+ Reply to Thread

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...Verizon-iPhone... Smartphone News forum

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!

Article: What Can We Expect From A Verizon iPhone?

Advertisement

Capdot no está en línea Stack level 5
    Since this announcement is taking place on Verizon's turf, I would have to believe that this iPhone is going to be exactly like ATT's iPhone. The only difference is that this is a CDMA model.

If this was a new model, the first 4G iPhone, Steve would have went out and purchased himself a new black turtleneck, and unveiled it himself.

Do you think it's possible, that ATT will get a new iteration of the iPhone in June or July and Verizon get it a few months later? I could only imagine the pandemonium at Apple stores around the country if both carriers released it the same day.

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    ^^^ lets wait for some white smoke today in NY.
    If it does, then with the intro of the i5 in midyear, Apple will be hard pressed to meet demand to supply both carriers. That will be also interesting to follow.

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    If it is CDMA, then multi-tasking over the carrier will not be possible, you have either phone or data, will that mean dropped calls, or will calls have priority? Apparently there is a new antena design as well (Apple says it is for the different network ) I also heard it only has CDMA (no GSM) so will not be able to use it when traveling anywhere other than North America. I would have thought that could be a problem for a lot of people. It was one of my main annoyances when I was with Verizon!

I wonder how many people will jump from AT&T to Verizon with their Iphones? AT&T 3G can be used almost anywhere worldwide.

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Hi Dave !
    Follow this link ( a just now article that somehow, you foresaw):

http://forums.pinstack.com/content/1..._iphone_4.html

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    Quote Originally Posted by dushdavj View Post
    I would have thought that could be a problem for a lot of people. It was one of my main annoyances when I was with Verizon! (Exactly)

I wonder how many people will jump from AT&T to Verizon with their Iphones? AT&T 3G can be used almost anywhere worldwide.
    Hell to the no no!!! Dude why leave a network in which you can talk and download apps for free (jailbroken) had to go there...and surf the net , go to pinstack, chat with my friends through IM+ and use my gps all at the same time? Simply because it's on Verizon? Nope, but I'm pretty sure one of the first things the DevTeam is working on at the moment is a way around no voice/data capabilities. Gotta love hackers But going back to your question about how many people would jump ship, I will definitely have to say Hell No!!!! I'm waiting for the iPhone 5 and go all in your face to the verizon iPhone virgins
    What's the matter? CIA's got you pushing too many pencils?

TeriO no está en línea Stack level 3
    I am glad that Verizon is finally getting the iPhone. I love mine and have many friends who won't leave Verizon, but want this phone. Personally, I am not a huge fan of AT&T, but at the same time, I am a fan of being able to be on the phone, text, and be on the net at the same time and I don't think that I am willing to give that up. Compared to my Bold, I have had zero problems with my iPhone (knock on wood) and have not had to deal with AT&T's lack of customer service anyway.

PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    The question actually should be how many android (poor man's iPhone) users will jump ship for the real deal. I was reading a report on how people reacted at the news from yesterday. The study conducted stated that verizon customers hadn't had the opportunity to finally get what they wanted and instead settled for the closest thing to it case in point (android phones). Don't believe me? Go to your nearest verizon store and see how many people will be lining up to get the phone they've been dreaming about for the past 4 years or so. Buh bye Hemroid, I mean Android

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    ^^^ the question is "cost" ! Always !
    Since the iPhone 4 is a relatively "new" phone, the cost to migrate between AT&T and Verizon is prohibitive. CDMA doesn't cut it either... And Multi-tasking ? Affter such a long wait for this feature and Verizon can't deliver?
    Wow - this is the 21st Century people !

PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    ^^ Amen brotha!!! Why would anyone from AT&T go to verizon first of all when we're getting 4g and be able to talk and surf and listen to pandora and text and navigate all at the same time ? Verizon succeeded in getting crApple to dish them a dumbed down version of the iPhone but failed to deliver what attracts so many iPhone users and that is the ultimate experience and not a limited one.
    What's the matter? CIA's got you pushing too many pencils?

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    In the end I think the people that love Verizon and always wanted an Iphone will switch from their BB's to the dumbed down version, or even buy one specifically for surfing the web. I knew a number of people that had 2 lines with Verizon because they could not surf and talk at the same time as you can with AT&T. Good luck Verizon, it will be interesting to see if they have similar problems to AT&T and if people will suddenly become very unhappy with them.

rdills no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    What Can We Expect From A Verizon iPhone?
    Before I express my expectations, I'd like to say, simply bringing the same old stale IP4 to Verizon is a huge mistake on Apple's part. This is their plan to compete against the Droid super army? Really? They missed a huge opportunity to strike a blow against red hot Android, which will soon be too far ahead to catch. But anyway, here's what I expect....

Sales will be ok because of 2 reasons. 1) People the will switch from At&t's terrible network to get full bars everywhere. 2) Some very uniformed Android users, that's always been curious about the iphone, wil try it out. The second reason will actually end up hurting the iphone the most. Coming from any high end Android device, this is a definite down grade. The openness of Android will be sorely missing for these users. No more flash, or TRUE multi-tasking! No choice of homescreen U.I.! No more free turn by turn, or 3d maps! Going from the choice of having different browsers, music players, sms apps, removable storage or battery. To no choice. I don't see that going over well at all. We'll see if I'm right about this and I'll be here to remind you guys when I am.
    Last edited by rdills; 01-12-2011 at 07:47 PM.

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    ... Rdills, you are right of course. The question I put to you is this: how much is the connoisseur market of smartphones worth ? Fundis like you who care and know, or want to know about all the possibilities of a Android ? We're a drop in the ocean !
    The rest of the consumers want a fancy phone that does what it has to do, is a show off to friends and peers. Thats it ! And this market is worth millions !

Capdot no está en línea Stack level 5
    delfim is right.

The smartphone enthusiast is only a small percentage of the smartphone market. Most consumers are not aware of differences in OS or even what a widget is.

The iPhone has been thrust into a fad, and people will flock to buy it cause it is the phone to have. I may go out on a limb here and even say that the iPhone is the Razr of smartphones. I remember when the Razr came out and everyone had to have one, not because it out performed all other flip phones, it was just the fad of it.

rdills is right in a way too. I think people that move from an Android device to an iPhone will clearly see what the strengths of Android are compared to the iPhone, but how many people are going to be switching back from already paying for the full amount of the iPhone?

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    ^^^ ditto !!

+ Reply to Thread