+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Forgive my misspellings. Hartley to type on my massproduced, undermarketed inferior phone in direct sunlight. ... Smartphone News forum

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional

Advertisement

Forgive my misspellings. Hartley to type on my massproduced, undermarketed inferior phone in direct sunlight. I have to keep brightness down cause of poor battery life.

Let me try again. ALL HAIL THE IPHONE!
    Mean that. I'll still sleep tonight. And I m not angry.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    I might have to agree with the Cat on this one.

smooth10 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    21CB9337
    I really enjoy reading the front page articles on PinStack because, on average, they are Android favoured articles with iPhone users filling the comment areas. I personally enjoy my fellow iStackers' (chokem, catstide, BHP77, raton, etc.) comments because they give me a laugh. Now I won't go as far as saying the front page articles are all Android, but the bias is measurable in the amount of articles that are posted which are pro-Android. That's not criticism Del, that's just the truth. The iPhone is one of the best selling devices all time, but I sign on Pinstack almost daily and it's rare to see an "iPhone vs. 'Other device'" article where iPhone ends up on top. Let's not play coy about this, please.

Now perhaps Android users have it figured out (i doubt it, but it's a possibility). But in a forum where all things should be equal, it sure seems that the articles aren't. But when things are said such as "power, customizability, and choice" are related to Androids, I just want to direct your attention to screen shots of some iPhone's, for example.

To state that "MANY" iPhone users fall into the propaganda of marketing may be true for some. It is a great marketed product as all Apple products are. But the iPhone is amazing so it's pretty easy to market something of that caliber. "Marketing" was the basis behind at least 5 of the 12 things you came up with in your Google+ survey (well not yours, but the article's author). Then the article says "iPhone users don't like technology"... This is so silly, I won't even comment on this. This article was biased from the beginning when it stated "I asked my Android-loving friends..."

All in all, criticize me if you want. Everything I put here is true; not an opinion. But I agree with catstide when he stated "I don't even click on these links anymore". It's getting tiresome. If I stand correct, the last time people on PinStack made comments eluding to the fact that there is/was biased article posting, the following day you posted a couple positive ones about Apple. I can only hope this triggers the same effect.

PS - I did read the entire article and I took it a step further and read the actual article on Computer World. I guess you just bolded the last part of the article to show that you weren't biased??? Because the original article isn't bolded there. To me, it's counterintuitive. That doesn't appease the iPhone users here, it just enrages them in my opinion. The article is pro-Android so there's no need to do that. It's a bit demeaning to the iPhone because the article puts the iPhone underneath the Android and then says, "Hey you look good so we'll go easy on you". Pointless.
    BUT I do see why you may have chose to do it because I just refreshed the page and I see more comments coming in. I feel like we all need to find some middle ground.

(This is the most I've ever typed on Pinstack, I think)
    Last edited by smooth10; 11-06-2011 at 01:48 PM.

I honestly don't see this as anti-apple.
    More over I see it as stupid (mostly) opinions contradicted by the author at the end of the article.

I believe that MAYBE if there's a difference of opinion, then the article should be DISCUSSED and not the posters integrity.

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    Forget this topic, I had a 600 word post and when I went to reply it logged me out and I lost it all

Incredible!

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by srl7741 View Post
    Forget this topic, I had a 600 word post and when I went to reply it logged me out and I lost it all

Incredible!
    Ugh, sorry about that. Would've loved to have seen it. Sometimes if you hit the "back" button you can retrieve it, depending on your browser.

PIN/ID
    21CB9337
    Quote Originally Posted by srl7741 View Post

Incredible!
    Same happened to me. But I left the thread and came back to it, and there was a button called "restore the last session" or something to that manner, and I got it back!

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    I should have known better, it's happen before and I used to write my stuff in "word" first then copy and paste over. No big deal but certainly frustrating.

The post was not about the "vs" but rather the "why" which I think it's more important.

PIN/ID
    Apple
    Quote Originally Posted by jfcooley View Post
    Wow guys. Were we complaining about all the Apple articles before the 4s launch?
    Not the same thing as what we're talking about. Besides, none of us say anything negative about the 2-3 handsets each week that come out for android. We like to know what's going on, on all sides. If not we wouldn't be here. I'd be at MR and you'd be at AC.

Quote Originally Posted by RogerG View Post
    I can't stand the complaining either, whether it's light-hearted or not, and my patience is wearing thin.
    These kind of articles do nothing but provoke the type of responses that it got. It was mean to get a rise out of iPhone users and that's what it did. I don't mind getting into a little turf war here and there. It's fun, but it seems there are a lot of this type being put on the front page.

Quote Originally Posted by catstide View Post
    your missing the whole point. It's not Apple vs Android vs RIM articles...it's the anti apple articles that i get tired of. I like reading the Android articles almost as much as i like reading the iphone articles so i can kinda stay caught up on them. i still own and love an Android device.
    I second this, I still have a android and love to keep up with whats going on with it.

Quote Originally Posted by smooth10 View Post
    I really enjoy reading the front page articles on PinStack because, on average, they are Android favoured articles with iPhone users filling the comment areas. I personally enjoy my fellow iStackers' (chokem, catstide, BHP77, raton, etc.) comments because they give me a laugh. Now I won't go as far as saying the front page articles are all Android, but the bias is measurable in the amount of articles that are posted which are pro-Android. That's not criticism Del, that's just the truth. The iPhone is one of the best selling devices all time, but I sign on Pinstack almost daily and it's rare to see an "iPhone vs. 'Other device'" article where iPhone ends up on top. Let's not play coy about this, please.

Now perhaps Android users have it figured out (i doubt it, but it's a possibility). But in a forum where all things should be equal, it sure seems that the articles aren't. But when things are said such as "power, customizability, and choice" are related to Androids, I just want to direct your attention to screen shots of some iPhone's, for example.

To state that "MANY" iPhone users fall into the propaganda of marketing may be true for some. It is a great marketed product as all Apple products are. But the iPhone is amazing so it's pretty easy to market something of that caliber. "Marketing" was the basis behind at least 5 of the 12 things you came up with in your Google+ survey (well not yours, but the article's author). Then the article says "iPhone users don't like technology"... This is so silly, I won't even comment on this. This article was biased from the beginning when it stated "I asked my Android-loving friends..."

All in all, criticize me if you want. Everything I put here is true; not an opinion. But I agree with catstide when he stated "I don't even click on these links anymore". It's getting tiresome. If I stand correct, the last time people on PinStack made comments eluding to the fact that there is/was biased article posting, the following day you posted a couple positive ones about Apple. I can only hope this triggers the same effect.

PS - I did read the entire article and I took it a step further and read the actual article on Computer World. I guess you just bolded the last part of the article to show that you weren't biased??? Because the original article isn't bolded there. To me, it's counterintuitive. That doesn't appease the iPhone users here, it just enrages them in my opinion. The article is pro-Android so there's no need to do that. It's a bit demeaning to the iPhone because the article puts the iPhone underneath the Android and then says, "Hey you look good so we'll go easy on you". Pointless.
    BUT I do see why you may have chose to do it because I just refreshed the page and I see more comments coming in. I feel like we all need to find some middle ground.

(This is the most I've ever typed on Pinstack, I think)
    ;D
    Well said and yes I think that is the longest post for you yet,lol

OK. You guys are so discriminated against. My apologies fir supporting rmrhis obviously biased poster.

Rushing out to buy an iPhone so I can feel indignant.
    obligatory smilies.

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    Quote Originally Posted by RogerG View Post
    I might have to agree with the Cat on this one.
    I agree too. I don't mind a little light hearted jabbing, but article after article is too much. I don't see anyone here who likes and/or uses iPhones publishing ANY negative articles on any Android device. This song is getting old.
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    I'll try and answer all of your comments with this simple justification, if you want to call it that.When I go with a story I see on the sites I usually look if it is of interest to the stackers.
    I also, if given the opportunity from the stories I read, to provoke (without being rude) stackers, hoping they will respond with comments. It's one of my objectives to receive active participation and discussion on any given topic.
    To the less informed, to the ones that have arrived lately at PS, to those of you who have come back, let me shed some light: Since the 15th October 2010, until today, I have posted 1242 Articles. By doing a rough search on my Evernote notes since last year, the figures are roughly this:Of all those articles 296 have been Apple/iPhone/iOS related. 244 have been Google, Android. Blackberry is just slightly over 100, WM just about the same, and the greatest percentage has been generic news, some 101's, cartoons, finance, and so on and so forth.
    I don't have a plan. But things, in the end, work out quite balanced. You may not look at it that way. All it takes is to be away from PS (quite normal) and then be hit by a series of articles that may bring you to think that it's all one sided. The one factor that I can't control, is what is in the news "now". "Now" gets published if I feel that way. If I think it's interesting. My prerogative. And usually I have the time to read them all first. Some don't get covered, because it's yesterday's news. You probably have read them somewhere else already...
    And believe me when I say I couldn't care less about favouring one over the other smartphone. I go with what I like. I don't get upset, offended and resort to griping when it gets criticized. I don't defend any smartphone team here. None at all.
    I do, however, get saddened when my buds on Pinstack aren't able to distinguish this.

PIN/ID
    21CB9337
    Sorry you feel attacked Del, but you sorted your articles on topic, not content. Just because you posted 296 articles on iPhones doesn't mean they are the same content. You may post articles about Apple news (such as Steve Jobs passing, or release dates) but how many are iPhone vs. Android where iPhone wins? Alternatively, how many have been iPhone vs. Android where Android wins? These are the articles the commenters are having trouble with. It seems these articles surface on the front page more often. When you post about Apple, it's general news. It is your prerogative as to what you post, however, do not be saddened when we criticize/comment on that prerogative.

Perhaps there aren't any iPhone vs. Android articles out there where iPhone wins...

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Attacked ? Not at all. Do I have to be careful with the sensitivities of one type of stacker ? Apparently.
    When you guys comment on Android, and some of the attacks are visceral (actually, not you smooth10, not in your character), how do you think other Android stackers may feel ?
    I remember distinctly the many times I wrote glorious things about iPhone. I was actually surprised by some of the articles when I did the search on my Evernote. I forget what I wrote...
    Your last comment is pertinent. Apparently there aren't that many. I've looked, and I keep looking. And just because I've said this now, will you come to the conclusion that it's me ?
    What is evident, and I react in consonance with it, is the amount of news being generated by Android. At any given time. Apple does relatively well as well. But look at Blackberry. How many news newsworthy stuff gets released ? Lately, all negative. I don't see the BB addicts ( I'm one) clamouring for better treatment.
    I dunno. Maybe I'm all wrong.
    One thing I'm not, is frustrated with what I have. If I even start to feel that way, it's gone, goodbye, arriverdeci. I have no time to feel that way. I don't owe that type of "fidelity" to anyone.
    Except to my mom, wife and kids. That's it.
    My rant, smooth. Sorry.

Del. Sorry guy, but its just wrong. You just have to stop posting any pro-android stuff. It wont bring discussions on topic, its going to bring discussions on you.
    If Apple flops, its only because you willed it. If android soars, its not news. Its you.

Seriously. What the heck is going on here as of late?
    Explain it to me like a child, cause all I see is tilting at windmills.

I don't get it guys.

I'm getting an iPhone. I want the ability to rain down backhander insults when news is bad and to gloat when its good. I wanna thin skin, and to feel persecuted while quoting superior sales figures. As an android owner all I have is my dead battery, subpar user experience, and no one to share it with.

I think so highly of all of you, joking aside, but this seems so childish.

Evo 3d for sale...
    Delfim likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast