, new, now costs about 500€. It came down from 649€. Second hand, impecabble, free from carrier lock, its at 340€. If I´m lucky to find a cash strapped owner, I´ll get it for around 200€/250€.
    2) The other gripe, a serious one, is the length of time that it takes for HTC to update the Android software. This one I had rolled off with JellyBean 4.1.2. I was expecting 4.2.2. The time HTC will take to roll out the update will make me very nervous. Ok, I´ll Root it, you say. Not an option. All the crap associated to the HTC Bootloader, you already know about. I tried once with the HTC One X, and even then I almost bricked it. Never again. So, I´ll have to be content with whatever HTC puts in their phones. It´s not my cuppa tea.
    And by the way, it´s nice to see you back here. Don´t be a stranger bro!

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    Quote Originally Posted by jblackfish View Post
    Del,
    It's a very good review and good recommendation and indeed a very attractive phone. It appears to have some very neat features. Now, when I see any glowing review on any product I find myself wondering if that product will last long enough to justify the its cost.

That said, here's my HTC experience: My move away from Blackberry while back happened to be when the HTC Incredible was "all the rage." ...and it was, comparatively, incredible...until it died. It didn't just die - it went through a slow, painful process of weird gyrations that were maddening before totally "giving up." By thei time it died, I was almost relieved and I resolved to never own another HTC device and I'm sticking with that decision for now. When the Incredible failed I was faced with getting a free refurbished copy of the same device, which wasn't an attractive offer to me, or buying another phone which turned out the be the expensive choice I made. (Motorola was the brand - wasn't ready to drink the "i-Device coolaid and I'm not plugging Motorola - and I've not had a problem since then.

You mentioned early in the reviews that "HTC is faltering..." - that's a kind of a puzzle. The reason could be nothing more than the fierce industry competition. My experience with them may not be indicative of what the company can do as far as building a quality product. I have no way to know and don't have the inclination to research it...but I'll pass on HTC. As the lyric says, "Once burned, twice shy...."
    This x2 ( pretty much what I had written earlier, and good to see ya)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast