+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...BlackBerry-Z10... Smartphone News forum

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!

Article: WHAT I SAY: The BlackBerry Z10

Advertisement

jfcooley likes this.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4S: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.1.1; en-us; SGH-T999 Build/JRO03L) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/534.30)

Brilliant. You won't find a more honest review anywhere else on the interwebs.

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    Nice Del.
    I'll be skipping this.

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Good review Del, although I find it strange that you say the browser would be smoked, lapped by the SIII and IOS yet in the tests it has the highest score, and in loading pages running head to head on video it seems to beat them.

Still I am sure there are will be many who like Jay will not try it, just as there were many who skipped the IPhone, or skipped the SIII but there are many who are trying it.

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    I haven't read any testing that mentioned the browser opening the mobile version in one instance and then opening a desktop version as well. But it happened to me time and again...
    I'm sure lots of people will be trying it out. And buying it. I hope so. That's what will make the BB successful.

Well it sounds solid. Just clearly not for me. I wouldn't fault anyone for giving it a shot though, and I hope it evolves and does well.

Maybe down the road. I trust Del and I know I haven't the patience to learn all that swyping. Like I said in another thread, I have my phone set up to be efficient for me.

So Del do you believe that this will have the chance to evolve as iOS and Android have? Do you think the adoption rate will be high enough to keep it alive long enough?

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    BB10 will evolve.And quickly as well. It's a good OS. All the good foundations are present, make no mistake. It's interesting and even comparing, if I can, to the original Android or iOS, I have the distinct feeling the BB10 is at a higher level than those two were.
    Swiping, anyone will get used to. It just takes a bit of practice.
    Vodafone here has pre announced the price of the thing. It will be close to 600Euros (over $US800) and that is going to be a very hard sell. Expansys has also announced price and started taking pre orders. At 660 Euros. Yeah, that's a killer.
    But then it's only for a decade, right? BlackBerry CEO shouldn't have said that. That's limiting, I think. But answering your question whether it's like Android, I'll question it again this way. Where will Android and iOS be by then?
    Last edited by Delfim; 02-08-2013 at 07:42 AM.

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    Great job Del. RIM looks like they may have the tools to make a comeback.
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

bmanley no está en línea Stack level 4
    I've been thinking of jumping ship and getting rid of my BB but this one may make me stay. Can't upgrade until June so we will see. Was thinking of the going with an iphone just because they let you do the early upgrade but decided if I was going to leave BB it would be for the Note II. Not being able to afford that outright I needed to wait any way.
    There was a time I talked allot of friends into trying a Blackberry and they loved them but that has not been something you could do with all the other new phones out there. Maybe after I can get one in June maybe I will be able to brag about Blackberries again and get some more people to try them again. Time will tell

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Well, guys it was nice knowing the Z10. Towards the end, today at about 5 pm, it was really growing on me. I was sad I had a date for Monday to hand it back to the tech guy that had made it possible for me write the review. That will still go as planned.
    But at 5pm, the Z10 ceased to function. Black screen, no error message like in the good old days, no connection via usb to the PC. Nothing. Dead like the DoDo...
    I´ve searched for solutions and there´s nothing available on the net.
    I thought of using a "KTW" car battery to jump start it...lol. Obviously I didn´t, I´m joking.
    Which is a way to compensate for my total sadness about this whole thing.
    Somethings don´t change. Not at RIM.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4S: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.1.1; en-us; SGH-T999 Build/JRO03L) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/534.30)

Wow.

Obviously you did a battery pull...

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Obviuosly I did. Old habits die hard...
    The problem, whatever it is, will be diagnosed on Monday morning. Once I know what it is, I´ll let you know.

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Just wonder, could it be a flat battery, have you tried leaving it logged in for a couple of hours. I had a similar problem with the PlayBook and had to leave it plugged in for 2 hours to get enough charge in the battery to get it going. The other thing is to reboot you don't need to pull the battery anymore just hold the power button for a few seconds and it will reboot.

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    That doesn't bode well for RIM. Gee.
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast