+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By gljones
  • 1 Post By catstide

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...E-HTC-ONE-(M8)... Smartphone News forum

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!

Article: WHAT I SAY: THE HTC ONE (M8)

Advertisement

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    The tractor can charge a phone. not easily.
    Cas is still on the fence, I think until she actually sees One. She is a big fan of her current One so a new One isn't all that exciting to her. Which One will she end up with? NoOne knows.

I have decided against both. Should she not use her upgrade I'm eyeing whatever the G3 ends up being or the next Nexus. As you point out, battery may end up being the deciding factor.

Off topic, but the Nexus has charmed me. While I'm not official stock Android its close enough to count. The added feature SlimKat offer are just enough while saving my battery, at least enough to get through the day.

The whole metal body thing still means very little to me. I admit her One is nice, but it doesn't offer enough of an advantage to make me wish for metal. HTC is approaching this all wrong. Bump the camera and drop the gimmicks. +1 on adding SD support though..

gljones no está en línea Stack level 1
    I'll say this: I do like my New One better than my GS4 - faster, smoother, much better signal reception, much better battery life. Do I care about the metal body? Not really, as I put all my phones in a case/holster. Do I care about the camera? Somewhat, yes - the camera does a good enough job for me, especially indoors. If I'm going somewhere where I know I'm going to want better pics than the One can deliver, I'll bring my D3. I haven't tested video yet, but the same applies - I'll bring along my digital camcorder if I know I'm going to want something better. Based on the 5+ days I've had to play around with it, I must say that the One is the best smartphone I've owned to date. The One may not work for others, but it works great for me!
    RogerG likes this.

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    The funny thing is...people say that their new phone is much faster and smoother than their old phone. In reality their old phone was just as fast and smooth as their new phone is when it was new.

I wrote that and I had to read it three times.
    RogerG likes this.

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Well, I read it once and immediately understood we all were much faster when we were new, too!

I get what you are saying, but I can honestly say that my GS4 was never as fast and smooth as this One, not even right out of the box.

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    gljones, yes. HTC has always impressed with speed. Even before the One. Especially also, the way it downloads from the web.

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    Does it have wireless charging?

No wireless charging without a "special cover accessory" which I assume will be available later.

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    That's a feature that is very welcome and it will soon be the norm. The cost of the back cover and the charger is prohibitive I think.
    I have three chargers. They're from Nokia. Since it's a standard that's being adopted by all manufacturers I'm keeping them for whatever phone will carry the feature.
    Let me add. The present solution offered for the Samsung S4 and S5 as well as the Note 3, is awkward. The "action" area is too small. If you place the phones just off centre on the charge matt it doesn't work. Nokia on the other hand, has a wider area, so any place is a good place.
    Plus, they have them for upright positions, flat and for the car. Great stuff! And most of their top smartphones already carry the back cover.

+ Reply to Thread