+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

That's a good point about BlackBerry. They are the brunt of most jokes online. I ... Smartphone News forum

smooth10 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    21CB9337

Advertisement

That's a good point about BlackBerry. They are the brunt of most jokes online. I think we are sometimes sensitive about things. I hope this back and forth conversation can all calm us down. I think you have explained yourself well. Let's move on to some real news about phones. I hope we can still continue with supporting our favourite devices wholeheartedly without attacking others.

I hope we can support each other like we did in the past.
    Apple iPhone rules
    Delfim likes this.

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Quote Originally Posted by jfcooley View Post

...I'm getting an iPhone. ..
    I'm too. I sold the i4 and the BB9900. Ididn't make enough dough, but close enough to buy a iPhone 4S 64Gb.

And you know what ? It cost me 1,114.00Euros ( that's 1,538 US Dollars). It's arriving during this week. Wanna check? Click HERE.

How many of you would buy an iPhone at that price ? Let's be honest here, please.

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Quote Originally Posted by smooth10 View Post
    That's a good point about BlackBerry. They are the brunt of most jokes online. I think we are sometimes sensitive about things. I hope this back and forth conversation can all calm us down. I think you have explained yourself well. Let's move on to some real news about phones. I hope we can still continue with supporting our favourite devices wholeheartedly without attacking others.

Apple iPhone rules
    You've hit the nail on the head. Thank goodness for PS.

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    Par for the course. Attack, attack, attack, then when met with any differing opinion or resistance, cry foul. It's not the negative articles, some are deserved. It's the almost daily openly biased slant portrayed that some have issues with. We get it, you guys don't like Apple products. And that's fine, I really don't care what device you use. We get it. You don't have to remind us daily, we get it.
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Oi Vey ( No, I'm not Jewish !)

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    Chokem I don't see it as being that way. I respect you, last thing I'd want to do is beat you over the head with something as stupid as that.

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    LOL. Ok, i'll just keep my "stupid" opinions to myself from now on. What do i know anyway?
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

Quote Originally Posted by chokem View Post
    LOL. Ok, i'll just keep my "stupid" opinions to myself from now on. What do i know anyway?
    Wow.
    just wow.

With that I'm done with this.

papareyenc no está en línea Stack level 3
    Just reading the healthy banter
    Delfim likes this.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by smooth10 View Post

Apple iPhone rules
    A voice of reason. Thanks for that smooth.

We all find ourselves being caught up and caught off guard with comments here. I admit I felt the same way earlier today.

We all like to defend ourselves when we feel like we're the underdog and lately, as some have pointed out, Apple is at the brunt of the abuse in the news these days. People are tired of picking on RIM because, well, they really can't get much lower at this point.

All kidding aside, the two top dogs these days are Android and Apple, so that's where all the focus is going to be. It's just a matter of time until the balance of good news shifts towards Apple again, and who knows......RIM might even surprise us all next year.

So we all have some lessons to learn here. Some of us have to learn how not to be such arseholes. Yes, I said that. And others of us have to learn how to be more thick-skinned.

I don't want people to hold back here from their points of view. I do, however want PinStack to be what it always has been....a model of decorum, altruism and respect for the feelings and opinions of others.

Once again, these are PHONES we're talking about here, people.....let's try not to take them, and each other so freaking seriously.
    Delfim likes this.

There's my problem, I thought it was a religion. Was going to change my name to Rev. HemRoid.

Capdot no está en línea Stack level 5
    "The iPhone is a status symbol"
    Are people shallow? Yes they are, but anyone that looks down on someone because of their phone is an idiot. Anyone that assumes someone is awesome because of their iPhone is an idiot too. I don't think anyone here at the stacks bought and iPhone to polish their status.

"The iPhone is a smartphone for dumb users"
    Really? So when does having a more involved OS make you smarter? You bought an android phone because you didn't want people to think you were dumb? Of course not. A mechanic can tighten a lot of bolts without having to take the wrench apart.

"iPhone users are ignorant"
    Because if your happy with something and it fulfills your needs you can't settle for it.

"iphone users are suckered in with skillful marketing"
    It is no lie, apple gets marketing. Don't leave out the fact that the product itself, as said the article is a great device" so why can't people buy this great device without facing statements like this? "I hate iPhone users cause they are suckers for marketing. Hey dude check out my Droid"!

"iPhone users don't like to tinker"
    If you mean tinker as in not having to try different Roms to replace one set of bugs with another set of bugs. Yea your right. Or, I have to root cause I'm never getting an update? Yes. You are correct. I jailbreak and tinker because I like to void warranties.

"iPhone users don't like technology"
    "While Android phones feel like "technology"
    If your definition of technology is; never to be updated again and ignored by the manufacturer, only to sucker you in to buying the next phone 3 months later to only begin the cycle again is "technology" your doing it wrong.

"iPhone fans are easily paralyzed by choice"
    You have the choice to buy whatever you want as long as its Android. Any other choice is an ignorant one. If you choose iPhone as your phone of choice you are wrong and you shouldn't have made that choice. Some people shouldn't have the right to choose because they may make the wrong choice and not choose Android. Even when it was your choice to do so in the first place.

Some iPhone users fall into these categories but that says more about the person than the product itself. Go get a hug and calm down. If someone chooses iPhone, take a breath. It will be ok. You don't have to generalize everyone to make yourself fell better about your phone of choice not being number one. You will get through this. I promise.
    Delfim and smooth10 like this.

lak611 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    no more
    The iPhone is a smart phone for dumb users.
    The iPhone is supposed to be easy to use, so novices are attracted to it for that reason.
    I do have one friend who fits that stereotype. He is a great guy, but he is completely tech-ignorant. I've cleaned viruses from his PC, secured his wireless network, and set up Windows Update, all since he was clueless. Another friend who has an iPhone had to teach this guy how to use email on the iPhone, since he could not figure it out. Nobody who is an active member on any tech-related forum such as Pinstack fits that stereotype, but I am sure all of you know someone (and probably helped someone) like that. The same could apply to Android, BlackBerry and Windows Phone users. I really feel like telling my friend this.
    Of course if I were to install Linux on his PC I would not give him root privilege.
    Last edited by lak611; 11-07-2011 at 03:08 AM.
    Delfim likes this.

Capdot no está en línea Stack level 5
    Lak, I'm having a problem with my PC and I may need your help. I want to move my mouse cursor to the edge of the screen, but I run out of space on my mouse pad... Everytime this happens I have to restart my computer.

Please come over. Wear a red dress and bring wine.

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    ^^hahahaha

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast